Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills - Week 9: Bills (5-2) @ Jaguars (1-6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It seems crazy with how tough their schedule has been already, but 6 of KC's next 8 games are against teams that are currently 5-2 or better. Them missing the playoffs is not an unrealistic result. Of course, neither is sneaking in and being the world's most dangerous #7 seed (or figuring things out and winning the AFC West, for that matter)

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
It seems crazy with how tough their schedule has been already, but 6 of KC's next 8 games are against teams that are currently 5-2 or better. Them missing the playoffs is not an unrealistic result. Of course, neither is sneaking in and being the world's most dangerous #7 seed (or figuring things out and winning the AFC West, for that matter)

10-6 would have been the 7 seed last year. With 4 losses already, there’s not a ton of wiggle room for them.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
10-6 would have been the 7 seed last year. With 4 losses already, there’s not a ton of wiggle room for them.
Yeah, I think that was a bit of an outlier though - especially at the #8 spot, with Miami being 10-6. They're the only team to finish with 10 wins and still not finish in the top 7 of the conference since the new divisions came into being in 2002. I think 10-7 will likely get you in, or at least into tiebreakers.

It's really going to come down to what they can do in the rematch against the Chargers and the two games against the Raiders - if they can play those games at 2-1 and start handing out some losses to other teams in the conference they'll be right there. I mean if they play Cincinatti in week 16 (and had improved enough that the game has playoff implications), are you really betting against them in that game? I think the AFC North and West are going to beat themselves up a bit as well (especially since they play each other once each too).

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I was surprised they cut Spain last year. Well, to be more clear- I was disappointed. He was a good guard in 2019. Once he re-signed I thought he'd be a staple on the interior of the line for the next few years. I'm not sure what went down between him and the FO, but whatever happened caused them to lose a good guard. I couldn't believe he didn't start in 2020, and the interior of the line has been mediocre to bad for the past few seasons. Hopefully Beane can fix it this offseason, because it was clear to me it needed upgrading last offseason.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I was surprised they cut Spain last year. Well, to be more clear- I was disappointed. He was a good guard in 2019. Once he re-signed I thought he'd be a staple on the interior of the line for the next few years. I'm not sure what went down between him and the FO, but whatever happened caused them to lose a good guard. I couldn't believe he didn't start in 2020, and the interior of the line has been mediocre to bad for the past few seasons. Hopefully Beane can fix it this offseason, because it was clear to me it needed upgrading last offseason.

To go off this--I think one of the Bills' biggest problems in the RZ is that teams are often dropping 8 to cover our WRs/close off potential running lanes for Allen, but are still getting pressure and/or stopping the run with just 3 d-lineman. Hope they get it fixed vs. Miami. It almost feels like they need to take shots at the end zone from the 20-25 with how poor they've been at scoring TDs once they're in close. Curious if going heavy with 2 TE sets once Knox is back and using hard play-fakes from under center might be a way to create some openings in the defense.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
After a pair of really exciting games, the Fish are going to be a total letdown this week.

Miami has regressed badly this year and we are going to beat them up for the second time. Games that are over halfway through the first quarter are boring, even if the Bills are on the winning end of it!

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Watson does know they closed down the run and tug parlor Kraft went to in Miami, right? Not sure why he is so intent on going there.

it would make them a playoff caliber team next year but the division would still be Buffalos to lose.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
After a pair of really exciting games, the Fish are going to be a total letdown this week.

Miami has regressed badly this year and we are going to beat them up for the second time. Games that are over halfway through the first quarter are boring, even if the Bills are on the winning end of it!

I don't know. Tua has been playing better. Of course the defenses he's faced have been putrid, especially the Falcons- who are a bad defense dealing with a lot of injuries in their secondary. Still, if Tua can manage the game, then the game may be a bit closer than people think it will be. He can't be throwing careless passes, though. Those turnovers will kill them.

That being said, I expect a win- Flores isn't a great coach, and the defense has regressed, though I think they're better than their stats say. I still think we win by double digits, but I have a weird feeling it'll be even closer than that, and I'm not sure why I feel that way.

Buffalo 34
Phins 20

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
The dolphins have not scored more than 28 points all season, the bills have scored less than 31, once…

yeah, this is just a terrible matchup for the fins. Short of Allen throwing more than one pick six, I just don’t see how they make it close.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah, I think that was a bit of an outlier though - especially at the #8 spot, with Miami being 10-6. They're the only team to finish with 10 wins and still not finish in the top 7 of the conference since the new divisions came into being in 2002. I think 10-7 will likely get you in, or at least into tiebreakers.

It's really going to come down to what they can do in the rematch against the Chargers and the two games against the Raiders - if they can play those games at 2-1 and start handing out some losses to other teams in the conference they'll be right there. I mean if they play Cincinatti in week 16 (and had improved enough that the game has playoff implications), are you really betting against them in that game? I think the AFC North and West are going to beat themselves up a bit as well (especially since they play each other once each too).

I don't think that 10-6 thing is true since New England in 08 the year Brady tore his ACL went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and they didn't even make the playoffs.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I don't think that 10-6 thing is true since New England in 08 the year Brady tore his ACL went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and they didn't even make the playoffs.
New England was 7th in the AFC that year. They would have made it under this year's expanded playoffs format pretty easily. The Jets were 8th that year at 9-7.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Divisional games can be weird but if they stick to their strengths this one shouldn’t be close

having said that last second win incoming like last year’s Newton fumble game

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The dolphins have not scored more than 28 points all season, the bills have scored less than 31, once…

yeah, this is just a terrible matchup for the fins. Short of Allen throwing more than one pick six, I just don’t see how they make it close.

Agreed, we'd have to beat ourselves to lose. I still get weary after a series of victories in a row against a divisional opponent because I feel like inevitably there will be some balancing out. We haven't lost to the Dolphins in three years now. Sadly for them, I think they have a lame-duck coach who got screwed over a bit, a subpar QB, and an underachieving squad around him.

Maybe next year when/if they get Watson and when/if he plays they'll get a W against us again. But not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad