Proposal: Montreal - Calgary

Bond

May 10, 2012
He doesn't have to be his dad in order to pick him 5th IMO.
I think he’s a fine pick at 5. It was the straight up false narrative that he projects better than his Dad at the NHL that people are pushing back against which has mainly been from that Scintillating poster who thinks the Flames will pay stupid assets to move up and pick him. Tij would go first if scouts thought they were getting a generational talent.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Frankly the notion that we could move Huberdeau for Gallagher and Anderson is ridiculous. Huberdeau is clearly a better player at his worst than Gallagher and Anderson at their best, but that deal has 7 years left on it and he's a 5M player making 10M. If Huberdeau had 3 years left then it's a different story,
Or you acquire a high end #1C. Barkov made Huberdeau. Move up draft Lindstrom? Colombus maybe if Bergs goes there. Hub would go back to 100 points. Makes him movable.

• Haha

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Or you acquire a high end #1C. Barkov made Huberdeau. Move up draft Lindstrom? Colombus maybe if Bergs goes there. Hub would go back to 100 points. Makes him movable.
I think people still don't realize Huberdeau played with Bennett and Duclair in his 115 point season. He actually played poorly with Barkov. I just think his game has dropped off significantly. I don't think getting Bennett or Duclair is going to fix anything like some Flames fans do.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think people still don't realize Huberdeau played with Bennett and Duclair in his 115 point season. He actually played poorly with Barkov. I just think his game has dropped off significantly. I don't think getting Bennett or Duclair is going to fix anything like some Flames fans do.
I remember reading multiple news articles Huberdeau complimenting Barkov. He said they made each other. He said nobody assisted on more of his goals than Barkov

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I remember reading multiple news articles Huberdeau complimenting Barkov. He said they made each other. He said nobody assisted on more of his goals than Barkov
Well you're remembering wrong. He spent almost no time with Barkov outside of the PP. Less than 200 minutes. He played with Bennett and Duclair.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You and Huberdeau must think differently then. I remember reading article he put in Miami paper. I researched him after trade.

Again, you're incredibly wrong. You can go look it up. Google is your friend. Huberdeau played with Bennett and Duclair. It's hard to believe people can form opinions based on something so completely wrong. Habs fans are so painful to talk to sometimes. I understand how we have the government we have after talking with them. Up is down, left is right, hot is cold. It takes 30 seconds to Google this and not look dumb. Why would you even debate it? It's factual.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
You and Huberdeau must think differently then. I remember reading article he put in Miami paper. I researched him after trade.

Seriously, are you like 12 years old? You get proven wrong multiple times and don't know how to properly spell players names. Very easy to go online and find out who huberdeau played with in Florida and you completely ignore the Habs fan who called you out on your bs about 690 saying he was better than his father. I mean, it's ok to admit you were in bed or too young to have seen iginla play. But, yes we should believe your lies over people in Calgary who have watched jarome and tij play multiple times.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Again, you're incredibly wrong. You can go look it up. Google is your friend. Huberdeau played with Bennett and Duclair. It's hard to believe people can form opinions based on something so completely wrong. Habs fans are so painful to talk to sometimes. I understand how we have the government we have after talking with them. Up is down, left is right, hot is cold. It takes 30 seconds to Google this and not look dumb. Why would you even debate it? It's factual.
I think I will stay with what Barkov and Huberdeau say over some amateur poster on message board. Thank you very much just the same.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
We'll keep Huberdeau, he may not be worth 10.5M but he's at least been playing at ~80% of his value since the start of the new year
Did he score all of his 12 goals and 52 points since the start of the new year? Because that’s the only way that makes sense.

You’re paying $10.5M/year for a 50 point soft perimeter winger. Yeah, we know the Flames will keep him; they don’t have a choice.

Reactions: viceroy

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think I will stay with what Barkov and Huberdeau say over some amateur poster on message board. Thank you very much just the same.
Painful and obtuse. It's empirical fact. Less than 200 minutes at ES together and you think they were attached at the hip. You know nothing about the sport. You're the same guy last year who said Josh Anderson would bring back a 1st+. How did that one work out?

Ledge And Dairy

Did he score all of his 12 goals and 52 points since the start of the new year? Because that’s the only way that makes sense.

You’re paying $10.5M/year for a 50 point soft perimeter winger. Yeah, we know the Flames will keep him; they don’t have a choice.
Soft? What are you talking about, does he go out there and throw hits like Ovechkin? No, but he is far from soft.

He scored 8 goals and 36 points in the 45 games after the new year which is a 66 point pace. If Skinner could salvage his career after a 14 points in 53 games I think Huberdeau can too

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Painful and obtuse. It's empirical fact. Less than 200 minutes at ES together and you think they were attached at the hip. You know nothing about the sport. You're the same guy last year who said Josh Anderson would bring back a 1st+. How did that one work out?
I gotta stay with what the players say. Over amateur hockey guy on message board

• Haha

Ledge And Dairy

I gotta stay with what the players say. Over amateur hockey guy on message board
This is why everyone considers you a troll. There is literal counting stats showing how much time he played with each player down to the second.
1000003647.png

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Barkov and Huberdeau didn't even play on the same line. When Huberdeau had his best season, not only was Barkov not on the same line, he missed 15 games and had almost 30 less points.

You couldn't be more wrong.

What players lol

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Barkov and Huberdeau didn't even play on the same line. When Huberdeau had his best season, not only was Barkov not on the same line, he missed 15 games and had almost 30 less points.

You couldn't be more wrong.

What players lol
That's your own fault, doing something stupid like that. GM 101, a star player going to make others look better than they are. To give up a franchise player for Huberdeau then give him a ridiculous contract knowing he was on cost strings of a star. Instead of ripping posters on a message board.

The media members who have Ignila not like his father and going 5, are same guys who had Brady Tkachuk not like his father and going 5.

You want to follow who your GM is interviewing and moving his scouts around instead of going by mock drafts from the media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad