• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Dumb take
Really? Seems like a pretty common take. He’s not in the top 10 on most lists. On HF Habs, he’s ranked like 3rd after Celebrini and Demidov lol. This is the same board who loved Wright and had him penciled in as the Habs 1C for the next 20 years and as a 100 point player lmao. I think you were one of them 😂

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He just doesn't have the hands to be a top 10 pick imho.
If you haven't watched him play, at least read about his strengths. He may have the 2nd best hands in this draft class (Demidov would be #1)
Does the combine affect the draft rank much ?

for exemple: Cameron Allen killed it in the combine and that did not help him going up in the ranks.
Cameron Allen's simply not a very good player. He was always big for his age and everyone else caught him.

The problem with Lindstrom is he might pull a Daze injury wise and then there's hockey iq issues so he's not the most skilled guy at that position imo (too bad he had to get injured and missed a big chunk of development and exposure). These are two main reasons I'm not too keen on drafting him any longer, like I initially wanted after if Demidov was gone. That being said I really won't mind if we do end up taking him. He's a big wildcard in this draft thoigh imo.

I'm thinking (or maybe hoping) we're going to go less questionmarks and pure skill here at forward so if not Demidov at 5 then give me Catton, who cares if he's not 6ft tall seriously.
Lindstrom does not have hockey IQ issues. This is an absolutely outrageous fabrication.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Iginla is definitely taking heat for his play style. He plays a lot like his dad, though. The Tkachuks have proven that you can play a simple game in today's NHL all the way to 100 pts. Play style shouldn't really count against a prospect, only the quality of their game. Can they do what they're good at at the NHL?

Reactions: MolleSon

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe so, but Dickinson looks damn good to me. Top pairing good.

Quite possible he’s already gone by pick 5, so my concern is moot.

But I see meh in Struble, Barron and I fear injury-prone with Guhle. Like Hutson’s trajectory and what he brings, and I’m an Arber fan. Mailloux…I have hope there. Ditto Reinbacher.

It’s not a sure-fire group. And I see no hand-wringing dilemma in (finally) having too much talent at ANY position. Haven’t seen Habs confronted with that ‘problem’ since I was in my teens.
You don’t have to be 100% convinced on the Habs defenders to see that they still are far better than the crap coming up at the forward position.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
[QUOTE="WeThreeKings, post: 195573134, member: 42509

Dickinson has proven even less. He hasn't even played a NHL game.

Right. I’m projecting, which is, what we’re all supposed to be doing when it comes to teenage players at draft time.

I want a creative offensive force as much as anyone else, but I make no apologies and won’t back pedal for liking Dickinson and what he would bring to the Habs.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

Right. I’m projecting, which is, what we’re all supposed to be doing when it comes to teenage players at draft time.

I want a creative offensive force as much as anyone else, but I make no apologies and won’t back pedal for liking Dickinson and what he would bring to the Habs.
I like Dickinson a lot too but I think we need to be more realistic about what our window will look like. The marginal gain from a guy like Dickinson vs the rest of our young defense is not the same as the gain for a Demidov/Catton/Iginla/Lindstrom/Sennecke to the rest of our forward prospects.

Our cupboard is BARE on forward. Mesar, Xhekaj, Farrell, Heineman, Kidney, Beck. These are not guys who should be playing top 6 roles if they make it.

Guhle, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Hutson, Xhekaj, Engstrom, Konyushkov is enough depth to be pretty certain you'll fill up a good top 4 during our window.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Well I’m looking forward to seeing an elite third pairing of Guhle and Mailloux trying to set up Sean Farrell and Florian Xhekaj. That should really propel the team.

Our defense, currently, sucks too. Just like the O.

If the Habs goalie isn’t among the three stars, the wrong lamp is lit 4-5 times.

The needs are many, front and back.

We are ‘all set’ ——> at not one position.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Despite the talk of Silayev + watching the Knights dummy Oshawa, i could see GMs 2-4 opting for the safer bet with Dickinson. Who played in their backyard, has the Mark Hunter connection, offers similar type of steady D with size but who's not under contract for another 3 years and overseas.

Reactions: Habs7631
Apr 28, 2010
Based on nothing but a glance at his stat line and his last name 😂
Ngl. I definitely want Tij because of his dad. Nothing wrong with that. I wanted Brady Tkachuk too at the time. His dad had a great career and Matthew looked promising. We don't have to overthink this. Heck, I even wanted to draft Filip Forsberg (instead of Galchenyuk) and he's not even related to Peter Forsberg.

I've seen most scouting reports on youtube and it's easy to want Tij. I don't think it's all hype. He will fit right in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naslund

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I love Dickinson, I've had him rated as my top D for most of the year until recently.

But I don't see him as a massive upgrade on Guhle who fits the timeline better. When you're picking top 5 and how quickly top 10 prospects make an impact these days, you have to look at what brings the overall biggest impact and improvement to your roster and I can't get an evaluation on Dickinson where he's a sure thing better than Guhle and the dimensions are practically the same.

Great player, wrong fit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don’t get me wrong, Iginla is skilled but he is not a guy i’m thinking about when we talk about pure skills.

Sennecke’s hands are magical, his backhand shot is so nice to watch he’ll beat defenders 1 on 1, drive the play and create some incredible plays.

To me, i’d take Sennecke everytime

Iggy's skill is better than Sennecke. Sennecke has great hands but so does Iggy. Iggy has everything Sennecke can do and more IMO. I see what you see in Sennecke but I'd look into Iggy a bit more bud.

Sennecke to me is like a Batherson if he reaches his ceiling. Base for Sennecke would be a more fancier version of Armia.

Iggy to me is like a Kaprisov or F Forsberg if he reaches his ceiling. My base for Iggy is a more fancier version of Newhook.

Reactions: No More Subban

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Iginla has middle-six upside.

Explain your context into this statement? Here is mine. This don't look like middle 6F to me. When you are drafting, you are looking for the player who develops and has the most gains in their D+1 and D+2. That guy to me is Iggy.

1) One of the youngest in this draft and one of of the hottest trending.

2) Great height/weight at a young age. 6'-0" and 185 lbs. Probably tops out around 6'-1" and 200+ lbs.

3) One of the best shots in this draft

4) Great skater. Cross overs and edge work are impressive.

5) Very good vision/playmaking. Aside from his shot, he makes players around him better.

6) Very good compete level along the boards. Not afraid of physical contact and comes out of scrums with the puck. Knows how to use his body leverage well.

7) No attitude issues. Great character like his father. Will fit into our core well IMO.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Again, Lindstrom has to be the pick. Even in front of Demidov. It’s gonna be a draft where team will be picking for needs before BPA. Center position is too much important and we are freaking thin at center. Either on our roster or in the pipeline. Dach is made of paper and nothing is sure with him yet. We can’t have newhook as the only option when Dach goes down again. We need something better. Suzuki needs better protection. If not, we ain’t gonna go in a playoffs race soon.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
So we just overlook Catton because he is 1 inch too short?
Might as well classify him as a little person

Explain your context into this statement? Here is mine. This don't look like middle 6F to me. When you are drafting, you are looking for the player who develops and has the most gains in their D+1 and D+2. That guy to me is Iggy.

1) One of the youngest in this draft and one of of the hottest trending.

2) Great height/weight at a young age. 6'-0" and 185 lbs. Probably tops out around 6'-1" and 200+ lbs.

3) One of the best shots in this draft

4) Great skater. Cross overs and edge work are impressive.

5) Very good vision/playmaking. Aside from his shot, he makes players around him better.

6) Very good compete level along the boards. Not afraid of physical contact and comes out of scrums with the puck. Knows how to use his body leverage well.

7) No attitude issues. Great character like his father. Will fit into our core well IMO.
Im also now #TeamTij

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again, Lindstrom has to be the pick. Even in front of Demidov. It’s gonna be a draft where team will be picking for needs before BPA. Center position is too much important and we are freaking thin at center. Either on our roster or in the pipeline. Dach is made of paper and nothing is sure with him yet. We can’t have newhook as the only option when Dach goes down again. We need something better. Suzuki needs better protection. If not, we ain’t gonna go in a playoffs race soon.

That's only assuming if you think Lindstrom is a monster center and becomes a top 2C. I think there is a size drool with Lindstrom. It may appear so but this is not a Byfied type pick bud. I don't even think Lindstrom is a center in the NHL.

BPA from 2-10? Come on man. List to Bob M. He said he has not seen this in 35 years of doing draft rankings. It's all over the map from 2-10+.

Iggy would not be a "need" pick IMO. At 5, I would consider him the BPA. He's a play making winger that has some ability to play center and his shot is elite. Great size/weight

Last edited:
Reactions: No More Subban

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad