Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Im gonna stay optimistic. The levee has gotta break. We hit the post 4 times ffs. We are outplaying them. I would like to see McDavid and Drai split up. I am hoping Henrique is gtg. Might need to put in Carrick as well. Might be time to sit Foegele

His name isn't Levi, it's Stuart. And he's definitely broken. RIP.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
He has 1 period and has never let a goal in haha! I. Seriousness though, I just can't see Knob trusting Campbell at all. He will look at his last playoff game in a league below the NHL and see 5 gaa and an .857 save pctg.

Maybe just maybe if he didn't shit the bed in that game they'd consider him but I'd say he will never play another game for the Oilers (barring injury) and will be bought out.
What Knob should be looking at is his playoff numbers in the NHL.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It’s weird because it’s one thing to trash talk. We all do it in our lives and with other fans.

But I’m legit concerned at how incredibly aggressive some Van trolls are. Like some vile vibes they send out into the world.

Be passionate. Be loud. But be human.

I’ve seen Colorado and knights fans say some funny things and some hot takes. But the violent rhetoric I see from some fans is legit concerning and unmatched. Wow.

They are insufferable. It’s no wonder they’d burn their city down over a sport

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
At what point does RNH get called out too? Guy has been downright invisible. He has no ES Points in the last 15 playoff games and is lucky he gets to ride the PP gravy train as the worst member of that unit. If he wasn’t making 5m a year he’d be ran out of town for his disappearance in the playoffs year after year

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
His name isn't Levi, it's Stuart. And he's definitely broken. RIP.
Skinner is Humpty Dumpty now, They cant put him back together again

At what point does RNH get called out too? Guy has been downright invisible. He has no ES Points in the last 15 playoff games and is lucky he gets to ride the PP gravy train as the worst member of that unit. If he wasn’t making 5m a year he’d be ran out of town for his disappearance in the playoffs year after year
I dont even know if he is playing. I thought he was away riding his horsey

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Maybe the Oilers should play like they have their 3rd string goalie in net and try to stop goals before they happen.
Shot on goal will go down but the Oilers haven't scored more than 3 goals in a game, the puck ended up in the net but there were a couple of own goals

The PDO parade (that I seem to recall you came here to express your skepticism about earlier in the regular season) continues.

Skinner’s save % is embarrassing, and his defenders and a lot of outsiders will claim it’s all “poor defense” but his expected goals against is atrocious and he’s given away 3 games out of 8 so far this playoffs.

Can watch any other series and see every goalie making difficult saves. Skinner is good for a softy or two each game and this is not the first playoffs it’s happened

The Cloutier comparison is more than apt

Reactions: TB12 and frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Still can’t believe there’s a whole group that tried to absolve his piss poor play….as if his line breaking even is work well done 🤦‍♂️

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The Canucks have prioritized the goaltending position for like two decades between trades or high pedigree draft picks (1st, 2nd round) to roll out Luongo, Schneider, Markstrom, Demko. Begin with quality ingredients and coaching can make technical refinements and supplement the largely mental component support reality of the position. Conversely, the Oilers have largely tried to recycle old retread goalies and try to thread finding goaltender needle in the draft haystack with a volume approach of largely mid-range draft pick wishes and hopes. I think it took 10 draft picks to sift through and finally have Skinner emerge from the primordial ooze of hockey Darwinism.

Invest better and smarter for the most important position on the ice. Especially on a team that had a largely sub-average NHL defense group for a good long run of the decade in the desert. You get what you pay for.
Excellent post

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
It’s weird because it’s one thing to trash talk. We all do it in our lives and with other fans.

But I’m legit concerned at how incredibly aggressive some Van trolls are. Like some vile vibes they send out into the world.

I’ve seen Colorado and knights fans say some funny things and some hot takes. But the violent rhetoric I see from some fans is legit concerning and unmatched. Wow.
It's the left coast of Canada, this is what you get in radical leftist societies.

If it goes any further in that direction dissenters will be burned alive in tires filled with gasoline or have their eyes gouged out and genitals hacked off and left to bleed to death on the roadside.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018

Some people don’t have meaningful passions or hobbies so they try to find fulfillment in life by living vicariously through the success of rich young men who don’t know or care about them. The Cacucks fanbase has an inordinate amount of these people which is surprising considering they live in such a vibrant city with apparently endless things to do.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

play burn their goddamn city down, win or lose

it's in their DNA

Reactions: Ibanez

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think you go back to Skinner, but on a super short 2 goal leash.
I get the idea of going straight to Pickard, but if he blows it, then the team's already sunk before game 5.

Knob also has to control his bench better. Yes, it's tempting and easy to spam the top line and pairing, but he's going to burn them out before the playoffs are halfway through.

Any word on injuries today?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It's hilarious how unabashedly biased the Vancouver beat writers/followers are.

Their hardcore fans (not many of them, but there are some) won’t like this, but I feel like it has a lot to do with the large bandwagon contingent. I recall during the peak of the fervour to get rid of Benning, there was something about ownership shutting down media dissent (taking away privileges or something). So could be related

Reactions: frag2

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Only decision for me is who is taking out Hughes for good? Perry, Carrick, Kane?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nuge, Skinner, Nurse ... time to wake up and step up.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It needs to be talked about more how much Knob is being out coached.

Not only with the X and O's of the game but all the surrounding stuff. Tochett is non-stop working the media and refs and its playing out exactly how he wants. Knob looks like he woke up from a nap and cant believe hes woken up on a NHL bench. Moment is wayyyy to big for him.

Tochett's team would be 0-3 if the Oilers had an actual goalie instead of a cardboard cutout in net which shows how much that stuff you're talking about actually matters.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge, Skinner, Nurse ... time to wake up and step up.
These are all guys who have proven they are incapable of it.

We are going to have to pray someone else on the roster can score a big goal or make a big save when it matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad