Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Huh. I go on vacation and Sabres management gets a clue.

The past roster indecisions haven't been my fault have they?

:huh:

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
If Levi has a good game tonight, does he go back to Rochester, or is Comrie the one jettisoned?

Comrie did not step up once Levi was sent down

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
If Levi has a good game tonight, does he go back to Rochester, or is Comrie the one jettisoned?

Levi still needs to go down. Comrie is beyond help, but Levi still has a high ceiling. Develop him correctly by sending him back to the AHL. Hopefully in time for tomorrow's amerks game that i bought tickets for just to see Levi :laugh:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Levi will stay up until UPL is healthy. Once UPL is healthy, Levi will be sent down again.

Comrie has decidedly NOT been an issue since Levi was sent down. He kept the Detroit game from getting out of hand and didn't have much of a prayer in Carolina given the massive egg the boys laid in front of him.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Levi will stay up until UPL is healthy. Once UPL is healthy, Levi will be sent down again.

Comrie has decidedly NOT been an issue since Levi was sent down. He kept the Detroit game from getting out of hand and didn't have much of a prayer in Carolina given the massive egg the boys laid in front of him.

Huh? The Saturday game was was trash. How is it Comrie has had a sub .900 SP in each and every game he started since returning from his injury, whereas UPL has generally been above that? Both behind the same D?

That is showing one can hack it and the other cannot

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I caught that too. WHen UPL comes back, Levi better be back in ROC.

every game we play Comrie is a guaranteed loss. We wanted Dell fired into the sun 2 years ago. Comrie makes Dell and even Blind Hutton look like all stars in comparison

Adams needs to get another goalie if we want Levi in the AHL

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
If the team plays like tonight every night then it wont really matter whos in net.

Disagree with that. Levi had to make many very nice saves. Boston outshot us by a fair margin after the first period (25-16 shots in favor of Boston after the first), and had many good scoring chances. Levi was locked in

Suspect he only needed a quick reboot in Rochester

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
You Carry 3 goalies again, until Levi can be consistent. If he can't, back down. The team has to trust the goalie to play the way they want. It is obvious who they don't trust.

Tijuana Donkey Show

Mar 14, 2023
Levi talking like his days in the AHL are over. I sure hope not. One good game shouldn't change things

Agreed. The one thing to me that screams he hasn't taken enough from his time in the AHL is that he thinks 7 days with Rochester has somehow permanently shaped his NHL game for the better.

2-3 live game reps don't make anything permanent. The kid is a fast learner, but this goes beyond that. I think 25 games in the AHL and another 5-10 games of spot duty in the NHL could rapidly accelerate his skill in the NHL.

Sometimes it feels like the kid is white knuckling it with the Sabres this season. The AHL will help him prepare and have consistent control of his game, prep, body maintenance, etc.

I get he might be the second best goalie in the system, but if Levi is going to turn into the goalie we think he will, his development needs to be protected (and accelerated) at all costs, even if that means the GM has to lie in the bed they made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad