London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Before the first suspension, Lawrence was playing rather well. He had multiple goals, had established himself in the defensive zone. Dont think we catch lightning in a bottle this time.

Sim on the other hand brings intangibles that make this team far more complete, if he can tone down the circus.

We could use them upcoming but ya play the hand as dealt.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Sorry little late I know but I am in need of some serious HELP. I am really confused on the Sim suspension. Now I appreciate the report of pre game contact but you can't possibly get 5 games in the playoffs for calling a member of the opposing team after a character name from my alltime favourite show The Sopranos ("p***y" Bumpinsero) or can you? If I have the correct word identified since when did this now become socially unacceptable in our wonderfully sensitive world? Please tell me I am missing something, I have to be?

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Sorry little late I know but I am in need of some serious HELP. I am really confused on the Sim suspension. Now I appreciate the report of pre game contact but you can't possibly get 5 games in the playoffs for calling a member of the opposing team after a character name from my alltime favourite show The Sopranos ("p***y" Bumpinsero) or can you? If I have the correct word identified since when did this now become socially unacceptable in our wonderfully sensitive world? Please tell me I am missing something, I have to be?
I feel like I’m missing something too. Of note, 20 years ago a player got 5 games for calling another player a “Euro”.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
After 2 series where LK faced little to adversity they got some in rd 3.
They played thru n won in 6. I gotta think they will be better for it moving forward as a team.
Perfect group......nope.
Entertaining......sure.

Not sure how I feel yet with some love, or at least tempered respect from opponents fans thou?????
Gotta keep the evil empire, LK is favoured, goon squad, Hunters own the league mantra n force strong lol.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Ï am not too sure I understand yourof reasoning behind your Lawrence's comment of not being needed on this team PhlyerPhanatic32

"We really didn't miss Lawrence did we? I thought our lineup was better without him in the 5 games he already missed. Sim being out will hurt more IMO"

At the moment of his first suspension against Kitchener Lawrence was tied for the lead in team scoring with McCue with 5G 4A (9pts) in 7 games, second in the circle with 55% winning, and at the time he was +/- at plus 8. Maybe I missed something that you didn't. Cheers!

Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Not sure how I feel yet with some love, or at least tempered respect from opponents fans thou?????
LOL, I know it's way to weird but one thing I can say is Saginaw sure got under the skin of the Soo faithful. Soo fans cheering for the Knights .... must of been that eclipse from a few weeks back has the planet spinning backwards? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: rve24 and DWI Dale

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
At the moment of his first suspension against Kitchener Lawrence was tied for the lead in team scoring with McCue with 5G 4A (9pts) in 7 games, second in the circle with 55% winning, and at the time he was +/- at plus 8. Maybe I missed something that you didn't. Cheers!
Ya maybe PP31 missed the early part of the playoffs? We miss that Lawrence for sure, however he was playing above norm so no guarantee he could have maintained but wow if we had him we are for sure a stronger team!

Reactions: Fastpace

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
LOL, I know it's way to weird but one thing I can say is Saginaw sure got under the skin of the Soo faithful. Soo fans cheering for the Knights .... must of been that eclipse from a few weeks back has the planet spinning backwards? 🙄
i can only speak for myself but it was a combination of getting snubbed for the mem cup, the diving/embellishment, the bus driver "accosting" a member of our local media, and lazary's never ending whining that drove me to sell my soul. i can't recall a season where i felt so passionately about a team losing that wasn't named "the knights" :)

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
The fact the Spirit player involved has a father who is the director of officiating for the OHL likely contributed to the length. Seems excessive

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
It's a conundrum inside an enigma wrapped up inside a Kinder Surprise. I canmot really account for it other than to scream at the outright bias.

Did anyone else see the double hander Gou laid on Sim just before the charging penalty contact. Two handed chop to the torso. Officials just ignored it.

Oh well, it is over and done. But this vrrsion of the Spirit sure leaves a bad after taste.

Knights4ever

Jan 3, 2024
No London fan likes the Sim suspension, sounds pretty shady from I hear. I watched the post game interview and Hache was crying like a, well I can't type that word or else I will get suspended by his dad from HF boards.

Reactions: jimbarrou
Ï am not too sure I understand yourof reasoning behind your Lawrence's comment of not being needed on this team PhlyerPhanatic32

"We really didn't miss Lawrence did we? I thought our lineup was better without him in the 5 games he already missed. Sim being out will hurt more IMO"

We chimed along just fine without him was my point

Reactions: rve24 and Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Thanks buddy. Forgot to post about it today. All set. I may have an extra ticket depending on how my work commitments go/how long the series goes, so I’ll try to keep people posted here.
I grabbed 2/3/4. Outta town for game 1. Shoulda offered it up here but I've never been able to give a tic away for free on here lol. (PO or reg season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad