Prospect Info: C/W Jiri Kulich, 28th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft; recalled 11/25/23, assigned 11/29/23

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hol' up. Christmas *lasagna*? Is that a WNY thing?

Big honor for Kulich to be named captain. Hope he crushes it in the tourney, and gets back to doing what he's already been doing in Rochester.

My ex-mother-in-law tells this story about going to her then boyfriend (my now ex-father-in-law's) parents very Italian family Christmas and being served an enormous piece of lasagna. So she eats it.

It was the first course. There was an entire turkey dinner that came out afterward.

Last edited:

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Love lasagna, of course. Just never thought of it as Christmas fare.

We had steak au poivre today, to change it up from the usual prime rib. The latter will be served on New Year's Day.

Sorry, Jiri. This is now a festive season cooking thread.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Love lasagna, of course. Just never thought of it as Christmas fare.

We had steak au poivre today, to change it up from the usual prime rib. The latter will be served on New Year's Day.

Sorry, Jiri. This is now a festive season cooking thread.

We can smell what Kulich is cooking.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Shifting back to Kulich - I don't usually have expectations on guys going into a tournament, just curious to see how they play. Kulich in this tournament, I'm expecting him to show how he's been ripping it up against men in one of the better pro men's leagues in the world when playing against his peers.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Shifting back to Kulich - I don't usually have expectations on guys going into a tournament, just curious to see how they play. Kulich in this tournament, I'm expecting him to show how he's been ripping it up against men in one of the better pro men's leagues in the world when playing against his peers.
I am gonna say anything less than averaging a goal a game would be a disappointment. Not that there is expectations from anyone thats my own target. Its a reachable target.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
There stuff is always amazing, I make time to go. If Kulich was as consistent as their mild Italian sausage, we'd be partying after every game.
Excellent tie in. As much success as he's had in the AHL, he does seem to struggle when he's not being fed with space, like me at mom's house lol. Sometimes a creator but more often a sniper and seemingly easy to shut down against some awareness. In fairness, he hasn't had to be a whole lot more as it's worked out pretty well for up to this point. Just my two bites.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
There stuff is always amazing, I make time to go. If Kulich was as consistent as their mild Italian sausage, we'd be partying after every game.
Redlinsksi holiday sausage, cheesy potato casserole, ham, and pierogi for christmas eve

we used to always do a standing rib roast every year until i did a welly once, now we make the decision usually the week before

there used to always be a tray of ziti because it was cheap and easy to make and would fill everyone up if the roast and sides weren't enough (or the years my grandma would mistake sugar and salt and we needed a backup, the ziti tray started the year my aunt burnt the turkey, literal turkey sawdust came off the bird when you sliced it), id assume lasagna would be the same thing but would allow them proud italians to family flex on who has the best

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I only had one eye on the Czech game and started just watching the PPs after a while, but to that point - how is Kulich playing 5v5? I didn't really notice him much today honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad