GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
This place is Macho Madness and there's still 7 hours to go.

giphy.gif

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Chytil out there for the bag skate late as Vince reports probably means two things it’s not concussion related as they most assuredly would not be bag skating a guy with concussion symptoms and his history and 2 he isn’t going to play. The day he did play Vince noted he did not join the scratches for the bag skate.

Crazy after all the time he missed and that post game interview you’d think it’d take wild horses to keep you off the ice for these games. Now he’s going to miss two big ones after finally getting in for a big win due to what an actual illness. Sucks

I think Rempe is in tonight. Even though Brodzinski took line rushes Rempe did not get bag skated. I think they use his energy to jump start the crowd

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Jimmy Vesey scored a goal last series too.

Rempe hasn't been effective in 7 games.
None of which has anything to do with what I initially said about Rempe being more effective than Brodzinski who only played a few more minutes than Rempe averages.

So what does Brodzinski bring to the table in a game where Lavy dictates the matchups?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
None of which has anything to do with what I initially said about Rempe being more effective than Brodzinski who only played a few more minutes than Rempe averages.

So what does Brodzinski bring to the table in a game where Lavy dictates the matchups?
You're writing if off as "a few more minutes."

Yeah, 6 goals is a few more than 2.

What Brodzinski brings to the table is simple: he can play. He can take a shift in every period without like a 50/50 chance he's going to the box.

That's not all Rempe's fault, but it's something the coach has to plan for.

It was extremely scary having to play that double OT game voluntarily going with 11 forwards. Any coach in his right mind would avoid that moving forward.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019

What Brodzinski brings to the table is simple: he can play. He can take a shift in every period without like a 50/50 chance he's going to the box.

It was extremely scary having to play that double OT game voluntarily going with 11 forwards. Any coach in his right mind would avoid that moving forward.

I’m not writing anything off. 2 extra minutes of ice time spread out over 60+ is a far cry different than 4 more goals. What an awful false equivalence lol. The rest is just your opinion which I don’t value at all if we’re being honest.

Oh, and Rempe hasn’t been ineffective his last 7 games. Not an opinion, it’s a fact for the reasons I’ve already explained to you.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Don't mention Trouba being on the ice for goals. It hasn't gone well.

Two years ago today we beat Pittsburgh 5-3. We were down 2-0. Came back to take a 3-2 lead in the 2nd only for a blunder by Trouba to allow PIT to tie the game up. Fortunately we survived, pushed a Game 7, and we know what happened there.

Trouba has some making up to do. LOL!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m not writing anything off. 2 extra minutes of ice time spread out over 60+ is a far cry different than 4 more goals. What an awful false equivalence lol. The rest is just your opinion which I don’t value at all if we’re being honest.

Oh, and Rempe hasn’t been ineffective his last 7 games. Not an opinion, it’s a fact for the reasons I’ve already explained to you.
So my opinions don't have value and your opinions are facts. That's good to know.

Reactions: noncents and Kords

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY

Carolina went to 9 forwards... are you even paying attention?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
All the Rempe talk is over the top. If we win and play Florida, I think it’s a different conversation about wanting him in the lineup.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All the Rempe talk is over the top. If we win and play Florida, I think it’s a different conversation about wanting him in the lineup.
I think the conversation would be valid now if he played.

You can disagree with Lavi but he's made it pretty clear that Rempe isn't going to play.

Wanting a guy in the lineup to literally sit on the bench and not play is so bizarre to me.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Carolina's tired.

It's game 10 of their postseason tonight and they're already cooked. By the third period we're just going right past them.

They play every single game, all regular season long, like it's Kings vs Ducks in 2014.

If we win, that'll be one of the reasons why.

It's important to have energy.

I always scoff at the "short series" thing because like, yeah, we should have won some more games, scintillating advice. Meanwhile, having 18 skaters is something you have complete control over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad