GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
HFDoc!

I’m like 99% sure he isn’t serious though.
Hey, I sent my bribe, er, check, in the mail for my HFDoc medical license renewal. Did you get it?

What a difference from when GG benched Kakko in the playoffs and there was no explanation regarding the decision to scratch him.

Kakko just walked in and saw the lineup without him in it.
I don't know why this is funnier than it should be.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Rangers win 6 straight, take Rempe out, Chytil does fine but is made of wet toilet paper, then Brodzinski comes in and they lose.

"But trust in 3rd period Yada yada..." Brodzinski played 8:49. He can't be trusted either. At least Rempe brings another element that nobody else on the roster and organization provides.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
My read on Fil's situation is that him getting sick the day after the game scared Drury and Lav #$%^less. That's why they said they weren't sure it was concussion related and why he was a game time decision in game 4. Those two statements are in conflict with one another. Now that we are 3 days or so past the sick symptoms, they probably have eliminated concussion residue as the problem or he wouldn't have been skating with the team. They think they dodged a bullet. Hate to say it, I don't think they will take another chance with him for awhile.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
My read on Fil's situation is that him getting sick the day after the game scared Drury and Lav #$%^less. That's why they said they weren't sure it was concussion related and why he was a game time decision in game 4. Those two statements are in conflict with one another. Now that we are 3 days or so past the sick symptoms, they probably have eliminated concussion residue as the problem or he wouldn't have been skating with the team. They think they dodged a bullet. Hate to say it, I don't think they will take another chance with him for awhile.
I think the kid's situation is that he's immensely talented but extremely fragile and he's not going to have much of a career. Just the sad hard reality.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
That's a stretch to say. If it was genuinely JUST an illness and nothing concussion related, then there's no reason for him not to play when he's ready.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
That's a stretch to say. If it was genuinely JUST an illness and nothing concussion related, then there's no reason for him not to play when he's ready.
Can't see him on the ice with a regular jersey if there was any possibility that what's bothering him was concussion related.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Can't see him on the ice with a regular jersey if there was any possibility that what's bothering him was concussion related.
Exactly. From what we're hearing, it wasn't concussion related, but genuinely just an illness.

If it was concussion related, then yeah, I'd agree that we would have seen the last of him this postseason at least.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
He's so good he played 8 minutes. Come on. There's no rationale that makes this a good decision.
My best argument for playing Brodzinski is he is a reasonably safe player providing redundancy in a series that is on the verge of being wrapped up. e.g. we shouldn't need to worry about Rempe grinding Carolina to dust because this should hopefully be the last game in the series anyway so you don't have the advantage of compounding effects causing wear and tear, and you want to avoid the chaos that Rempe penalties may introduce.

My best argument against playing Brodzinski is that his minutes are undifferentiated. That is, are we really better off having him play eight minutes vs having our eight best forwards each play an extra thirty seconds and keeping Rempe around as an option in case we need him to do something drastically different.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Hold on a second.

Chytil was skating this morning with no restrictions. Yes Brodz took the 4th shifts. But Chytil was out there and then Laviolette did not definitively say he wouldn't or couldn't play. He just did not give an answer either way, said GTD for lineups (per usual).

So how do we now know that he's definitely not playing? I haven't seen anything on Twitter to that effect other than Vince's somewhat presumptive tweet.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad