Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I like taking a swing on some high skill here

(double post, feel free to delete this one)

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Liked Lucius more, and we should have been able to trade down and get him. But, I think this could be an alright pick. He needs to get some meat on the bones. Reminds me of Berggren from Detroit a few years ago now.

Reactions: rams

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The SHL is a weird place for prospects. Kid got no ice time this year like any young player in the league. I’m really curious what the plan is here. I would imagine let him play in Sweden next year then reevaluate if he’s ready to get time on the Amerks.

At his size, I can't imagine they let him anywhere near the AHL. Definitely needs to pack on some muscle.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
At his size, I can't imagine they let him anywhere near the AHL. Definitely needs to pack on some muscle.
Absolutely, he’s a beanpole. I think it’s safe to say he could probably get the weight he needs in the next 2 years. I saw a lot of remarks on him being a Pettersson lite type player. It makes sense at that weight and with that skill set to make the comparison.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
The SHL is a weird place for prospects. Kid got no ice time this year like any young player in the league. I’m really curious what the plan is here. I would imagine let him play in Sweden next year then reevaluate if he’s ready to get time on the Amerks.
It looks like he's under contract in Sweden for the next two years.

Reactions: Chainshot

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Man, I am torn. I watched with my dad and a friend of mine and they were laughing at his weight...which is a concern. Also he's not been the most productive of players at some levels.

But I kept coming back to the fact that he has insanely fast processing speed while figuring out plays and that's something you just can't teach. I get the Arvidsson comparisons and if that's what he becomes, I'm a-ok with that, but I honestly think he could be more of a force under the right coaching. I can't think of a great comparison even after watching his videos but mentally he has some instincts that jump out. Briere is not the same type of player, but the processing and quick decisions are similar. Either way, I'm all for this pick rather than a middling two-way guy. May as well go for bust while we can.

But please get the guy a normal haircut. He looks like the hidden 4th son from Home Improvement.

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Rosen is listed at 5’11” 161lbs. When Jeff Skinner was drafted he was 5’10” 187lbs. Now, Skinner is 5’11” 195lbs. Elias Pettersson is 6’2” 176lbs.

Of course, every kid develops differently, but in 2 years I can see him at 6’0” 175lbs.

Adams had recently said that you draft based on future projections. Rosen already skates and shoots well, but adding size and strength can only help him. He will need it to survive in the men’s leagues.

I wish him the best.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Would’ve preferred Lucius or one of the goalies but hey if you told me we’d get this guy for Risto I would’ve been ecstatic so I’ll take it

Reactions: rams

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
2 full years in Sweden and then 1 full year in the AHL. This is the way. And Quinn will get a full year in the AHL this season. We aren't going to rush these kids, we shouldn't be rushing these kids, do Rosen right and he won't turn out like Risto.

goach

Jun 30, 2013
Like this pick! Very high upside. Hoping the extra muscle doesn't deter from his quickness. May be a gem...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad