GDT: LAT vs. SWE May 18, 2024

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Similar to Batna to be honest. Probably a 5, how is this different.

Sadly I truly believe that Elvis was psychologically ruined when his buddy died at the 4th of July party saving his wife and unborn child. He’s never been the same since
That's the speculation, we can't know for sure, but the timing looks that way.

Reactions: Summer Rose

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden up 6-2 despite the refs best efforts. I normally don’t like to slag the refs but jesus christ these assholes are bad.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
Well, the latvians have collapsed and literally left him "to die".
Elvis let in, like, every open shot from mid zone. Such shots happen many times in a game. A goalie has to save them, or at least not let in every single one. Especially if this goalie supposedly plays in NHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, the latvians have collapsed. The mistakes were ridiculous. I dont think any other goalie would have aved much more.
Are we watching the same game? The third goal was a relatively simple shot from the middle of the zone. 5th one just a pretty basic rush goalies face 5 times per game. 6th one is the only that definitely fits your description.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I have a question. Is it political or controversial wishing for peace and that all teams could participate and compete in these tournaments? I mean it's not like some nations have been excluded when their foreign affairs have been highly questionable.

Do people reflect over these things? Or is everything always black or white?

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
I have a question. Is it political or controversial wishing for peace and that all teams could participate and compete in these tournaments? I mean it's not like some nations have been excluded when their foreign affairs have been highly questionable.

Yes, it's black and white. A flat out fascism shouldn't be ignored.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Also this has been talked about at nauseum. Over 2 years into the relevant conflict you should know who stands where instead of questioning it in the GDT thread of a game that has nothing to do with it.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Yes, it's black and white. A flat out fascism shouldn't be ignored.
So why hasn't a country that starts with I been excluded? Or a country that starts with a U? Or do you believe that those wars have been charity work form the western superpowers? Lol.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Are we watching the same game? The third goal was a relatively simple shot from the middle of the zone. 5th one just a pretty basic rush goalies face 5 times per game. 6th one is the only that definitely fits your description.
Absolutely not. It was a perfectly executioned and placed shot right from behind the defenseman legs (from goalies perspective) these are extremely hard to save. If anything, the Eriksson Ek's goal looked the most saveable to me.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
By the way, is Namejs banned, has he said something over the line? Because it would be interesting to hear from the biggest Elvis apologist.
To be honest, Elvis is not to blame on any of the goals. However, a goalie should save at least something. An NHL goalie should save most of it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, you know, it also was the D's fault. He was trying to block the shot, but instead he screened Elvis
Dude. After the goalie allows 6 goals on 20 shots to go sub-.85 on the tournament, you can't keep saying everything is somebody else's fault. Goalies are there to save the mistakes of other people, that's by definition.

Reactions: ellja3

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Dude. After the goalie allows 6 goals on 20 shots to go sub-.85 on the tournament, you can't keep saying everything is somebody else's fault. Goalies are there to save the mistakes of other people, that's by definition.
Yeah I am not saying he did good, but after those latvian mistakes, you just can't be surprised when the puck ends up in the net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad