Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Sep 19, 2008
I heard about that Fallout 4 update that killed save games and limited mods. I was surprised that many people said the original unmodded Fallout 4 was that bad, but I have not played it before.

I noticed Like a Dragon Ishin was on sale for 20 dollars on steam so I caved and purchased. The other game with Ichiban is on sale too but that one is 40 dollars and I'm not willing to spend that much yet. That said if you ever do splurge on games you can't go wrong with Ryu studio

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Fallout 4 revisionism I've been seeing on social media lately is pretty funny. Gotta wonder if Starfield will receive the same treatment once ES6 is out.
I think it got a little too much shit from the hardcores in that I found my first playthrough to be a ton of fun. The problem is the places where they drop the ball really hurt relatability. That said, I'm playing it on my Steam Deck 8 years later and having a decent time.

But hey, maybe in comparison to Starfield people are seeing it a grander light. The world does feel a lot more fleshed out being an established and popular IP.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I heard about that Fallout 4 update that killed save games and limited mods. I was surprised that many people said the original unmodded Fallout 4 was that bad, but I have not played it before.

I noticed Like a Dragon Ishin was on sale for 20 dollars on steam so I caved and purchased. The other game with Ichiban is on sale too but that one is 40 dollars and I'm not willing to spend that much yet. That said if you ever do splurge on games you can't go wrong with Ryu studio

It really wasn't that bad. I thought fallout 3 was bad, but I had a lot of fun exploring 4. Ive started replaying just to explore the map and make bases. Hopefully, they fix the modding issues though Im not holding my breath.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It really wasn't that bad. I thought fallout 3 was bad, but I had a lot of fun exploring 4. Ive started replaying just to explore the map and make bases. Hopefully, they fix the modding issues though Im not holding my breath.
I can see where the complaints come from. There's less player agency in conversations as Fallout 4 was made to play out more like The Witcher 3 with animated and fully voiced character lines and Fallout 4's story is objectively not that strong overall. But it's not that bad either.

I think where it counts, Fallout 4 has a better designed open world and action/adventure/survival gameplay than its predecessors. And after giving it a fairer shake, I'd say Fallout 76 is a bigger improvement in that regard, at least in its current state.

But people saying Fallout 4 is *bad* are just being contrarians who preferred the storytelling and role playing of the older games. But just because those elements were diluted in 4, that doesn't mean it's a bad game overall.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’m having a shocking amount of fun playing unmodded Fallout 4. Maybe I just feel nostalgia for 2015 or something

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
Just realized I had Game Pass Core. It seems it replaced my Xbox Live Gold subscription.

I started Gears 5. I never played a Gears of War game and I don't know how I feel about it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Steel Hunters is in closed Alpha right now. Its kind of mid ngl. Im having some fun with it, only problem is I cant finish a single match without it crashing.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I beat the first world in Remnant 2, and really liked it. However, just a little confused on what I'm supposed to do next. Do I re-roll the campaign and start over or just keep going? I'm in Labyrinth now. If I reroll, do I lose everything and my save?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm about to start another playthrough of Star Ocean 2:R. Such an incredibly epic game and with the latest difficulty, weapons, and secret battles update, time to break it out again.
I just finished Ghost of Tsushima (fantastic game btw) and was wondering what to do until Shadow of the Eerdtree releases. Pretty sure I bought this game and never played it. Sounds like that's my plan going forward!

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Started playing Shotgun King which is a roguelike Chess game where you only have a king with a shotgun. I haven't played Chess in years and this game makes me feel like an absolute idiot but it's still fun!

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
been playing Fallout 4 for a while to give the next gen upgrade a shot, it looks and runs a smidge better, but not sure if I'll finish it off, have quite a few newer acquisitions waiting in the backlog that are calling to me

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
been playing Fallout 4 for a while to give the next gen upgrade a shot, it looks and runs a smidge better, but not sure if I'll finish it off, have quite a few newer acquisitions waiting in the backlog that are calling to me
I, too, have been playing it and am eager to move on after finishing the main game and Far Harbor DLC. I'm on the Nuka-World DLC now and pretty bored by it because it's been nothing but "clear this area" and "kill this single person" quests. I can tell that it was the last major DLC because it feels designed to take a while to make up for no more content coming after it.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I, too, have been playing it and am eager to move on after finishing the main game and Far Harbor DLC. I'm on the Nuka-World DLC now and pretty bored by it because it's been nothing but "clear this area" and "kill this single person" quests. I can tell that it was the last major DLC because it feels designed to take a while to make up for no more content coming after it.
I never finished the Nuka World DLC on previous playthroughs as it glitched and the blood/smoke effects turned into like blocky messes like from minecraft, and the first go round I just had fallout 4 fatigue much like you described, I want to finish it and there have been a few new things added or just things that I missed that were decent, but the underlying main quest tree was lacking for me, I really never cared about any of them like I did in FO3 or NV

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I never finished the Nuka World DLC on previous playthroughs as it glitched and the blood/smoke effects turned into like blocky messes like from minecraft, and the first go round I just had fallout 4 fatigue much like you described, I want to finish it and there have been a few new things added or just things that I missed that were decent, but the underlying main quest tree was lacking for me, I really never cared about any of them like I did in FO3 or NV
Yeah, I was underwhelmed by the main quest, as well. When I finally found Shaun, I shot him in the face because I was getting tired of the story and never wanted a son in the first place.

I've given Starfield some flak, but I did put in almost 100 hours into that before getting tired of it. With Fallout 4, it took about half that time. That said, I'm not sure if it's because I played Starfield only 9 months ago. If I had played them in the opposite order, perhaps I would've been a little more into FO4 and fatigued by Starfield sooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad