GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Brind'Amour looks like a parking garage attendant who may or may not have a collection of human skulls in his apartment.
FB_IMG_1713277445753.jpg

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I think it's a must-win tonight.

1.) Yes. Everyone said this would be a close series, but when you go up 3-0 you can't allow it to go back to Raleigh. Sure, you still have Game 7 in your back pocket, but...

2.) If Carolina were to win tonight, then Game 6, then the whole mental game comes in to play, if it even doesn't after a loss tonight. You can't close them out. The Rangers have never, to my knowledge, blown a 3-0 series lead. Players might let that creep into their minds. That they can't finish this.

So get it done!

Reactions: qwertyaas

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
I think it's a must-win tonight.

1.) Yes. Everyone said this would be a close series, but when you go up 3-0 you can't allow it to go back to Raleigh. Sure, you still have Game 7 in your back pocket, but...

2.) If Carolina were to win tonight, then Game 6, then the whole mental game comes in to play, if it even doesn't after a loss tonight. You can't close them out. The Rangers have never, to my knowledge, blown a 3-0 series lead. Players might let that creep into their minds. That they can't finish this.

So get it done!
Agree. It's a must win.

You can't go up 3-0, then go back to Raleigh with a possible 3-3 outcome forcing a game 7. I mean you can, but it'll absolutely torture the fan base, and like you said, mess with the team itself on their ability to close.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Back home. Put the Candy Canes down tonight, preferably in convincing fashion.

Why not make it a Laffer, say 6-1?

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's very alarming that our powerplays went down to 4 in game 3 and 1 in game 4.

I think we have 2 powerplays in the last 5 periods.

It reeks of either "this team is up, don't give them help," or the universe brain refs avoiding 'being an influence' by burning the rulebook.

We responded fairly well and scored 3 non-PP goals in both games, but it's going to be a significant challenge playing without the powerplay.

I hope it's just the venue change and they go back to calling the games tonight, but I'm expecting our powerplays to be counted on one hand combined the remainder of the series.

This is one of the many dangers of leaning on a special teams advantage. If one team is much better at it, they'll manage it out of the game.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
I expect they close this tonight.

Must win? I understand the trepidation, but this is not a past iteration of the NYR. This team is damn good, much more business-like, and one of the best NYR teams I’ve seen at finding ways to win.

Carolina will not beat this NYR team 4 games in a row.
I feel the same way. "business-like" is a great way of saying it. Losing 4 in a row seems pretty impossible. In fact, that would tie our longest losing streak this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad