Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Casey Mittelstadt for Bo Byram

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I thought Kadri had lost a step in 2021. The team was great, but he was brutal for half the year - 1 goal in his final 28 games (incl. playoffs). Shows how stupid I am.

Mittelstadt's overall game reminds me of Stastny's, but his passing and vision remind me of someone else. I can't quite put my figure out who, and it's been bothering me because it's been on the tip of my tongue for weeks. That aside, I've loved the addition. You can put anyone with Mittelstadt and the line will be solid. There was a game (forget which one) he played with Duhaime and Trenin and they dominated possession.
Vision and passing? Well there was that Swedish kid…

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Mitts got plenty of PP time in Buffalo. He was 4th in PP TOI/GM, only 10 seconds behind Tage for 1st. He just didn't put up a lot of points there.

Hoping, and thinking Mitts can get to 70 points if he improves his shot, and his consistency, has nothing to do with Byram. You might have broke your own record for the quickest to obnoxious narratives on this one.
To be fair, our PP was DREADFUL last year. I wouldn't read too much into anyone's production on that unit. That being said, you dont need to force feed Mitts minutes to up his point totals. If he becomes a good PP option, then that's the cherry on top. His bread and butter is winning his matchup battles consistently and putting up a good amount of ES points while doing so. Many GMs ante the hell up for a C like Mitts because they do the nuanced things well, which is what leads to Ws.

A good two-way C who can put 60 points a year without leaning on PP time to reach those #s is a 2C in my book. No question about it.

Hopefully Nuke has not shown Mitts how to sniff coke. We don't need any more drug addicts with surprises on this team.
Id put my money on him gaming in his bedroom then out doing hardcore drugs, haha.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I thought Kadri had lost a step in 2021. The team was great, but he was brutal for half the year - 1 goal in his final 28 games (incl. playoffs). Shows how stupid I am.

Mittelstadt's overall game reminds me of Stastny's, but his passing and vision remind me of someone else. I can't quite put my figure out who, and it's been bothering me because it's been on the tip of my tongue for weeks. That aside, I've loved the addition. You can put anyone with Mittelstadt and the line will be solid. There was a game (forget which one) he played with Duhaime and Trenin and they dominated possession.
Pierre Turgeon ?

Reactions: Alienblood

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Pierre Turgeon ?

Nah not him...unless Mittens 🐈 suddenly starts using a short stick and pinballing a bunch of goals off the goalie's back.

Mittelstadt has this ability where he can do quick stickhandles to change the angle ever-so-slightly, and he's had some really sweet set ups as a result. Thinking of his comparable is going to bother me all summer, and I'm sure that when I actually do think of it I'll be way off.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
People only remember year 3 version of Kadri. Mittelstadt is way better than year 1 and 2 Kadri AINEC.
Agreed to a point. I’d say year 1 Kadri was comparable. Year 2 Kadri was a disaster. But I agree that people around here have super-short memories.

But also, yes, only Kadri in his final season in Colorado was a real play-driver. His underlying stats were not great otherwise.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What Casey could really use would be a prime Hejduk.

Someone needs to call Milan and ask if he wants Cog's contract and Nuke's stash. Just kidding, but Casey really needs a triggerman. Someone who will take the selfish shot when given a pass. Someone who can accept a pass in close traffic like Milan could. Hejduk could stickhandle around the net with the best of them and he could absolutely roof it from close in. I'm guessing Landy would work the best with him in this regards but I have to imagine Bednar is going to go 9296 the minute he gets the opportunity.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Someone needs to call Milan and ask if he wants Cog's contract and Nuke's stash. Just kidding, but Casey really needs a triggerman. Someone who will take the selfish shot when given a pass. Someone who can accept a pass in close traffic like Milan could. Hejduk could stickhandle around the net with the best of them and he could absolutely roof it from close in. I'm guessing Landy would work the best with him in this regards but I have to imagine Bednar is going to go 9296 the minute he gets the opportunity.
Even someone like a Bura (before Seattle)

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019

A motivated Rantanen would be even better.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I'd take Chris Stewart at this point. He really needs to have the opportunity to develop chemistry, he's not a Kadri where he can just be a one man show, he actually uses his linemates and wants to get them involved. Give the guy some wingers that are just his wingers for some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad