Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: When the Red Sox win, kids eat free at the 99 Restaurant

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Back in the day, the number 2 spot in the order would be for a contact hitter that could move runners along, bunt and hit & run. Sox could have used one of those guys last night.

Duran leads off the game with a double. If Devers could simply hit a ground ball to the right side, he could move Duran to 3rd with one out. He pops up the first pitch. Next time up Duran triples with one out. Almost any kind of contact could score Duran. Devers strikes out on a pitch in the dirt. Raffy later strikes out with the bases loaded and two outs with the score tied. Duran also struck out before Devers with the bases loaded. The Braves were able to bring in a tough lefty to face both of them as they are needlessly hitting back-to-back in the order.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

There's so much going on here. :laugh:

LOL. I just did a similar thing 2 weekends ago. My 53+ men's team holds a baseball clinic every spring in a low-income neighborhood in Aurora to support their Little League. We donate gloves, bats and balls and I got the 6yr olds. Most of them have never played before. Our session consisted of:

1. Which hand to put the glove on.
2. How to hold a ball and throw properly. Throwing drills are complete chaos. Balls going everywhere.
3. How to field a ground ball that I rolled to them.
4. Pop ups that I tossed (we used rubber balls).
5. How to hold a bat and where to set your feet at home plate.
6. How to swing a bat while keeping your head still.
7. Practice session where everyone hits off the tee and everybody else plays the field (we used a basketball court) and has to throw back to me after they field the ball.

Every time a ball was hit, the kids in the field piled on top of each other, just like the video. Running the bases went exactly like the video as well. We played for 3hrs and I had a blast, but I was completely exhausted after it was done. Its one of my favorite things to do all year long. Its chaos, but you always get 3-4 kids who really take to it and are hooked. That's a special thing.

Here's a link to our team page for the event. I'm the bearded guy wearing #16. My wife took the photos this year: Войдите на Facebook

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

There's so much going on here. :laugh:

Reminds me of the time when my nephew (he's 10 now), but when he started t-ball he always took his bat with him. He would run around the base with the bat as if he was going to swing on the kids. (He never was he just had it in the swing position)

We all used to yell "Drop the bat!" And he'd remember to drop it....at the plate.

Kids at that age are hilarious

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
When is the last time the Red Sox got a start to the season that Chris Sale has given the Braves? Hmmmm

Shoved it right down our throats.
Considering how this season had gone, he'd probably be injured by now.

However, I didn't want him traded. I loved seeing him be healthy and dominant

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Duran’s outfield defense is only behind Kiermaier and Julio Rodriguez in OAA so far, that’s pretty crazy

Haven’t seen somebody improve that quickly at OF defense maybe ever (outside of Mookie but he was never bad at it to begin with like Duran was)

Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad