• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
seem to be
the other strength was missing out on 1st round picks. he cost habs a lot of talent

Draft power sucked when there was talent and it was weak drafts when he had draft power early on. Call it excuses or context, don't care. Galchenyuk appeared to be a good pick until he wasn't. Best in that draft was Rielly and F Forsberg. Many teams missed. 2012 and 2013 drafts were just not that deep. 2014-2016 lacked draft power and it was too much pressure on the scouting staff to find hits.

By the time Bergevin made his mistakes/oversight, it was too late. But I will say his last 1/3 was better than his middle 1/3. He was just horrible in that mid third of his tenure but he did leave us with Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Roy, Xhekaj. Assets to trade like Chiarot and Toffoli.

Glad it's in the past. I felt Bergevin as our GM was a distraction for many years. It all started with the Subban/Weber trade IMO.... but he was right in the end. Remember all the post wars with the Subban/Weber talk? It was very nasty

Reactions: Frank JT

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Draft power sucked when there was talent and it was weak drafts when he had draft power early on. Call it excuses or context, don't care. Galchenyuk appeared to be a good pick until he wasn't. Best in that draft was Rielly and F Forsberg. Many teams missed. 2012 and 2013 drafts were just not that deep. 2014-2016 lacked draft power and it was too much pressure on the scouting staff to find hits.

By the time Bergevin made his mistakes/oversight, it was too late. But I will say his last 1/3 was better than his middle 1/3. He was just horrible in that mid third of his tenure but he did leave us with Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Roy, Xhekaj. Assets to trade like Chiarot and Toffoli.

Glad it's in the past. I felt Bergevin as our GM was a distraction for many years. It all started with the Subban/Weber trade IMO.... but he was right in the end. Remember all the post wars with the Subban/Weber talk? It was very nasty
Draft power sucked in 2015?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Made sense in the Timmins era....but I'm stunned in the Bobrov one....
I believe you have the Failed Anger Management guy, soothsayer “Basus” and even Eric “How Deep Can I Get My Head Into This Cavity” Engels, all on the same page with the Habs’ prospective early pick.

These guys seem to get nuggets of truth that most others don’t, when it comes to Habs management.

• Haha
Reactions: CheldishGamibno

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Or more than likely since Timmins knows a lot of the scouts still in place in Montreal (not huge turnover) they still have some discussions or whatever.
At some point you’d think they’d stop feeding him info which only hurts the team

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Scouts are the worst traitors. They’re paid by one team for supposedly exclusive services but they’re feeding their peers and some of them are even emptying the bag for BobbyMac.

I don’t believe the Dallas scouts are talking much though otherwise other teams would have gotten aboard their late pick gravy train and foiled them.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Made sense in the Timmins era....but I'm stunned in the Bobrov one....
McCagg and HockeyProspect were the two first draft sources to laud Slaf as possible #1 and downplay Wright's prospect status. Keep in mind, what's being discussed in NHL teams scouts conversations is different than what's being discussed by journalists who happen to cover hockey that most HF posters read. McCagg (like him or not) and Mark from HP have strong contacts.

No leaks with Timmins gone. He's just having these discussions with credible hockey people. Not the Baders, Wheelers, Damicos and Cosentinos of the world.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Call me crazy but I'd consider Iggy over Demidov. Would be a tough call for me. I'm not entirely buying all the Demidov hype as a smaller type forward with skill and I'm not afraid to take Iggy over Demidov just like we did with Slav over Wright and Reinbacher over Michkov.

Iggy dominated the CHL just as much as Demidov dominated the MHL this past season. Iggy also has great U17 and U18 numbers and also passes the eye test.

This time, I'm taking the best Canadian after Celebrini. Iggy is red hot heading into this draft and is one of the youngest. It's very impressive and I just can't find any flaws.

Skating, Crossovers, Edge work: Check
Size/Weight at an early age: Check
NHL shot at an early age: Check
Play Making ability / Vision (makes players around him better): Check
Ability to play along the boards and come out with possession: Check
International resume: Check
Playoff type warrior: Check

In no way did Iginla dominate the WHL like Demidov dominated the MHL, not even close.

I like Iginla, I don't think taking him above Demidov is asinine, but to say they were equally dominant in their respective leagues is simply not true.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I guess we didn't see everything last year behind closed doors....'cause it does sure seem that everybody agreed with Reinbacher. But this year...there's just no way they all agree on the same player.

Michkov says hi.

How convenient that the video stops before showing Iginla getting the takedown and putting Catton in a headlock.

You forgot when Catton tapped to a rear-naked choke... This is not MMA. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
My current top 10 is below. Some shifting happened after watching a bit more tape last weekend. If somehow Levshunov falls to us at 5, I don't think I have a problem with us taking him there. I hope we are able to get one of the top three forwards though.

My guess is that if Levshunov is there at 5, there will be teams wanting to trade up to get him and Hughes might be able to get the forward we want (Iginla or Catton) plus another late first or early second out of it.

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Lindstrom
5. Buium
6. Dickinson
7. Catton
8. Silayev
9. Iginla
10. Sennecke

Ad

Upcoming events