MSG Network Discussion

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I first got MSG in the fall of 86. Then we lost it around the fall of 88 due to a dispute between Cablevision and MSG (were not owned by the same people at the time) and I didn't get back until Jan 95. For years, MSG Network didn't start until about 6pm. During work hours, they would show C-Span, Horse Racing, even the weather channel. Sportschannel was the same during the week. Can't remember when it became a full-time channel. I do find most of their programming to be a waste of time. Also remember when MSG showed everything that was AT msg. WWF was on live, dog show, tennis, even Bowling, etc. When Knicks and Rangers played at the same time, whoever was at home was on MSG, the road team was bounced to channel 9 and then MSG2 (was the Family Channel on my cable).

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
People watch the show and the next time they go to an event at MSG they decide to try one of those restaurants instead of eating dinner inside the arena.

It's very unlikely that there would be any real impact from such a thing. If anything, you'd likely see them try and get local restaurants to sell inside the Garden with some sort of partnership.

I think you're vastly overblowing any possible impact to MSG, frankly.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
It's very unlikely that there would be any real impact from such a thing. If anything, you'd likely see them try and get local restaurants to sell inside the Garden with some sort of partnership.

I think you're vastly overblowing any possible impact to MSG, frankly.
and, i think you are underestimating the greed of the MSG brass.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I first got MSG in the fall of 86. Then we lost it around the fall of 88 due to a dispute between Cablevision and MSG (were not owned by the same people at the time) and I didn't get back until Jan 95. For years, MSG Network didn't start until about 6pm. During work hours, they would show C-Span, Horse Racing, even the weather channel. Sportschannel was the same during the week. Can't remember when it became a full-time channel. I do find most of their programming to be a waste of time. Also remember when MSG showed everything that was AT msg. WWF was on live, dog show, tennis, even Bowling, etc. When Knicks and Rangers played at the same time, whoever was at home was on MSG, the road team was bounced to channel 9 and then MSG2 (was the Family Channel on my cable).

Kind of like in the 90s non-MSG produced programming would be reserved for Prime Network stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad