London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
What it also tells me that there is no way you want to get into a run and gun offensive battle with the Spirit.
Oh oh you have recognized our achillies heel. Statistically by far our weakest category this year when compared across the league. We were number two overall in Goals Scored ;).... unlike Total Points, Goals Allowed, Power Play %, Penalty Kill %, hell even Penalty Minutes! ;)

Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I'm a bit behind on PVR on the couch lol but limited Sagnasty to 11 SOG after 2 periods.........Well done. And a great job by the players.
Team play wins ( last year Petes good example.....buy into a system....implement n execute)

Reactions: dino200022

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
How does Dionicio get away with abuse of officials 2 games in a row? Game 1 throwing his broken stick at the ref and then today after the Bonk waved off goal, when the ref was talking to the time keeper and he came out of the box, he 2 handed the glass right beside the refs head. Another foot and he hits the ref, I’ve seen less get called for abuse of official.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
DEFENSIVE DEPTH: The Knights are getting it done defensively without blue-line stalwart Jackson Edward, who missed his second straight game for personal reasons. Dale Hunter doesn’t know yet if the Bruins pick will be available Monday.
Fellow veteran d-man Alec Leonard is being evaluated but won’t play for the foreseeable future after suffering a serious-looking leg injury from crashing into the boards Friday. That means big minutes for Oliver Bonk, Isaiah George and Sam Dickinson meshed in with three rookies.
“We’ll have to deal with it,” Bonk, the Flyers first-rounder, said. “There’s nothing else we can do and we can’t whine about it. Hopefully, we get some of our guys back soon.”
Rookie Jared Woolley saw more action, first-year Henry Brzustewicz moved from forward to his natural blue-line spot and Ilderton’s Noah Jenken suited up for his first game since the Junior B Strathroy Rockets were eliminated a month ago. The forwards and Simpson are a big part of it, too.
“They got some opportunities and when they did, (London goaltender Michael) Simpson was big,” Knights head coach Dale Hunter said. “It’s not truly a man-to-man (approach). It’s a squeeze-down and then fan out after. A few teams in the National Hockey League use it and everybody has a different system.

dino200022

Woolley was unheralded out there today. Kid was playing Jr B not that long ago and now he is helping shut down a team full of firepower in a conference final game. Good on him and Bursty.

Biggest snub in the stars tonight had to be Sim. Kid is just built for the playoffs, was not on the scoresheet but played one hell of a game in all facets.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
If we somehow manage to get past Saginaw. Oshawa looks legit. They have the scoring depth, physicality, goaltending and defensive depth to match us. Would be an interesting but scary matchup. I couldn’t take 2 years in a row falling just short lol.

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Woolley was unheralded out there today. Kid was playing Jr B not that long ago and now he is helping shut down a team full of firepower in a conference final game. Good on him and Bursty.

Biggest snub in the stars tonight had to be Sim. Kid is just built for the playoffs, was not on the scoresheet but played one hell of a game in all facets.
Yes, Woolley played extremely good today, I saw things in him that tells me he's going to be a rock for this team. It was really important not to overwork him during the season, bring him on slowly where he can get comfortable and confidence. He did a really good job, very promising for the future. Did not see as much of Henry Brzustewicz, he did not do any noticeable errors and he too is starting to look comfortable out there. I am hoping to see Jackson Edward back soon, they are going to need him big time still

Last edited:

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
If we somehow manage to get past Saginaw. Oshawa looks legit. They have the scoring depth, physicality, goaltending and defensive depth to match us. Would be an interesting but scary matchup. I couldn’t take 2 years in a row falling just short lol.
Late in the eason I recall Oshawa being in the #1 spot of the OHL rankings and thinking they would be middle of the pack if they were in the Western Conference...it didn't make sense. However, they do have a good one in Oster. He used to play for Guelph and he loves playing the Knights.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This is an unbelievable run this team is on right now, a new territory for a junior team, 10 in a row to start a playoff run, to say we had our doubt at the start of the season. We don't know these kids, we don't know how they act among themselves in the dressing room or outside the rink, we don't know what they like or don't like, who's grumpy and who is not, what we know is they are a darn good hockey club. London should be proud and happy to have the best hockey heads in junior hockey. oh ya! "Go Knights Go" Even an old fart like me, never seen the likes of this, and yes do gets excited seeing this team on this outstanding successful run

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN and zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
This is an unbelievable run this team is on right now, a new territory for a junior team, 10 in a row to start a playoff run, to say we had our doubt at the start of the season. We don't know these kids, we don't know how they act among themselves in the dressing room or outside the rink, we don't know what they like or don't like, who's grumpy and who is not, what we know is they are a darn good hockey club. London should be proud and happy to have the best hockey heads in junior hockey. oh ya! "Go Knights Go" Even an old fart like me, never seen the likes of this, and yes do gets exited seeing this team on this outstanding successful run
It's not a new territory, Ottawa had 14 in a row not that long ago

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Was the dev camp open to the public? If not who looked good?

I gotta think up front Hawery, Arrowsmith, Gerber, Van Bommel, Mews, Cover all have a good chance of playing games for the big club next year, on D Mitchell, Fagen, Jenken(obviously),Begin would all get a shot at some games

We are at the minimum loosing 4 forwards, 2 D and 1 G from this current roster

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Simpson very reliable. Woolley played well. Love Edward but were taking less penalties. Being short on D is hard but Woolley and Brz getting this experience will help us down the road. Gaz still not where he was before injury..probably similar to Marner still not able to make same movements. If they are breaking up leafs..Habs are open to taking Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark