League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
My eye/emotional test told me the same as the fancy. Isles for the win. No 3 points.

Sadly, not getting much help on the out of town scoreboard. Still third periods to play though.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Re. Aisles @ Flyers:
Best for Caps if visiting team wins in regulation. Caps hold all the tiebreakers over the Aisles, so their gaining 2 points may get them closer but given the Caps' games in hand should not matter much. sportsclubstats rates an Aisle victory as increasing Caps' playoff odds 2.2% and a Flyers' OT win as dropping their odds by the same percentage.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Frickin' Aisles can't clear and Flyers score tying goal with <10 seconds left.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
because the caps have three games in hand on the flyers now. if they cant take advantage of that then they dont need to be in the playoffs. they shouldnt even have to worry about the wings anymore
Plus they also have two games in hand on the wings too

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
because the caps have three games in hand on the flyers now. if they cant take advantage of that then they dont need to be in the playoffs. they shouldnt even have to worry about the wings anymore
This is a savvy and smart take. We only need to outperform one team and that is the Flyers. We control our own destiny in the metro. So i like this view.

Puck the Flyers!

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I rather it get done than wait until the last game of the season lol. I'm more concerned with no shows against teams like Buffalo and Pitt for the Caps than depending on other teams.
fair, but now the math starts working the other way.

flyers can only get a maximum of 12 more points (6 games)

capitals can get a maximum of 18 more points (9 games)

get 14 of last 18 possible points and they are in no matter what

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All of you discussing the best / least worst outcome - how'd that work out for ya??

You can't rely on other teams to get us into the playoffs. Our team needs to win as many games down the stretch as possible.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This is a savvy and smart take. We only need to outperform one team and that is the Flyers. We control our own destiny in the metro. So i like this view.

Puck the Flyers!
The Islanders are as much a threat as the Flyers are now.

In fact, IF the Isles and Pens win their 2 games in hand over the Flyers, they’d be tied with them (Isles), or only 2pts behind (Pens).

There is a lot that can still happen. And heck ya the Wings matter. We all should want the 4th place in the Metro to make the playoffs.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Meh. They still got to win those games. It’s the NHL at peak parity, even good teams can lose 2 of any given 3. Then you are 1 point up with a head to head.

I don’t agree with the notion they wouldn’t deserve it or they don’t need it. it’s the 8th seed they would get. Plenty of teams on that bubble are losing at bad times.. why would the caps not need it over someone else? I’d rather the young core and HC get experience in the playoffs no matter how they get in.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I still can’t reasonably post Twitter/X links here but Torts threw a temper tantrum last night after losing to fish sticks. They gonna free fall.

Regardless, Caps must handle their own business tonight! I am ready for puck drop already!

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Rangers/Devils brawl right off the face off. Devils wanted retribution after the Rempe elbow. Best part was watching that clown Rempe think he won the fight and he skates around the rink throwing his hands in the air

Reactions: PlushMinus

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I know the devils “mostly” instigated this, but f*** the rangers and their opening puck drop line brawls!

Lavi was pissed though. Wish he had more of that emotion here!

Reactions: PlushMinus

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I know the devils “mostly” instigated this, but f*** the rangers and their opening puck drop line brawls!

Lavi was pissed though. Wish he had more of that emotion here!
The Rangers are a joke - and so is their moronic, inbred fanbase. I have more Rags fans on ignore than any other team except....you guessed it, the Bruins!

edit: hmm you prolly would have guessed Pens, but nope. Boston and Rangers are the worst here (imo)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
lol…Miller wrecking Marino was funny….dude turtles covering his ears…..they’re grilling Marino on ESPN “can’t even tell his kids to take the trash out. Shut up daddy before I call the Rangers to kick your ass again”…..lol….hilarious.

Reactions: DWGie26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad