2024 Men's World Championship Thread - Dahlin, Cozens, Byram, Power, Peterka, Olofsson

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It really feels like one of Catton or Helenius could fall out of the top 10, just like Benson did last year.

How do folks rank Benson against those two? How would you rank all three if they had the same draft year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know there is some hate for VO, but I still think in the right situation (not on this team anymore) he can be a very strong powerplay threat and a minor liability on ES. I expect him to be a cheap pickup for a team looking to see if he can turn it around.

His skill set seems to scream Chicago right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wish I wasn’t in the middle of unpacking, would love to be watching more of this one with guys like Helenius and MBN playing 1st line for their respective teams.

Strexvale

Mar 8, 2007
West Seneca, NY
That’s what happens when half of your team is Sabres

Stat-wise, it looks like Cozens in particular was the worst offender. He was on the ice for 3 of the Austrian goals, including 2 in the third. Power and Byram were on the ice for one against apiece, though both still ended up as a plus.

Granted I wasn't able to watch so this is just looking at the highlights/stats, so did he look as bad as the stats suggest?

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Stat-wise, it looks like Cozens in particular was the worst offender. He was on the ice for 3 of the Austrian goals, including 2 in the third. Power and Byram were on the ice for one against apiece, though both still ended up as a plus.

Granted I wasn't able to watch so this is just looking at the highlights/stats, so did he look as bad as the stats suggest?
He had the first goal of the game and Canada had a 6-1 lead then the whole team mostly took off for the 3rd because they thought the game was in the bag. And Binnington let in some softies.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad