OT: ALL OTHER SPORTS THREAD

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Dang... the last set was tough with a few crucial points, but she fought so hard and did so well during this tournament already for what she had already gone through.

A true end to a legendary female tennis era if this is her last slam. I don't think we will see someone as dominant as she ever was during an era in women's tennis.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Yep. She's goat female athlete for sure imo.

Reactions: c4rcy

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
Dang... the last set was tough with a few crucial points, but she fought so hard and did so well during this tournament already for what she had already gone through.

A true end to a legendary female tennis era if this is her last slam. I don't think we will see someone as dominant as she ever was during an era in women's tennis.
Definitely not. The women’s side of tennis is so wide open now, other than Swiatek who will never be close to as dominant as Serena, the top women’s players get upset so frequently and there are always random tournament winners. It’s a bit like that on the men’s side too with the GOAT 3 moving on, but not as bad. Hell of a career for Serena

Reactions: c4rcy

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I thought Serena had a real shot when she was up 5-2 in the 2nd set, but she let her back in it. I know she ultimately won the set, but she didn’t have anything left, especially after playing doubles yesterday. She very much still has something left in the tank, but a well-deserved retirement. I’ll sure miss her

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I thought Serena had a real shot when she was up 5-2 in the 2nd set, but she let her back in it. I know she ultimately won the set, but she didn’t have anything left, especially after playing doubles yesterday. She very much still has something left in the tank, but a well-deserved retirement. I’ll sure miss her
Agreed I felt the same way she burned out on all those long rallies she lost. No shame in that though she's damn near 41 years old going against twenty year olds.

Reactions: Mr Rogers and c4rcy

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Fight on! 3pm a whole new basically organization lol

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Usc offense lookin money.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
They better. They are getting paid. I know, its NIL money, but it is still money. And indeed at this time from what I am reading it is more than minor league baseball players are getting paid.
Yes that's college football now.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Usc offense lookin money.
They are going to have to outscore everyone, because the D-line is buttery soft and can't stop the run. They were giving up 9 yards a run to friggin Rice yesterday. I'm pleased with how the offense looks though, Lincoln Riley knows what he is doing unlike the open mouthed idiot who shall not be named.

Once they got the big lead, the D-line was able to tee-off on pass rush. But first half the front 4 on Dline was U G L Y.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
ESPN pumping Stetson Bennett the 4th's tires all day is annoying. With a name like that, you know that mf'er ancestors were slave owning assholes

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Damn Rams probably going down. Bills look great.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Chargers looking solid. What a f***ing catch there.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
MLB Angel's top prospect, C O'Hoppe, debuted last night to The Show. He went 1 for 3 on the night with a single and one strike out. O'Hoppe was a TDL acquisition this season for OF Marsh.

Also, Keith Law ranked O'Hoppe prospect of the year in his Athletic article today, Sept 29.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
ManningCast is one of the best ideas in sports. I love watching. The dry humor plus breaking down plays like no one else can is just amazing.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
ManningCast is one of the best ideas in sports. I love watching. The dry humor plus breaking down plays like no one else can is just amazing.
Peyton has such a good personality for this type of stuff…. The chemistry between the 2 brothers is great too

Reactions: Sean Garrity

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
It's like listening to two geniuses with Michael Scott humor... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad