Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
He may not be showing up on the scoresheet but it's his first pass or outlet or a nice short pass off the boards that sets the rush. He's being shadowed big time. All his shots have been marginal this series as he's had someone or a stick on him. Let them double him and pressure him it allows him to make great quick passes to his linemates.

Carolina and Florida sure have made things tough on him.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It's once again time.....

iu

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
This is a bad matchup for him, but if we get past them, I could see him thriving against Edmonton. Maybe not Dallas.

I'd hope for more, but he has been much better these playoffs than in the past. He's getting double-teamed and realistically will do most of his damage on the PP because that's the only place he'll get any space.

pjzabo

May 3, 2007
Must be a lot of Bread fans here cause I think he has been just awful. Scared with the puck, passing to the Panthers, no looks to nowhere, He has held on to the puck now and then to see if something developes but not routinely. Game 3 PP he passed the puck back and forth to Mika for 30 secs and did nothing. He and Mika are $20M of our roster and they blow in the playoffs.
IMG_9651.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Talisman_52

Mar 9, 2004
Agree with the last few pro Panarin posts here. Florida’s game plan is to shut him down with double and triple teams. I’ve noticed him triple teamed a few times (they actually made a triangle around him). They allow him to the blue line while angling him towards the boards. One of the extra defenders can then peel off towards the middle of the ice to defend the cross ice pass. A backwards pass would be an offside play.

He gets swallowed up by Florida’s taller players and their long reach as they pin him between the blue line and the boards. He can’t dart to the middle whithout getting the puck knocked off his stick. They read the pass/shot and get sticks on his stick to interfere with play.

I do think the focus on him is helping to free up Laf and Trocheck and luckily they are taking advantage.

Panarin just needs to make the non-sexy play of a soft dump-in for trocheck or Laf to pick up and make sure he doesn’t turn over the puck. He can then dart to the high slot. But he absolutely can’t turn it over high in the zone.

Once the D adjust to the dump in, other options might open back up. Or you can hammer the D man going back for the puck.

Reactions: Ranger Wolf

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
He is getting shadowed big time but he’s also fumbling a lot when he gets open. That is very uncharacteristic for him and he may be overthinking things due to the coverage.
He's gripping the stick. Even when he finally gets open, you still feel like you have no time when it's been like that all game/series. I've been there before playing hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad