Proposal: Laf to Montreal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
They won it the year after the Habs last Cup.

Ita obvious you havent watched him this season, he's absolutely been a line driver.

Please explain how not getting PP time like Slaf is an "excuse". He didnt have the luxury of breaking in on a bad team having ice time handed to him. His team was actually competing.
Because Laf was not good enough to get PP time. Simple.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Would Laf have displaced Suzuki, Caufield or Slaf? No!

Slaf is living up to his projections. Laf never has.
Rangers PP over the last 4 season's:
4th
7th
4th
7th

Habs:
23rd
29th
31st
22nd

Only a moron would try and change the Rangers PP. It's not broken.

The Habs on the other hand, lol. LOL. LOLOLOLOLOL. Yiiiiikes. You would probably want to insert Laf in that pathetic, completely disfunctional failure of a group in hopes it changes. I mean it's bad. Like, really bad. Cringeworthy.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think slaf Gona be a good player.

Many NYR fans would love for Laf to replace zibby on the PP.
If Zibby could be counted on to win a big faceoff, Trochek could also be replaced by Laf on the PP.

It is what it is. The PP has been great all season, so why mess with it.
Laf has been a beast all season as well, for NYR there’s just no point in dealing him.
He’s only 22, has played well in MSG, and in the playoffs before.
Both guys are only going to get better.
Going tit for tat between the 2 is pointless unless they get the same ice time/ 1PP opportunity.
Until then it’s like what do you like better? Pepsi or coke?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
And Slaf and him have the exact same stats line ar 5v5, but one of them is a 6'4 230lbs player and is only 20. What's your point?

Slaf has only been playing on the 1at line since January as well so...
One plays on the best line of a team playing for the presidents trophy

The other plays on a best line for a team vying for a top 10 pick….,..

Laf is no wilting flower either.

Both guys are going to be excellent players

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
One plays on the best line of a team playing for the presidents trophy

The other plays on a best line for a team vying for a top 10 pick….,..

Laf is no wilting flower either.

Both guys are going to be excellent players
So what you are saying is

They have similar stats, but one of them.plays with players less talented than the other. And still.manages to produce more? And is younger, and is bigger, faster, more intimidating?

Reactions: viceroy

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
So the Bolts didn't win the Cup that year? No one did? Easy to discount someone's hard work by pointing out some sniggling details. That's what losers do.

You think only 5v5 points matter? You think if he was on your team's PP he'd be inundated with points? The fact is Lafs didn't deserve a spot on NYR's man advantage and would most probably have hurt your PP by stealing the place of a better.

What's up with this retroactive continuity where Lafs has been kicking ass for years but has just simply been undeniable this season. No. He sucked for years and has finally gotten the maturity and the right linemates to blossom. Trochek's the guy IMHO, he's the guy.

I know that 5v5 stats is the only things rags fans can hold to when they talk about laf but the reality is pp point have the same value. And Slaf have 25 pts in is last 30games. Perfect devlopement for a d+2 player.
I hate the rags.

I was talking about Nico Hischier

But for arguments sake regarding the rangers.

The rangers power play is at 26%, the Canadians at 17.5%. Slafkovsky wouldnn't touch the rangers power play either.

I have never and will never give credit to guys who simply exist for long stretches on unproductive PP1s the same way I will never give meaningful credit to guys who simply exist on penalty kills

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

They have similar stats, but one of them.plays with players less talented than the other. And still.manages to produce more? And is younger, and is bigger, faster, more intimidating?
giphy.gif

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Rangers PP over the last 4 season's:
4th
7th
4th
7th

Habs:
23rd
29th
31st
22nd

Only a moron would try and change the Rangers PP. It's not broken.

The Habs on the other hand, lol. LOL. LOLOLOLOLOL. Yiiiiikes. You would probably want to insert Laf in that pathetic, completely disfunctional failure of a group in hopes it changes. I mean it's bad. Like, really bad. Cringeworthy.
And as bad as the Habs PP is, Laf wouldn't make the first unit!!! May not even make the 2nd unit once Dach is healthy!

LOL

🤣 i think we're done here. Both good young players in their own right. Disagree Slaf has proven anything more than Laf if you are objective enough to look at ice time especially on the powerplay. Good day.
Clearly you are not objective enough if you actually think Laf's D+2 season measures up to Slaf's. If Slaf only puts up 39 points next season in his D+3 season, then we can talk about comparing them.

Reactions: viceroy

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I hate the rags.

I was talking about Nico Hischier

But for arguments sake regarding the rangers.

The rangers power play is at 26%, the Canadians at 17.5%. Slafkovsky wouldnn't touch the rangers power play either.

I have never and will never give credit to guys who simply exist for long stretches on unproductive PP1s the same way I will never give meaningful credit to guys who simply exist on penalty kills
He would be on the pp2 and play 1:20 like laf and kakko. But he's not on is d+4. Every team who would have a 1ov that is not a bust would find a way to give him good pp time.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014

But they don't have similar stats. One has 9 5v5 goals and the other has 20. One player scores 40% of his goals on the PP while the other is 9%. One player scores 32% of his points on the PP and the other 12%. Even with all the 1st unit PP time that Slaf is getting he still has less points than Laf.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
But they don't have similar stats. One has 9 5v5 goals and the other has 20. One player scores 40% of his goals on the PP while the other is 9%. One player scores 32% of his points on the PP and the other 12%. Even with all the 1st unit PP time that Slaf is getting he still has less points than Laf.
Seems cut and dry to me. Logic is lost on them.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Do you think powerplay point have no value? Points are points. You can score 5v5,5v4,4v4, the goals scored would have the same effect on the game. But since you value 5v5 point so much, you probably thinks laf have more value than Barkov, or Stamkos, or Suzuki etc.....

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Do you think powerplay point have no value? Points are points. You can score 5v5,5v4,4v4, the goals scored would have the same effect on the game. But since you value 5v5 point so much, you probably thinks laf have more value than Barkov, or Stamkos, or Suzuki etc.....
They absolutely have value which is why its a ridiculous comparison. Lafreniere gets next to no PP time and widely outscores Slaf at even strength.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
They absolutely have value which is why its a ridiculous comparison. Lafreniere gets next to no PP time and widely outscores Slaf at even strength.
Being drafted 1ov at foward and not playing on the pp in your d+4 years is not something to be proud off. Just look in the last 30 years, it doesn't look too good for Laffy.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Being drafted 1ov at foward and not playing on the pp in your d+4 years is not something to be proud off. Just look in the last 30 years, it doesn't look too good for Laffy.
The Rangers top PP unit gets the lions share of minutes, and rightfully so. How many 1st overall picks have had similar situations as Laf?

Answer: None in recent history.

This is common sense and it’s blowing my mind how many people are not grasping it.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy13

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
The Rangers top PP unit gets the lions share of minutes, and rightfully so. How many 1st overall picks have had similar situations as Laf?

This is common sense and it’s blowing my mind how many people are not grasping it.
the coach would give him plenty of pp time if he was good. Swapping him with kreider, zib or trotchek from time to time would not affect their pp at all because we all know panarin and fox are the main caracter. This is common sense

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Except you can't compare Laf's D+4 to Slaf"s D+2. That's idiotic.

And even in that comparison is not that far apart in points and Slaf is doing it 2 x years younger.

I am sorry you are disappointed in Laf but don't compare him to a far superior player in Slaf! lol

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Literally had no chance to play significant PP minutes. He didnt have the luxury of breaking in on a terrible team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad