Value of: 3rd overall pick

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd offer Marner for it assuming he'd waive and sign an extension. Anaheim would be adding to it though.

Maybe the 3rd + Zegras for Marner as a base.
Pretty terrible for anaheim... our goal is to win cups not have players that ssee themselves as gods

Now that the lottery is complete, what are Anaheims trade options with this pick? I think there is an urgency to start getting better next season
Keep the pick... and take Levshunov

Offensive, athletic, gym rat, that plays physical.... seems like the most obvious pick for us over the rebuild.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Montreal would likely be interested if Demidov is still there, but they don't have good, young players to trade, so it would likely be Habs just trading up and Anaheim just getting more futures. More ammunition to deal for players to help, but not enough to get that high, impact player that OP seems to be looking for.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Montreal would likely be interested if Demidov is still there, but they don't have good, young players to trade, so it would likely be Habs just trading up and Anaheim just getting more futures. More ammunition to deal for players to help, but not enough to get that high, impact player that OP seems to be looking for.
Ya i mean i guess it depeneds who we like and who Chicago takes
but i think chicago takes Demidov.

So if demidov is off the boards, not sure it makes sense for Montreal to move up(unless they really like lindstrom, and think Columbus might grab him).

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'd offer Marner for it assuming he'd waive and sign an extension. Anaheim would be adding to it though.

Maybe the 3rd + Zegras for Marner as a base.
Marner+Tor 2024 1st+Tor 2026 1st for FC is closer to real value than this.

No I didn’t. That extension is very very expensive.
My favourite:

Fanbase: "This contract extension is going to be ridiculous, I don't want it on my cap sheet"
The same Fanbase: "He'll come with an extension so his value is 10 fold"

Even better is when it's in a proposal where said player isn't even eligible for an extension, such as Marner. No "with extension" trade can involve 2024 picks since players aren't eligible until July 1st

Last edited:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
More of an inevitability than a trend.

Fan of team x: proposes crap package of assets fan wants his team to dump for Zegras
Ducks fans: lol no, Zegras isn't being shopped
Fan of team x: well f*** off then, Zegras sucks anyway.
If you think Marner is a crap asset than all the power to ya. If you're lucky the 3rd OA will become 75% of the player he is.

But anyway I'm done wasting my time. I know it's popular to hate on and troll everything Leafs on the mains.

Reactions: wings95

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If you think Marner is a crap asset than all the power to ya. If you're lucky the 3rd OA will become 75% of the player he is.

But anyway I'm done wasting my time. I know it's popular to hate on and troll everything Leafs on the mains.
3rd overall picks get contracts that cost 900k a year for 3 years+4 years of RFA control. Marner will cost 11 mill for 1 singular year.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Not really sure why you wasted your time proposing a trade for a player you don't even like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad