How do Kings earn back your money?

Who needs to go to earn back your money?

• Total voters

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
It starts with firing Luc and Blake, then goes to who their replacements are. If it's Bergevin...nope

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
The scouts are the least of the problem so they get a pass. They drafted some good players, then our "management" f***ed it all up.

Everyone else can get f***ed sideways with a chainsaw.
I'd say at least the pro scouts are a part of the problem if they thought Dubois was going to be the answer.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Carrlyn Bathe might be a terrific person, but in my opinion she committed an unacceptable action this year and should be removed from the game broadcasts. Reprimanding fans for sharing appropriate grievances in the media provided for just that purpose showed terrible judgement.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Carrlyn Bathe might be a terrific person, but in my opinion she committed an unacceptable action this year and should be removed from the game broadcasts. Reprimanding fans for sharing appropriate grievances in the media provided for just that purpose showed terrible judgement.
I have mixed feelings. I think there are plenty of people who have lost jobs over much more serious issues on social media, which I think is legitimate.

Being a Human Being and emotional as a fan shouldn't be a disqualifier. I don't like what she said. And I don't mind her getting some negative feedback about those comments. Hopefully it's just a learning experience to respect the differing points of views from passionate fans.

My biggest issue is when you throw gasoline on a fire then complain when it gets too hot. Though I'm not sure to what extent she's getting mean comments. If it's anything beyond her comments on Twitter where it's getting personal, then that's a line fans shouldn't be crossing.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Yea her doing that during that spiral of losing was just an embarrassing look for the team.
It just makes the whole organization look like a shit show and very unprofessional.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
f*** her. Not that i would either. One more person in the organization that doesnt know shit about hockey and was some kinda vauge nepotisim hire. Ive never liked her- shegives off this weird bride of Frankenstein vibe

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Yup. Them and others acting like it's a one way street from their soapbox was hopefully a revealing moment to her. You can't as a team employee just mouth off on twitter then go all surprised and slack jawed when you get blowback.

She's just symbolic of the "f*** you fans" attitude surrounding the org if I don't truly believe she holds it like many others do.

It's hard to say how the Kings could earn back my money when a lot of the problems are less product-based and more attitude and philosophy based. I believed Lombardi cared a lot about the team and the fans. I believed Taylor did too, he made some bonkers moves that pissed me off but I never felt talked down to and they always tried to put a product at least full of heart on the ice. Right now, the gutless performances and country club holier-than-thou attitude are emanting from the top down, it would take quite the purge and turnaround to get me positive about this organization again. And for those who have known me for a long time--they should know that's quite the 180 for me. It's been a long time since i've been called a homer/eternal optimist. This is the first front office in my 31 years following the Kings that's made me completely dislike them and the game. I have said before I lost interest a bit in the early 2000s too, but that was product based, not active dislike.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
20 consecutive seasons of playoffs with multiple Finals appearances and a few Cup victories sprinkled in. Y'know, like the Red Wings 1990-2010. Real Simple.

That's all I ask

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
the public execution of the entire organization
The best that I could get AI to do. (It's not east to get it to anything remotely close to anything violent)
The closest thing it would do to the gallows is the weird voodoo thing below . I was close to pulling off a firing squad and it would only have Blake and Robitaille holding the rifles.

Facebook_creation_427541143247085.jpeg

Facebook_creation_357276840150782.jpeg

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I have mixed feelings. I think there are plenty of people who have lost jobs over much more serious issues on social media, which I think is legitimate.

Being a Human Being and emotional as a fan shouldn't be a disqualifier. I don't like what she said. And I don't mind her getting some negative feedback about those comments. Hopefully it's just a learning experience to respect the differing points of views from passionate fans.

My biggest issue is when you throw gasoline on a fire then complain when it gets too hot. Though I'm not sure to what extent she's getting mean comments. If it's anything beyond her comments on Twitter where it's getting personal, then that's a line fans shouldn't be crossing.
I don't think she should lose her job, just remove her from the broadcasts. Every time I see or hear Bathe now I just grit my teeth. It's not a difficult or even necessary role, but breaching the public trust by blaming them for voicing their disapproval of a clearly broken product EXACTLY where it is supposed to be voiced is crossing a line.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
after this presser, they aren't seeing a dime til luc and blake are out

somehow they've almost made me feel like hiller is in the clear because they've made it so obvious that they're pulling the strings from above him
Yup, came to post pretty much this.
FFS, good ol' boys network is alive and well. Still holding out hope that 11&8 will carry the team to victory. I'm fully expecting a 3 year extension to DD on top of his remaining years, just to F with me further. I feel like Lewis Black when talking about the Kings.

Reactions: chris kontos

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Agreed

Although, she should have been fired for that awful haircut

before
1715032289355.png

After

1715032328045.png

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't think she should lose her job, just remove her from the broadcasts. Every time I see or hear Bathe now I just grit my teeth. It's not a difficult or even necessary role, but breaching the public trust by blaming them for voicing their disapproval of a clearly broken product EXACTLY where it is supposed to be voiced is crossing a line.
I think it's still a learning experience and salvageable. People have stayed on the broadcasts for saying dumber things.

And the more I read, the more it feels like there's poison higher up that could be affecting general attitudes.

Reactions: David Lunch

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm sure I'll probably regret wading into this but what exactly did Carrlyn say or do that pissed you all off so much?
It stems back to when she chastised fans for being negative amidst their losing streak and saying "let them cook." After Drew Doughty just tweeted out "ha". Or something like that.

I'm sure someone else has the tweet or screenshot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad