Votes: 55 16.2%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They locked up Jones for forever, they are stuck with him. They also seem to like Rinzel. Vlasic with Jones to cover his mistakes and Rinzel with Korchinski. It works

I still think they're going Levshunov if they aren't taking Demidov, Jones might be signed awhile but they should want a legit 1D which they don't have

I wonder if they like Sennecke over Lindstrom

Don't think so.

Reactions: Rozz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
IMO, the Habs will draft Demidov at 5 if available, or move up to draft him, if a trading partner and a reasonable price can be found. He is a unique talent, and they will take the chance that his game translates to the NHL.
That might be the case but I don’t know who will want to trade down other than the Ducks. I guess we wait to see what the Blackhawks do and that will determine what Hughes does.

Remember that Gorton built the Rangers and that team doesn’t become what they are today without Panarin. While NY can attract that type of free agent, Montreal never does, we have to draft them. Demidov might be that player.

Reactions: Anardil and Naslund

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
IMO, the Habs will draft Demidov at 5 if available, or move up to draft him, if a trading partner and a reasonable price can be found. He is a unique talent, and they will take the chance that his game translates to the NHL.

Outside of these things happening, you can take it to the bank that Iginla will be the pick. Anything else that you are hearing is misinformation, likely put out by the Habs to create a fog-like situation around their preference. The Habs don't particularly need a center; they traded for Dach and they clearly like him in the middle of the ice. They are looking for a scorer than can thrive under the pressure of the Montreal market. They are looking for character and an all-around player committed to playing a team-like game involving sacrifice, smart and physical abilities. They are looking for a player who can raise their game in the big moments. Iginla is the only player that check all these boxes IMO, especially the very important one regarding dealing with the Montreal market. I don't see maturity/smart when I hear Sennecke talks, and Lindstrom's physical gifts are clouding many people's judgment.
On what basis is Igila a check in the box for being able to handle Mtl pressure cooker?

Honest question..

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
That might be the case but I don’t know who will want to trade down other than the Ducks. I guess we wait to see what the Blackhawks do and that will determine what Hughes does.

Remember that Gorton built the Rangers and that team doesn’t become what they are today without Panarin. While NY can attract that type of free agent, Montreal never does, we have to draft them. Demidov might be that player.
I agree. I have doubts about Demidov, but you have to take that chance. In contrast, I have zero doubts about Iginla.

Reactions: Rozz and le_sean

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
On what basis is Igila a check in the box for being able to handle Mtl pressure cooker?

Honest question..
You see the intelligence when he talks. He listens, thinks and answers in a way that reminds me of Suzuki. He also seems to control his emotions really well. See the video in the locker room after they won the gold medal game, and compare his reaction to the ones of his teammates.

There is also the fact that he has been in the spotlight all his life, as the oldest son of a Canadian Hall of Famer. This has been good training for the Montreal spotlight.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Really feels like Sennecke has moved ahead of Iginla when people around the draft or Habs talk about them, doesn't it?
I personally thought the praise and interest in Iginla was overshowing everything in here. I didn't feel like it was being reflected elsewhere. Not that there was talks about Sennecke elsewhere either until Grant mentioned him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I still think they're going Levshunov if they aren't taking Demidov, Jones might be signed awhile but they should want a legit 1D which they don't have

Friedman & Marek recently mentioned that Jones might want out of Chicago. He is not enthusiastic about being part of the tank.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Bergevin with Timmins, they'll find the bust at 4th overall and clear the way for the Habs at #5.

Mark Hunter as Columbus GM would be good for us, you'd have to think Sam Dickinson would be a likely pick for them at 4th.

I was skeptical about Columbus taking Dickinson at 4 in Pronman's mock draft. Now that you mention Hunter, it makes sense. Mark loves his London Knights (e.g., him picking Marner in Toronto).​

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hence their admission of a screw-up. You use a 5th OA to draft a 2nd pair d-man?

1,000% I will always take a second pair d-man over a second line forward. That is unless you assume Michkov, the sexy pick at our position, is a first liner. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I don’t think he is.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

The Hawks aren’t exactly filled with D prospects. They drafted Bedard, Nazar, Moore high up, all similar sizes on O. I can see them going big on D in either Levshunov or Silayev.

I mean they’ll need to build a Dcore and the sooner you start, the better.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
One scout on Bob's list had him 5, 2 others top 10.
Pronman has mentioned him at 5 with Habs.
Grant obviously (hate the guy but he's got contacts)
Basu just mentioned it on his pod.
Not as high up as he used to, but he still gets some legit insides. Ditto Basu, he's talking to people in the org, not HuGo but people in the peripheral.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad