Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Normally my old schoolness would lead me to stand on the side of the offending party, but I can’t do it here. If 97 threw a cheap slash cheap slash him back. This is a cross check to the face. Those aren’t samesies. It doesn’t matter what you believe Soucy’s intent to be was. He extended his arms straight forward and high, he was going to catch him high in the chest at best. That’s a big time shot that can easily go wrong, and if you believe there’s no intent it clearly went wrong. What matters is the result not the intent here.

The result was a pretty nasty cross check to the chops. I like Soucy, but he deserves this. If you want to fine 97 for a slash then go ahead. The cross check to the face has to be dealt with.

Why the cross check? What doesn’t anyone just take the other hand off the stick and shove the guy anymore? The cross checks are out of hand and now Soucy has put himself in a position to be made an example of. If you think Zads should pay Soucy some cash for helping him lose some income and time then so be it….but Soucy had a lot of others options besides straight up extending hard into a cross check. If he had just grabbed 97 by the collar and punched him in the face I’d probably be fine with it.
It's the playoffs, they don't get paid haha, no loss of income.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
What about that requires protection?

Soucy didn't drill McDavid from behind into the boards when he was in a vulnerable position. He responded to McDavid slashing him. Taking disciplinary action wouldn't be protecting McDavid, it would be giving him a free pass to break the rules without consequence.

Slashing pants vs a crosscheck to the face (or throat had he not been hit by Zadorov.

Ok.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
NHL DoPS continues to be a joke.

Oh well. Juulsen draws in, it's a downgrade but he has been very good at times this season.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Hyman can't be suspended because he didn't crosscheck a star in the face.

McDavid did highstick a star in the face but he can't be penalised because he is a star.

Kane slewfooted a star twice but he can't be penalised because....reasons?

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
An utterly disgraceful decision to suspend a guy for that but not the Hyman crosscheck to the head.

This league continues to be a joke. It clearly favours certain teams and certain players. Shameful that they continue to this without any consequence.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
In a vacuum, one game is fair. In the context of the rest of these playoffs it’s laughable.

This wouldn’t have even made the highlights if it wasn’t McDavid. Parros needs to be removed.
i think it would have still been a highlight just because of the fact that it was as the game ended. definitely not in line with how the dops has been acting in the playoffs but if there's one thing you can count on from them it's inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad