Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Just learned that Gregor Campbell is a Panthers' AGM. Hmmmmmmmm.

Are you f***ing serious?

Oh my God, you are.

I hate Marchand with a fire of a thousand burning suns, but the NHL calling Bennett’s play on him a hockey play is laughable.

And no clue how that goalie interference goal stood up.

Well…I have a clue now. Daddy paving the way for his boy once again. At least it’s at the expense of Boston (for now…)

Jeeeeeez I didn't realize that either.

That puts some things like the absolutely bizarre non-suspensions (on multiple occasions) to Nick Cousins earlier this year into a totally different perspective.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Are you f***ing serious?

Oh my God, you are.

I hate Marchand with a fire of a thousand burning suns, but the NHL calling Bennett’s play on him a hockey play is laughable.

And no clue how that goalie interference goal stood up.

Well…I have a clue now. Daddy paving the way for his boy once again. At least it’s at the expense of Boston (for now…)
I don't know how Colin Campbell was allowed to have a job with the NHL after the release of the emails clearly showing him influencing officiating in favour of his son. Ridiculous. Unserious league.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't know how Colin Campbell was allowed to have a job with the NHL after the release of the emails clearly showing him influencing officiating in favour of his son. Ridiculous. Unserious league.

It was absolutely insane then and it remains absolutely insane now.

Literally the guy in charge of NHL officials was caught red-handed influencing referees to help his son and his son's team ... and nothing happened. And then the whole world just forgot about it.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Hockey play, LOL.

Hockey plays, according to the NHL:

-- Sucker punching a player coming to make a legal hit on you
-- Two-handing somebody after the game is over

Not a hockey play, according to the NHL:

-- Cross-checking the guy who just laid on the two-hander

I cannot believe that Canucks fans are on Marchand and the Bruin's side here, but well I understand it. What a time to be alive.

Everything is upside down, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I cannot believe that Canucks fans are on Marchand and the Bruin's side here, but well I understand it. What a time to be alive.

Everything is upside down, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA.

Marchand, Cousins, I don't cry any tears at all for guys like that. I loved it when Gudbranson pummelled Cousins. But that's not the point. Bennett sucker-punched Marchand, there isn't any question about it, yet he walks while Soucy is going to get suspended for a retaliation that wasn't any worse than what he received in the first place. It's ridiculous.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Marchand, Cousins, I don't cry any tears at all for guys like that. I loved it when Gudbranson pummelled Cousins. But that's not the point. Bennett sucker-punched Marchand, there isn't any question about it, yet he walks while Soucy is going to get suspended for a retaliation that wasn't any worse than what he received in the first place. It's ridiculous.

Agreed, it is pretty ridiculous.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Even back in the summer of 2011 if I had 100 ‘hate points’ to give out in the wake of what happened in that Finals I would have given about 3 of them to Marchand and the Bruins players and 97 of them to Colin Campbell, Brian Burke, the NHL, the DOPS, the Edmonton/Toronto media, and the people involved in the general corruption that happened in that series.

Marchand is just a rat doing rat things. These guys like Tikkanen and Claude Lemieux and Marchand have been around forever. They’re just hockey players seeing what they can get away with. Every team has them, we had them, it’s still ‘real’ hockey stuff even if it’s dirty and annoying. I didn’t really care that much then and I definitely don’t care at all now.

And 13 years later when you have weird shit happening and I hear Gregory/Colin Campbell’s names … that’s on a whole other level of anger than I’ll ever feel for Brad Marchand.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Just learned that Gregory Campbell is a Panthers' AGM. Hmmmmmmmm.
My first reaction to this was that my enjoyment of the Marchand hit has been reduced by about 50%. Tainted by the same old corruption.

Second reaction is that Gregory Campbell affiliated with your organization is worth at least 10 mil per year in on ice impact in the playoffs. Teams should be fighting each other to pay him millions

Screw sleep doctors, science and cutting edge analytics. Hire a Campbell.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
My first reaction to this was that my enjoyment of the Marchand hit has been reduced by about 50%. Tainted by the same old corruption.

Second reaction is that Gregory Campbell affiliated with your organization is worth at least 10 mil per year in on ice impact in the playoffs. Teams should be fighting each other to pay him millions

Screw sleep doctors, science and cutting edge analytics. Hire a Campbell.
So that's the reason Holland gave 5x5 to Jack Campbell

:sarcasm:

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Even back in the summer of 2011 if I had 100 ‘hate points’ to give out in the wake of what happened in that Finals I would have given about 3 of them to Marchand and the Bruins players and 97 of them to Colin Campbell, Brian Burke, the NHL, the DOPS, the Edmonton/Toronto media, and the people involved in the general corruption that happened in that series.

Marchand is just a rat doing rat things. These guys like Tikkanen and Claude Lemieux and Marchand have been around forever. They’re just hockey players seeing what they can get away with. Every team has them, we had them, it’s still ‘real’ hockey stuff even if it’s dirty and annoying. I didn’t really care that much then and I definitely don’t care at all now.

And 13 years later when you have weird shit happening and I hear Gregory/Colin Campbell’s names … that’s on a whole other level of anger than I’ll ever feel for Brad Marchand.

Totally get it. 100%.

Personally, I have an absolute burning hatred of the 2011 Bruins, which makes what I'm about to say so ironic, but I've been thinking about our current team, how its built and the vibes I'm getting off of it... and the ABSOLUTE CURSED comparison I keep coming up with is the 2011 Bruins lmao.

It's not a 1:1 match obviously, but the vibes feel similar lol.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I'm more surprised that the B's are not getting something off the ice going in their favor. But, this whole Greg Campbell thing is just nuts.

Reactions: BimJenning and Flik

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Hockey play, LOL.

Hockey plays, according to the NHL:

-- Sucker punching a player coming to make a legal hit on you
-- Two-handing somebody after the game is over

Not a hockey play, according to the NHL:

-- Cross-checking the guy who just laid on the two-hander
I don't care this is right or not, i am just glad Merchand is the victim of dirty play this time.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Just learned that Gregory Campbell is a Panthers' AGM. Hmmmmmmmm.

Holy shit. No f***ing way. This explains so much.

Hate Marchand but that sucker punch was the play that was really suspension worthy all playoffs. And then scoring the goal that should not have been a goal. Unbelievable. This league continue to prove it's a circus run by clowns.

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMM

It's actually unbelievable that they're calling that a legal play. I hope every player takes note except we all know the next time that exact same play happens, it will be a 3 game suspension.

It would have been smarter to say they didn't have the angle and leave it at that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It would have been smarter to say they didn't have the angle and leave it at that.
Can't really. Just because they let him play game 4 doesn't mean that they couldn't do something about it after getting a better angle. But, this isn't the same level as not having an angle for a goal, which really the NHL should have since they award rights to networks.
Upon the new angle, they say it's legit and fair. Just part of the play.....
Because the regular angle, it's like a nothing play. No reason to have a hearing.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Yeesh, I hope Allvin can swing a trade for Greg Campbell as a "special advisor to the assistant of the Assistant General Manager's special counsel" next year.

It's the type of move that'll put us over the top for sure!

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Yeesh, I hope Allvin can swing a trade for Greg Campbell as a "special advisor to the assistant of the Assistant General Manager's special counsel" next year.

It's the type of move that'll put us over the top for sure!
Forget Vegas and the cap circumvention, the real cheat code is paying Gregory Campbell or having McCry on your team to whine and pout to the refs and the league.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
It was absolutely insane then and it remains absolutely insane now.

Literally the guy in charge of NHL officials was caught red-handed influencing referees to help his son and his son's team ... and nothing happened. And then the whole world just forgot about it.

Tony G was on the Sekeres and Price show today (Spector invoked his name in the terrible article he wrote) and he brought up basically everything you've been talking about and more. Said it was hilarious how the NHL says its as white as snow when pretty much every other league has been exposed for corruption and/or forced to be more transparent with how it operates.

Made my blood boil and reminded me why I took so much time away from watching hockey over the last 10+ years (that and obviously Benning) compared to the ride or die 82 + playoffs I watched as a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad