Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '22-'23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I question if they really want to call up Holloway before the Condors are out. He's a leader down there. Abby is good and we could be done soon lol. He's the only legit callup option imo

If we got hammered by injuries I would trust XB to take shifts over everyone else. He could be higher on the organizational depth chart than we realize. His stats aren't impressive but he is really smart. His 2 way game is good, he's dependable, and he can make plays in tight. That's really translatable to the NHL imo

Oilers scouts have been doing a good job. XB now does not resemble the player from his amateur scouting reports. It's not a fluke imo. I thought it was a horrible pick lol
Unfortunately, the Condors could be out as soon as today though I hope they come through. I don't think they will bring Holloway up until the Condor's are finished unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Which players from Bako would come up as playoff Black Aces when/if they get knocked outta the Calder Cup playoffs? How many are you allowed?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Meanwhile, in Abbotsford...

Bako ties the game in the third period. Got shutout in Game 1, need to win to keep the series alive. EDIT: And as soon as I posted, Abbotsford scores on the advantage. 3-2 and I tune back into the Oilers game.

Hamblin goal.

Lavoie goal.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Bakersfield has been eliminated from the Calder Cup Playoff.

Off the top, was impressed with Lavoie and Philp this season. Think Rodrigue kinda put himself back on the radar.

Bourgault a good-decent season, thought Tullio had some very productive and impressive stretches. Savoie had a campaign to forget, needs to stay healthy next season before he can think about bouncing back. In danger of losing lots of ground to Petrov.

The Bako blue line will be a topic of conversation during the off-season, needs reinforcements.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I believe that I heard that it was only Holloway and Rodrigue.
Interesting to note that right now the Devils saviour is Schmid. Taken in the 5th round of the same draft Rodrigue was taken in 2nd round.

Looks like Picard was also called up today.
Found it a bit odd when Rodrigue was called up and Pickard wasn't.

Not that I think either get playing time, but if something did happen you'd think they'd go with the vet who was the #1 in the AHL this year.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Seems like this is everyone who's coming to Edmonton.

1683133072086.png

Oddly enough, no Demers, unless he asked for a bit more time off. I would have also expected a couple of Griffth, Bourgault, Tullio, and/or Phillip to make their way up before the start of round 2.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Seems like this is everyone who's coming to Edmonton.

View attachment 702370

Oddly enough, no Demers, unless he asked for a bit more time off. I would have also expected a couple of Griffth, Bourgault, Tullio, and/or Phillip to make their way up before the start of round 2.
Kind of odd for Demers to ask for more time off. Like isn't his playing career pretty much over? His NHL career is for sure, so if there is a chance to be called up you'd have to think he'd jump all over that.

Only real reason I see guys turning it down is if they are banged up, but even then odds of you are playing are pretty slim so why not just hang out with the team

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kind of odd for Demers to ask for more time off. Like isn't his playing career pretty much over? His NHL career is for sure, so if there is a chance to be called up you'd have to think he'd jump all over that.

Only real reason I see guys turning it down is if they are banged up, but even then odds of you are playing are pretty slim so why not just hang out with the team
You'd assume they'd get a NHL paycheck too.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I don't believe they do. Players don't get their salary paid in playoffs. Not even sure if they qualify for the playoff money either.

According to the SportingNews, the teams decide who gets the money, so you might be right. If anything, they would get a very small cut.
Here is the breakdown of the playoff money and how it is distributed:

• Presidents’ Trophy winner - $500,000
  • First-round losers - $2 million ($250,000 each to eight teams)
  • Second-round losers - $2 million ($500,000 each to four teams)
  • Conference final losers - $2.5 million ($1.25 million each to two teams)
  • Stanley Cup Finalist - $2.25 million
  • Stanley Cup Champion - $3.75 million
It is up to the individual teams how they want to divvy up the dollars. Players that don't play in many playoff games may not get a full share of the money, while regulars that play in all of the organization's postseason games may all receive an equal amount.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I was thinking the other day about how hard Stauffer lobbied for Philp. It shows he knows a lot.

It's pretty nuts how Philp just waltzed into Bako to me. Even if he never makes the NHL that was an unbelievable signing.

Looking at his UofA stats, they weren't insane either. Junior stats weren't great. Whoever scouted him deserves some praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad