BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Tonight's Officials :cry:

1715658587220.png
1715658601952.png

Referees Kyle Rehman (10), Steve Kozari (40)
Jon McIsaac (2)
Linespersons Steve Barton (59), Jesse Marquis (86)
NHL PRESS NOTES FOR GAME 5

Tuesday, May 14 (Amerant Bank Arena, Sunrise, FL)

Morning skate, 11 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
- Game vs. Florida Panthers, 7 p.m. (TV: ESPN | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

1715657929369.png

TONIGHT’S GAME- The Bruins visit the Panthers tonight in game 5 of their best-of-7 Round Two series ... The Panthers lead the best-of-sevenseries by three games to one.- Boston is in the post-season for the 8th straight season and 77th all-time in their history ... Their 77 post-season berths are second all-time in NHL history to MTL’s 85.- This is the 6th Round Two series for Boston since the NHL adopted the format in 2013-14 and they are 1-4 in those series ...Overall, they are playing their 35th second-round series (quarter-final series, division finals, conference semifinal, and round two series) with a 18-16 record entering this post-season ... They are 16-14 in those series which have been best-of-7 formats.- The Bruins are 0-25 when they are trailing a best-of-series by 1-3 record ... They have a 4-23 record when they are 2-3 in abest-of-7 seven-game series

BOSTON vs FLORIDA, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Panthers have played two lifetime playoff series with the Panthers holding a 2-0 series mark ... They have played 16 games with Florida holding a 11-5 edge in games and a 64-53 goals for/against margin.- The Bruins lost their first two series against the Panthers with a 4-1 series loss in the 1996 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series and a 4-3 series setback in their 2023 Round One series.- 15 current Bruins have previously faced the Panthers in a playoff series - Brandon Carlo (2023 Round One), Charlie Coyle(2023 Round One), Jake DeBrusk (2023 Round One), Derek Forbort (2023 Round One), Trent Frederic (2023 Round One),Matt Grzelcyk (2023 Round One), Jakub Lauko (2023 Round One), Hampus Lindholm (2023 Round One), Brad Marchand(2023 Round One), Pat Maroon (2021 Round One and 2022 Round Two with Tampa Bay), Charlie McAvoy (2023 Round One), David Pastrnak (2023 Round One), Jeremy Swayman (2023 Round One), Linus Ullmark (2023 Round One) and Pavel Zacha(2023 Round One).- The Bruins have played one seven-game series vs. Florida, dropping their 2023 Round One series in a game seven overtime.

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Carolina provided a nice template for winning on the road in an elimination game. Let's hope the B's were taking notes.

Forget about settling scores, and avoid all needless penalties.

Despite the over-zealous fan reaction, this isn't last year's Florida Panthers. They are limiting the post-whistle scrums, often abandon their heavy forecheck for the trap, and they aren't even dressing their two biggest pests (Cousins, Lomberg).

If the Bruins play the Panthers' game, they'll be shaking hands at night's end; and we'll have seen our last goalie hug.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hopefully it's not our last game of the season. I hope the boys show up. Show heart. And show up. Play hard. For the love of all good things, put pucks on net. It's not hard. We've seen it. Defend yourselves but get the job done. Foot on neck. As soon as your skates hit the ice, be ready. Be ready and willing. Take care of business and handle your business. Go out swinging. Or continue on by swinging, either way balance it. Get it together boys. You're out here beating yourselves with mental errors. Trust yourself. Just your teammates, and give it your all. I beg. Just give it your all. Heart. Belief. Believe.

giphy.gif

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Tonight's Officials :cry:

View attachment 870407View attachment 870408

Referees Kyle Rehman (10), Steve Kozari (40)
Jon McIsaac (2)
Linespersons Steve Barton (59), Jesse Marquis (86)
NHL PRESS NOTES FOR GAME 5

Tuesday, May 14 (Amerant Bank Arena, Sunrise, FL)

Morning skate, 11 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
- Game vs. Florida Panthers, 7 p.m. (TV: ESPN | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

View attachment 870403

TONIGHT’S GAME- The Bruins visit the Panthers tonight in game 5 of their best-of-7 Round Two series ... The Panthers lead the best-of-sevenseries by three games to one.- Boston is in the post-season for the 8th straight season and 77th all-time in their history ... Their 77 post-season berths are second all-time in NHL history to MTL’s 85.- This is the 6th Round Two series for Boston since the NHL adopted the format in 2013-14 and they are 1-4 in those series ...Overall, they are playing their 35th second-round series (quarter-final series, division finals, conference semifinal, and round two series) with a 18-16 record entering this post-season ... They are 16-14 in those series which have been best-of-7 formats.- The Bruins are 0-25 when they are trailing a best-of-series by 1-3 record ... They have a 4-23 record when they are 2-3 in abest-of-7 seven-game series

BOSTON vs FLORIDA, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Panthers have played two lifetime playoff series with the Panthers holding a 2-0 series mark ... They have played 16 games with Florida holding a 11-5 edge in games and a 64-53 goals for/against margin.- The Bruins lost their first two series against the Panthers with a 4-1 series loss in the 1996 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series and a 4-3 series setback in their 2023 Round One series.- 15 current Bruins have previously faced the Panthers in a playoff series - Brandon Carlo (2023 Round One), Charlie Coyle(2023 Round One), Jake DeBrusk (2023 Round One), Derek Forbort (2023 Round One), Trent Frederic (2023 Round One),Matt Grzelcyk (2023 Round One), Jakub Lauko (2023 Round One), Hampus Lindholm (2023 Round One), Brad Marchand(2023 Round One), Pat Maroon (2021 Round One and 2022 Round Two with Tampa Bay), Charlie McAvoy (2023 Round One), David Pastrnak (2023 Round One), Jeremy Swayman (2023 Round One), Linus Ullmark (2023 Round One) and Pavel Zacha(2023 Round One).- The Bruins have played one seven-game series vs. Florida, dropping their 2023 Round One series in a game seven overtime.

Fenway last trip to Florida for this Bruins round.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
If we get a fairly officiated game and we lose, so be it. I hope the boys can muster a decent game and compete without the BS affecting them. Swayman deserves them to play a hard game to give him a chance.

I agree, forget about settling scores, too little, too late. If the game gets beyond reach, then have at it, be sore losers, don't play with sagging shoulders, use them to inflict some pain. I would have no problem with some dirty work on Bennett.

I will cheer them to win and hope they surprise us tonight with forcing a game 6.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’ll go 4-2 bruins. They’ve been a better road team than home team for a few years now.

Interested to see the Bruins reaction now that they’ve seen all the angles of the Marchand play. See if it matters.

Reactions: HustleB

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think there’s a shot the Bruins pull this one out.

With the NHL’s officiating as atrocious as it was in Games 3 and 4, I can see some ‘makeup calls’ going the Bruins’ way tonight. Not to mention, a sixth game in the Boston market would be good for ratings.

Of course, the actual Boston Bruins need to show up and play with some huevos. That is up to them.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’d even be happy with a subtle jab that nobody sees yet somehow Tkachuk develops an upper body injury…
Do people truly understand what happened on the Bennett Marchand play?

Imagine Tatum driving the lane and Butler rabbit punches and concussed Tatum?

Butler would be gone for the series.

Who in their right minds think that is a major league team sport taken seriously?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad