Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
The brightest take away from this game is that 5Buyck let in only 4 goals this game!!!! Go Jets Go 🤣!!!!
But he was on pace for 6... 😳

Call up all the Moose stars, let them get some experience. Chibrikov, Lambert, Perfetti, Heinola, Capobianco. At least we'll see guys trying their best, and maybe the fresh legs can keep up with the Avs... Can't be that much worse than what we're seeing now...

omegaturk

Jan 23, 2021
Jets hire coaches that a nice it's time to hire a coach that's not nice, someone that holds players responsible and doesn't settle. No I don't mean Torts
Yeah, doesn't necessarily needs to be Torts, but someone who is willing to bench players having a bad game, even if they're considered our stars. If the next coach ends up doing the same thing with this core, I think that's very evident Chevy then is overreaching on some coaching decisions.

There is no sane reason a player having a bad game gets more minutes to players having better games.

Reactions: bustamente

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lets go Jets

Not saying you can still win the series.

But just win this one at home first.

You are not as bad as this .

Really bad defensive read by the team.
Like they are not the same team.

Props to the Avs though for showing offense is better than defense on this series…

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Lets go Jets

Not saying you can still win the series.

But just win this one at home first.

You are not as bad as this .

Really bad defensive read by the team.
Like they are not the same team.

Props to the Avs though for showing offense is better than defense on this series…
Winning game 5 at the least would ease a lot of my concern for the core moving forward.

Lot to question if the same core goes out in 4 straight yet again

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
If they don't make adjustments defending they will lose again in the same fashion which is just a waste of the season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree they may need a new style coach but unless they improve team speed they will be fodder for teams like Dal and Col. I thought it was bittersweet when they signed Scheif because despite his all world talent his no match for the Mackinnon's or McDavid's of the world so it is hard to build a team around him

The Redwings in the past won without a tonne of team speed. They won playing a brand of high IQ possesion hockey. At the end of the day the puck moves faster then any player.

I'm not saying we can be the Redwings but we target high IQ players over every other type. Perhaps it's time to invest in a coach that builds to those traits and not athletic traits.

We need more speed as well but that speed has to be able to actually play. The Avs are deadly because the players they have that can fly are the best at their position. Also if you take away Mack and Makar they aren't any faster then us, but they play incredibly fast. We need to play faster.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
This is really obvious as to why we aren't winning.

The AVS top players are far far better than ours. Plain and simple, no other explanation.

MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar probably go to the Hall of Fame one day. Our guys not so much.

The Avs top 3 remind me of Coffey, Messier and Kurri in their prime.

We look so much slower than Colorado. Doesn't matter what game plan you have when your always a step behind.

I really loved this season though. I love Lowry as the captain and Morrissey is fantastic.

I don't by the fraud talk and I don't see a 110 point team getting dismantled nor should it be. We

need a speed and youth injection. I want to see Heinola,Lambert and Perfetti all the time. We are

going to need more speed on defence. It's going to be a tough summer for sure.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Neidereiter contract looks dumb. Guy is slow.

He's a solid presence on the third line with Lowry. Fits the type of game that line should play perfectly.

The problem is that we have too many puck watchers and defensive liabilities on the team to be able to defend against a team that moves the puck as well as Colorado does. Helle is getting shelled out there every game from every angle and the Jets just end up looking like they're skating in mud. We get zero sustained offensive pressure on them outside of Lowry's line because every other line just gets hemmed in the zone and dumps it out and goes for a change. Colorado makes one pass and it's out of their zone and down the ice far too often.

Cotton Eye Joe

Oct 8, 2023
Just read all 11 pages in the thread.
No surprises. Great points all around.
I have to say that what I feared has happened.
All the talk about our great depth, solid D, etc has been proven wrong.
And all the talk about how we are not playing our game is BS.
The Avs superior speed, work ethic, depth and talent has prevented us from doing anything.
And I'm not sure if the player or coaches are the main problem. I'd say a combination. Seems like Bednar made outstanding tactical adjustment while Bones did not. Our players deserve most of the blame I'd say. At this point, they should be ready to work their butt off, battle, and read and react on their own.
My non-confidence in a number of Jets has been verified: Pionk, Stanley, Scheif, etc.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
This is really obvious as to why we aren't winning.

The AVS top players are far far better than ours. Plain and simple, no other explanation.

MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar probably go to the Hall of Fame one day. Our guys not so much.

The Avs top 3 remind me of Coffey, Messier and Kurri in their prime.

We look so much slower than Colorado. Doesn't matter what game plan you have when your always a step behind.

I really loved this season though. I love Lowry as the captain and Morrissey is fantastic.

I don't by the fraud talk and I don't see a 110 point team getting dismantled nor should it be. We

need a speed and youth injection. I want to see Heinola,Lambert and Perfetti all the time. We are

going to need more speed on defence. It's going to be a tough summer for sure.
Agreed. And we give them a ton of respect, so much time and space.

Reactions: johnnyonthspot

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He's a solid presence on the third line with Lowry. Fits the type of game that line should play perfectly.

The problem is that we have too many puck watchers and defensive liabilities on the team to be able to defend against a team that moves the puck as well as Colorado does. Helle is getting shelled out there every game from every angle and the Jets just end up looking like they're skating in mud. We get zero sustained offensive pressure on them outside of Lowry's line because every other line just gets hemmed in the zone and dumps it out and goes for a change. Colorado makes one pass and it's out of their zone and down the ice far too often.

Nothing wrong with him and Lowrybon line 3 but we could use an upgrade on Appelton for the RW slot.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's really disappointing to see the Jets just completely unravel this series. How did this group finish 4th in the NHL? It wasn't a fluke. They legitimately were a wagon for a while and then even when they weren't dominating they were good enough to win.

It would be one thing if they were playing pretty well but just getting bad bounces, but holy f*** they are playing absolute garbage hockey from the net out. Pure frustration to watch.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
It's really disappointing to see the Jets just completely unravel this series. How did this group finish 4th in the NHL? It wasn't a fluke. They legitimately were a wagon for a while and then even when they weren't dominating they were good enough to win.

It would be one thing if they were playing pretty well but just getting bad bounces, but holy f*** they are playing absolute garbage hockey from the net out. Pure frustration to watch.
This pains me to say, but it reminds me of the Ottawa Senators from the 2000's.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Since leading 7-4 in game 1 we have been outscored 18-5.

It's been mentioned but because we are Winnipeg we can't sign a truly elite or big name C for the 1st line moving 55 to 2C. And even if we somehow could 55 would sulk.

KFC-Crosby-Vilardi
X-Scheifele-Perfetti
Barron-Lowry-Neidereitter
X-Namestnikov-X

Morrissey -DeMelo
Samberg-X
Heinola-veteran stay at home guy

Helle
Brossoit-somehow convince him to come back and flat out promise him more games.

Entire new coaching staff

I wonder what a quick first round exit yet again will do for attendance next season.
Samberg is an AHL player.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021

Coach is a stiff, you can hear the frustration from the players, players won't go through a wall for a coach they trust.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Jets offended the hockey gods at the end of the All Star Break by breaking up some of winningest combinations in the NHL... that is the only thing i can think of.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Canucks pulled the goalie with 3 minutes left, down by two. Had only three shots on net in the 3rd period before then. Scored 2 in the dying minutes. Scored in OT.

We should've done something dramatic, it almost never works down 3 but just scoring one or 2 and making it interesting might have boosted morale.

Reactions: JetsUK and Orrrules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad