Prospect Info: C/RW Matthew Savoie, 9th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft - Traded to Moose Jaw 1/4/24

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
We have a gem here him and Benson will be special talents maybe he jumps in as the 3c next year. Greenway and tych could be good wingers let Benson play with Thompson and skinneror maybe pair Benson and savoie together but I don't know if having two young guys on the line together would be the best and at the same time is Benson ready to handle top line minutes so maybe Greenway-savoie-quinn
If Savoie can jump in at 3C that would solve a huge hole in the roster but on the flip side if he doesn't succeed we will have a huge problem going into the season because then we are looking at Krebs as our 3C or Girgensons if he is resigned. Its a lot to count on.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
If Savoie can jump in at 3C that would solve a huge hole in the roster but on the flip side if he doesn't succeed we will have a huge problem going into the season because then we are looking at Krebs as our 3C or Girgensons if he is resigned. Its a lot to count on.
Maybe I'm the off-season we could target someone with some versatility who can play 3c/5 or 6 wing that could slide back to 4c

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
A look at the upcoming Moose Jaw playoff series with Brandon:

Savoie did not make any of the post-season all-star teams, though a bunch of his various linemates (Calvert, Geekie, Isogai) all made different ones.

Is this one of those horseshit political deals or something?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Moose Jaw is up 5-2 after 2 periods of play, Savoie has yet to hit the scoresheet. It's Rysavy with 2-1-3 and Firkus with a goal and an assist leading the way. (Yager doesn't have any points either.)

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I see so much Danny Briere in the way Matt plays, I really hope he's able to make the jump and all the skills translate.

Danny had skill but can Savoie play Briere's mean game around the net where he jammed hard at pucks and would even spear guys. (He was backed up by guys like Andrew Peters, I will say that.)

If he can play 75% of Brierer's game, what a pick. I still think he can be a Ric Seiling level player but we have a lot of guys like that. That edge, let's hope Savoie has it. He'll have a monster career if he does.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Danny had skill but can Savoie play Briere's mean game around the net where he jammed hard at pucks and would even spear guys. (He was backed up by guys like Andrew Peters, I will say that.)

If he can play 75% of Brierer's game, what a pick. I still think he can be a Ric Seiling level player but we have a lot of guys like that. That edge, let's hope Savoie has it. He'll have a monster career if he does.
I see a briere/point hybrid he is very good at getting to the net like briere

Reactions: The Blunder Years

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
The Sabres won't have room for all of their blue-chip forward prospects - Savoie, Ostlund, Kulich, Rosen.

Is Savoie the one to package up with a pick or two, and maybe Jokiharju, to plug some holes? Rosen would be the best, i.e. least likely to pan out, option imo, but he wouldn't fetch nearly the value of Savoie. I fear Kulich will be one-dimensional; maybe that's unfair. Ostlund is definitely the keeper in the bunch.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres won't have room for all of their blue-chip forward prospects - Savoie, Ostlund, Kulich, Rosen.

Is Savoie the one to package up with a pick or two, and maybe Jokiharju, to plug some holes? Rosen would be the best, i.e. least likely to pan out, option imo, but he wouldn't fetch nearly the value of Savoie. I fear Kulich will be one-dimensional; maybe that's unfair. Ostlund is definitely the keeper in the bunch.
Any of them are packagable imo depending on the return.

Savoie is the one I want to keep most, but not at the cost of moving the core forward and going to the playoffs. If Savoie is required to get someone like Anthony Cirelli, do it.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Any of them are packagable imo depending on the return.

Savoie is the one I want to keep most, but not at the cost of moving the core forward and going to the playoffs. If Savoie is required to get someone like Anthony Cirelli, do it.
Rosen+25 1st+joki would be in the ballpark but Joker has really been one of our best players this year seems he regained his form and playing that quiet and steady game but he has a ton of value with contract status and being a rhd who is still young

I would rather keep savoie/ostlund/kulich in that order Rosen is a decent prospect but those guys I value a tier a ahead

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Thankfully, they are years away from needing to make that decision. We can be patient with waiting to see which of them rise to the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad