Injury Report: Brett Pesce

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If he's even cleared to skate (which I doubt) He'd be an idiot to come back to a sinking ship and risk reinjuring. If I were him I would hold out too.
Well he didn't practice today, so safe to say he's done for the year. Even if we win I can't see them bringing him back now

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's playoffs, the amount of gamesmanship on stuff like this from coaches is always huge. No need to tip your hand early and let the other team plan.
Rod's been playing #thelonggame with his health reports.

Reactions: Tryamw

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I don't see Pesce coming back this series. Realistically, he'd need to be at least, what, maybe 90% or more in order to not hurt the team more than TDA? He already seemed to be slowing down a bit to me, and in addition to the foot he hasn't skated for how long?

tldr: hockey just doesn't provide an opportunity for Willis Reed type moments (the old people will understand that reference).

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I don't see Pesce coming back this series. Realistically, he'd need to be at least, what, maybe 90% or more in order to not hurt the team more than TDA? He already seemed to be slowing down a bit to me, and in addition to the foot he hasn't skated for how long?

tldr: hockey just doesn't provide an opportunity for Willis Reed type moments (the old people will understand that reference).
Erik Cole broke his neck and came back for the finals.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Erik Cole broke his neck and came back for the finals.

In game 6

And 3 months later. If Canes somehow came back to win this series I could see him possibly coming back for the next one, but I'd be surprised to see him play against the Rags. I wouldn't mind being wrong as long as he improves the team. I was just saying a 75% Brett Pesce isn't going to do that (imo, of course).

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Right now the priority list is Jarvis then Guentzel.

Its rumored Brett turned down a 5x5 offer to extend, Skjei has had a couple "interesting" offers.

Brett as a UFA unsure what he will get.
Hey guys, Sens fan here.
Asking for a friend:

What are your thoughts on Chatfield?
Is he capable of playing as a Top 4 D?
Will the Canes be pushing to bring him back this off-season?

Thanks and good luck in the game tonight!

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Hey guys, Sens fan here.
Asking for a friend:

Someone will pay chatty as a botom end top 4 guy.

Difference of opinions on here whether chatty is able to step in that role

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Hey guys, Sens fan here.
Asking for a friend:

You can’t have him. Should definitely be re-signed here as he’s been a good fit and we’re having a lot of turnover on d as it is.

If he makes it to free agency, though, I’m sure someone will offer him more than us. Then up to him to decide but I wouldn’t fault him for following the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad