Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Lots of semi interested observers here missing the news that a flu like illness has been running through the locker room. Probably explains Kreider missing practice on Wednesday and may also account for Miller and Lindgren being absent today. Could also explain Chytil’s absence. Auston Matthews had the same type of issue during the Leafs playoffs. It’s not hard to get real sick.

Fox is a different matter. He clearly has a knee injury and if this was the regular season, I doubt he would be playing. That scares the hell out of me. The Rangers need 80-90% out of Fox, especially on the power play. Florida draws a lot of penalties. That may be where the season turns.

Days off should really help the team get healthy. Let’s see who is practicing on Tuesday.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lots of semi interested observers here missing the news that a flu like illness has been running through the locker room. Probably explains Kreider missing practice on Wednesday and may also account for Miller and Lindgren being absent today. Could also explain Chytil’s absence. Auston Matthews had the same type of issue during the Leafs playoffs. It’s not hard to get real sick.

Fox is a different matter. He clearly has a knee injury and if this was the regular season, I doubt he would be playing. That scares the hell out of me. The Rangers need 80-90% out of Fox, especially on the power play. Florida draws a lot of penalties. That may be where the season turns.

Days off should really help the team get healthy. Let’s see who is practicing on Tuesday.
This, if we do get past FLA, we need Adam Fox to be Adam Fox.
He’s a gamer, and he obviously will never say he can’t/wont go, but in a cup final, especially against Dallas we need Fox to be himself……
It’s not a coincidence that the more his knee hurt as the series went on with Carolina, Our PP suffered……
They absolutely noticed Fox was having problems with his lateral movement/movement in general, and took advantage and started rushing the point more. Our PP went right to shit, first unit looked discombobulated….
They also stepped up the aggression on our zone entries

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
We've been discussing it in places...to me the fact that Chytil is talking the way he is and the way the Rangers are approaching it indicates it really was just a poorly timed illness. I just hope that Lavy doesn't decide to "stick with what we got" and not play Chytil even if he's healthy. He's by far the best player not in the top six at the moment...if he's healthy get him in there.
Yeah, it sucks pretty bad. Jensen taking out his knee in the 1st round was some bullshit and that "hit" still makes me mad. That's the shit that should be a major and suspension but I'm putting on my homer glasses. As I recall, Jensen was tied up with another Rangers and tried to lean out to "get a piece" of Fox and clipped his knee. That's just bullshit. 2 minutes only and now Fox is hobbled for the rest of the playoffs. At least they scored on that powerplay and Wilson lost his shit.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I recall seeing Fox in a knee brace before the playoffs started.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This, if we do get past FLA, we need Adam Fox to be Adam Fox.
He’s a gamer, and he obviously will never say he can’t/wont go, but in a cup final, especially against Dallas we need Fox to be himself……
It’s not a coincidence that the more his knee hurt as the series went on with Carolina, Our PP suffered……
They absolutely noticed Fox was having problems with his lateral movement/movement in general, and took advantage and started rushing the point more. Our PP went right to shit, first unit looked discombobulated….
They also stepped up the aggression on our zone entries
Going to be tough to get past FL without getting Fox at 80% or better. Really hoping the extra couple days off helps him.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Yeah, it sucks pretty bad. Jensen taking out his knee in the 1st round was some bullshit and that "hit" still makes me mad. That's the shit that should be a major and suspension but I'm putting on my homer glasses. As I recall, Jensen was tied up with another Rangers and tried to lean out to "get a piece" of Fox and clipped his knee. That's just bullshit. 2 minutes only and now Fox is hobbled for the rest of the playoffs. At least they scored on that powerplay and Wilson lost his shit.

Knees like that always bother me. The rules allow for major, match, and suspension on kneeing. But it gets murky on intent, especially in bang-bang plays, and typically defaults to a minor. It sucks cuz the recipient can end screwed and the person who got the minor pretty much got a complete free pass on a hit that might've taken someone out for a while.

Just feels weird that kneeing and delay of game are the same base 2 minutes.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
We are not going far without a 3rd line that can produce. Florida’s 3rd line with Lundell has been very productive in the playoffs.

I would like to see:
Kakko - Wennberg - Chytil
Wheeler - Goodrow - Cuylle

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
We are not going far without a 3rd line that can produce. Florida’s 3rd line with Lundell has been very productive in the playoffs.

I would like to see:
I mean....we've gone far already.

I'd be fine with those lines, but Lavy isn't removing Vesey.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I would like to see:
Why are you moving Kakko and Cuylle to their offwings? And Wheeler doesn't replace what Vesey brings.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Chytil will be a huge boost for this team if he can stay in the lineup for the duration of this series and hopefully beyond.

His presence completely changes the complexion of that 3rd line and the bottom six as a whole because hes an offensive threat that can create something out of nothing on his own.

I know a lot of people are down on Wennberg and his lack of offense, but don't forget he's played with some more offensive wingers in the past with Seattle and has produced more than what we've seen thus far. His play away from the puck and board work will help both Kakko and Chytil do their thing.

Regardless, really hoping Chytil sticks. Lets say he does - Since this is kinda like the start of the season for him, how has he performed out of the gate?

First 10 games of the season:

23-24: 0G, 6A, E
22-23: 4G, 3A, +5
21-22: 1G, 0A, -2
20-21: 3G, 3A, +3

With the exception of 21-22 he gets off to a solid start.

Reactions: Zynbanejad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad