Player Discussion Jordan Greenway, LW, Acquired via trade from Minnesota

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
We saw some positive things from him in a limited viewing:

Excellent stick defensively
Drove the net and established net-front presence

I imagine a full season under Donnie could yield career highs for JG.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
If he improves his conditioning he will take off

If he some how improves his speed as well, look out

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If he improves his conditioning he will take off

If he some how improves his speed as well, look out
Hopefully he is healthy entering the off season and he won't have to spend the summer rehabbing after surgery.

He is far from the first player to have conditioning issues after a summer having to rehab. And when you are a big guy that wants to play a physical game, a shoulder surgery can have a lingering negative effect on a player for a while.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Color me as unimpressed with him. Really concerning how bad he was along the boards and how little he used his strength in defensive end. He gets paid too much to be a tall traffic cone out there. He reminds me of what people painted Thompson as.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I knew this guy would end up playing for Buffalo. I hope next season he will be even better and avoid injuries.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
This was a really good deep dive on Greenway. Fairburn continues to be one of the best reporters at The Athletic and one of the few who makes the subscription worth it.
Only reason I still have it

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Only reason I still have it
The only reason I still have it is that when I tried to cancel my subscription last year, they offered me a year at $19.95. Just checked and the annual fee due in June is back up to $79.95. So, I'm going to cancel again to see what happens.

I do appreciate Fairburn and some of the other writers, it's just that I now have so much information coming my way, I don't have time to get to it all.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
When he first got here, with every interview you can hear it in his voice and see it in his body language that he lacked confidence in himself. Only 2 games into this season but man what a turn around!

Greenway clearly needed to get healthy, have a full offseason and a fresh start somewhere like Buffalo. Going from chipping pucks in and bumping bodies in Minnie to lowering his shoulder, driving the net and making Tage like plays in Buffalo is great to see!

Last edited:

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
When he first got here, with every interview you can hear it in his voice and see it in his body language that he lacked confidence in himself. Only 2 games into this season but man what a turn around!

Greenway clearly needed to get healthy, have a full offseason and a fresh start somewhere like Buffalo. Going from chipping pucks in and bumping bodies in Minnie to lowering his shoulder, driving the net and making Tage like plays in Buffalo is great to see!
some of it he was injured, but the other larger part was Don Granato

Reactions: Jim Bob

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Gotta say, I'm liking this trade a lot for the Sabres. It's still early, but this looks like it may be the best version of the Sabres patented "trade a 2nd for a tier 2 player on the trade block after missing out on the top tier trades".
Better than:
Colin Miller
Josh Gorges
Raffi Torres
Brad Boyes

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Off to a nice start this year. This trade was always worth the risk for the upside potential. Love him on the PK so far, and pleasantly surprised with his offensive skills.

Reactions: Dingo44

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Gotta say, I'm liking this trade a lot for the Sabres. It's still early, but this looks like it may be the best version of the Sabres patented "trade a 2nd for a tier 2 player on the trade block after missing out on the top tier trades".
Better than:
Colin Miller
Josh Gorges
Raffi Torres
Brad Boyes
And who was that dude who always scored a couple in his first game with a new team and then never again? Didn't we get him for a 2nd as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad