GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Hold on a second.

Chytil was skating this morning with no restrictions. Yes Brodz took the 4th shifts. But Chytil was out there and then Laviolette did not definitively say he wouldn't or couldn't play. He just did not give an answer.

So how do we now know that he's definitely not playing? I haven't seen anything on Twitter to that effect other than Vince's somewhat presumptive tweet.....?
He did a bag skate.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Hold on a second.

Chytil was skating this morning with no restrictions. Yes Brodz took the 4th shifts. But Chytil was out there and then Laviolette did not definitively say he wouldn't or couldn't play. He just did not give an answer either way, said GTD for lineups (per usual).

So how do we now know that he's definitely not playing? I haven't seen anything on Twitter to that effect other than Vince's somewhat presumptive tweet.....?
Unlike game 3, Fil stayed on with the extras

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Two years ago today we beat Pittsburgh 5-3. We were down 2-0. Came back to take a 3-2 lead in the 2nd only for a blunder by Trouba to allow PIT to tie the game up. Fortunately we survived, pushed a Game 7, and we know what happened there.

Trouba has some making up to do. LOL!
Lindgren also put a goal past Igor. Unless it was the regular season that year, can't remember. So both him and Trouba have a lot of making up to do for blowing the last game.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I felt that after Lafs goal in game 4, not only did the crowd die, but also the Canes legs. They were ripe for picking until Lindgren took that penalty.

Keep it tight, keep it close, or open up a lead... Scoring 3 tonight will get you a win or a shot in OT. Scoring 4 will win the series.

It would behoove the Rangers to score first tonight
I dunno. I thought the Canes carried the play after Laffy's goal.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
In this season’s Rangers playoff, Matt Rempe with limited minutes has scored a goal, disabled two Washington Capitals, stood in front of the opposing goalie, made the other team’s defensemen rush their play, gets Carolina’s players to shift the attention from their game plan, allowed his teammates to play bigger and the Rangers are 6-0.
Matt Rempe is a disruptive force.

If healthy, Chytl is an excellent hockey player and should always play instead of Rempe but Jonny Brodzindki adds nothing to the lineup and it could be argued he is a detriment to the team achieving success.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
I wanted Rempe for the fire he adds. I can see how it could be the riskier choice but whatever. Either way we win tonight.

Elvis P

Chips from the chocolate fireball
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1715630269638.png

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Just like the Rangers need to do planning, so do we. Get your beers on ice guys. Go to the store, get your snacks.

Reactions: AirGut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad