GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I think LA got away with some stuff penalty wise - both teams had one PP - i know you're just lashing out - it's cool

Trading PP’s is in Edmonton’s favour though. Just play the whole game 5v5 though. They gave the Oilers the weak PP because they were getting outplayed.

Even Hockey Night in Canada said it was a bad call

Here you are, in another Oilers GDT in the playoffs, in which the Oilers are about to go further than the Leafs yet again, and you're trying to explain why the Leafs have a tougher path, despite the Oilers having only lost to cup champions. You are a clown.

The Oilers got swept by the Cup champs and then won 2 games.

2 wins in 2 series vs the Cup champs is supposed to make them a contender?

Last edited:

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
They’ve never beat a team better than the Leafs have.

Edmonton tries to pretend LA some contender every year as if they weren’t the 7th seed (8th seed if Vegas was healthy)
They beat Calgary when they still had Tkachuk. Leafs seem to cower in fear of his new team.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
Trading PP’s is in Edmonton’s favour though. Just play the whole game 5v5 though. They gave the Oilers the weak PP because they were getting outplayed.

i get that... there were instances of clear penalties that weren't called (IMO - not going to list em lol) it was an even game that the oilers won

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
He’s not injured, and he’s not actually that bad. He just doesn’t give a rat’s dick.
Hes a play for money, not for the love of the game or accolades type of guy. Definitely not a winner. He's in it for the payday and lifestyle, thats all and he managed to find a team with a shitty enough Gm to offer him an 8 year contract.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

The Oilers got swept by the Cup champs and then won 2 games.

2 wins in 2 series vs the Cup champs is supposed to be them a contender?
Enjoy yet another first round exit and punching the air like Cuba Gooding Junior that the Oilers continue to be better than the Leafs.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
To be fair to them, Dubois is a talented guy who had played really well at times for Winnipeg.

I just blame the player. I guess the managment needs to identify character people, but I dunno, he just doesn't seem to have any intensity in his game anymore.

I guess if your making that big a swing you gotta get it right, and they didn't, might seal Blake's fate.
Dubois very clearly showed the exact type of person he was when he played for both the Jackets and the Jets. Wouldn't trade a 7th rounder for this lazy bum

snag

Feb 22, 2014

And how many legit calls were missed?

Reactions: Dieseloil

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
They'd think the same about our Canucks, lol. We'll see who gets long term bragging rights if they meet in the next round.

I'm all for total chaos.
Money on Edmonton, Vancouvers too battered.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Dubois very clearly showed the exact type of person he was when he played for both the Jackets and the Jets. Wouldn't trade a 7th rounder for this lazy bum

Yeah for sure at times, especially in CBJ near the end, but early in his career in Columbus he was good, and he did have good stretches in Winnipeg.

I wouldn't have taken the risk, but even as an inconsistent diva he was never this bad, this is next level.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
They'd think the same about our Canucks, lol. We'll see who gets long term bragging rights if they meet in the next round.

I'm all for total chaos.
That's where I'm at.

That being said we're not even in Round 2 yet. Both the Oilers and Canucks have to take care of business in Round 1 first.

Reactions: Petey O
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad