Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.1%

• Total voters

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Briere and Keith Jones are in Oshawa tonight watching Generals vs Knights. Flyers have a couple of high end prospects playing for London and of course there's Dickinson to watch. No Sennecke in the lineup for them to watch though.

Generals are up 3-0 in the 1st. Here's hoping they can hang on to increase the chances of seeing Sennecke again this season.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Galchenyuk only played 2 regular season games (0 points) and 6 playoff games (4 points) in his 2012 draft year. You're talking about when he scored the season after he was drafted when he scored 61 points in 33 games which was also the same season he made the Habs in January immediately after the NHL lockout.

Morgan Reilly also only played 18 games in that same 2012 draft year.
Yup you are correct. But his D-1 year was dominant. More dominant than Lindstrom's D-1.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Someone needs to sit Boilard down Joshua Roy style and ask him if he really wants an NHL career.

His effort level is abysmal and is probably the most passive player I've watched all year, which is a shame because the tools are there to be a low-end 2C if he actually applied himself.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yup you are correct. But his D-1 year was dominant. More dominant than Lindstrom's D-1.
Yeah the argument holds no merit when both he and Yakupov turn out to be shit players. Good enough for the CHL but neither had the traits to succeed at the next level. Lindstrom has the size, the skating, the physicality and the shot to be a force.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Basu was just mentioning that Iginla and Sennecke while risers are gonna be higher on the final lists than they are now.

Said people gotta get comfortable with the idea with Sennecke at 5, not saying they will pick him for sure but that it's a possibility.

Said if Chicago passes Demidov might fall to 5 but obviously it's not super likely but it's possible.

Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla/Sennecke look like the top 4 options there. Basu wouldn't kill Silayev being the pick if he's there but the belief is that hes going in the top of the draft, as is Levshunov.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Basu was just mentioning that Iginla and Sennecke while risers are gonna be higher on the final lists than they are now.

Said people gotta get comfortable with the idea with Sennecke at 5, not saying they will pick him for sure but that it's a possibility.

Said if Chicago passes Demidov might fall to 5 but obviously it's not super likely but it's possible.

Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla/Sennecke look like the top 4 options there. Basu wouldn't kill Silayev being the pick if he's there but the belief is that hes going in the top of the draft, as is Levshunov.
Basus suggesting Sennecke possible at 5 now...

I'm starting to think that the Habs have Sennecke higher than Lindstrom.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Generals blew a 6-2 third period lead. Woof. I was hoping for a close series to see Sennecke but it might be 3-0 Knights if they score in OT

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Basus suggesting Sennecke possible at 5 now...

I'm starting to think that the Habs have Sennecke higher than Lindstrom.

No one really knows, the scouts are meeting this week so I would say we are gonna start getting more information following this week.

I still don't trust a lot until after the combine, then things really start to come into focus. That's when we knew it was Reinbacher or Leonard.

Generals blew a 6-2 third period lead. Woof. I was hoping for a close series to see Sennecke but it might be 3-0 Knights if they score in OT

They will. Oster is terrible.

Reactions: DAChampion

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Saying it’s “possible” is not exactly going out on a limb. Obviously it’s possible, and if the Habs don’t draft him at 5, which is highly likely, no one can then say that Basu was wrong. It’s a win/win for him. Smart.

He also could be the the pick if both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone by 5.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Saying it’s “possible” is not exactly going out on a limb. Obviously it’s possible, and if the Habs don’t draft him at 5, which is highly likely, no one can then say that Basu was wrong. It’s a win/win for him. Smart.

He also could be the the pick if both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone by 5.
When he says something it’s because he has more infos. He’s not gonna say it like that if it’s a maybe.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Silayev will go in the top 4. You think Trevor Timmins and John Davidson are gonna pass on a 6'7 defenseman?
I think so too, but he might be the only D who does in which case we could see 3 forwards go among the first four picks. Could be a rough night for those with their sights set on Lindstrom.

Even if he scares me, and I do think the bust factor is very high with him, I understand the appeal of the home run swing. Really wish Sennecke was playing, his injury has really dampened his rise. He needed these games to fully establish himself in that tier worthy of the 5th pick. If Lindstrom is gone top 4, Sennecke doesn’t play again this year, and Catton is off the board due to size… what does that leave us with at forward, Iginla?

Reactions: DAChampion

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I think so too, but he might be the only D who does in which case we could see 3 forwards go among the first four picks. Could be a rough night for those with their sights set on Lindstrom.

Even if he scares me, and I do think the bust factor is very high with him, I understand the appeal of the home run swing. Really wish Sennecke was playing, his injury has really dampened his rise. He needed these games to fully establish himself in that tier worthy of the 5th pick. If Lindstrom is gone top 4, Sennecke doesn’t play again this year, and Catton is off the board due to size… what does that leave us with at forward, Iginla?
Sennecke doesn’t need to play more for that. Teams already has their idea.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
As long as it's not the Puljujarvi/Bouchard look, I'm good.
Idk what you're talking about.

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 11.55.01 PM.png

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Sennecke doesn’t need to play more for that. Teams already has their idea.
It would be like if Slaf got injured in February. Would you still be keen on signing him to a major extension? Part of what makes one sold on Slaf is that he kept it up since Christmas and is now doing it again at Worlds.

I was hoping to see Sennecke do the same through the OHL playoffs and then the Memorial Cup. If he had he’d firmly be in the top 5 discussion, probably the 3rd forward taken. Now I think he’s back behind Lindstrom for me assuming he doesn’t play again this year. It’s just tough to make such a major investment on someone with such a small sample size of great play. It’s part of the reason I’m not as sold on Lindstrom as some.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
It would be like if Slaf got injured in February. Would you still be keen on signing him to a major extension? Part of what makes one sold on Slaf is that he kept it up since Christmas and is now doing it again at Worlds.

I was hoping to see Sennecke do the same through the OHL playoffs and then the Memorial Cup. If he had he’d firmly be in the top 5 discussion, probably the 3rd forward taken. Now I think he’s back behind Lindstrom for me assuming he doesn’t play again this year. It’s just tough to make such a major investment on someone with such a small sample size of great play. It’s part of the reason I’m not as sold on Lindstrom as some.
He's been playing great since the start of the new year. People only started noticing now with the playoffs being more of a spotlight.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He's been playing great since the start of the new year. People only started noticing now with the playoffs being more of a spotlight.
I mean my point is simply him getting hurt kinda sucks for a guy who was having a late breakout. Not sure how it can be seen otherwise. I mean it sucks that both Lindstrom and Sennecke didn’t have full seasons of dominance for us to see. Would have me feeling alot better about picking 5th if they had.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I mean my point is simply him getting hurt kinda sucks for a guy who was having a late breakout. Not sure how it can be seen otherwise. I mean it sucks that both Lindstrom and Sennecke didn’t have full seasons of dominance for us to see. Would have me feeling alot better about picking 5th if they had.
That's fair. Keep in mind, Lindstrom's injury is probably the only reason keeping him out of a guaranteed #2 spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad