Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Is it wrong of me to say I don’t even care about Nuke “getting better?”

He doesn’t want to get better.

I’m an Avalanche fan and this guy has repeatedly f***ed over my teams chances of winning.

I couldn’t care less if he’s in Minsk snorting rocks out of a straw next year.
Not sure it's wrong and is understandable.
I'm sure many of his family, friends and teammates have similar thoughts.

Just not the stance I can take when it comes to addictions. I can't speak to whether he wants to get better or not,
I can't do anything for him except wish for the best outcome for him and his young family.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Went from one of our best free agent signings to an absolute kick in the balls. I’d imagine we have seen his last game as an Av. I hope he able to fix his issues.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Can we terminate the contract without having to buy him out? There must be some sort of clause.. I think Kings used it too with their core player who started playing worse.

The precedent is there and every player's contract has professional conduct clauses that if they violate the club can exercise them. The players tend to fight back, for obvious reasons, but we've never seen a club lose when evoking it I believe. There might be some money exchanged behind close doors to make it all go away, but the player is always gone too.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Can we terminate the contract without having to buy him out? There must be some sort of clause.. I think Kings used it too with their core player who started playing worse.
Kroenke's got world class attorneys. I know. I have a case with them.

I trust that they'll find an angle that will allow the Avs to move on.

• Love
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

And this dude wonders why he's been shunned from the entire hockey community.

Adrian Dater is a very ugly human being, and has been for a long time. Just an awful person. He’s supplied ample evidence many times.

I’m happy to support TMV (both in here and financially at CHNow) and to never ever again read another Dater article for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Probably because he was getting the help he needed and wasn’t set to come back until he felt he was done treatment.

It’s apparent now he left before he was ready and it’s why he’s on a 6 month suspension.
No offense .... but that's all speculation.

I give the Avs some credit for making the call NOW instead of trying to bury it like some other teams might.........

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Kroenke's got world class attorneys. I know. I have a case with them.

I trust that they'll find an angle that will allow the Avs to move on.
They waged quite an intense protracted legal battle and won the right to keep people from fishing in public lakes that could only be accessed by through his ranch in Merritt. That guy and his lawyers are intense

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Obviously good luck to him personally in
getting better. Having said that, goodbye nuke. Don’t even care if you come back clean, get the hell outta here. 2 years in a row is unacceptable. An absolute travesty that you’ve blown your chance at present with this club. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Fold the franchise and move it to Phoenix.

The Avs have buried this a ton until it became untenable.
If by "buried" you mean respecting the HIPPA rights of an employee, not disclosing personal medical issues and trying to get the guy help before terminating his contract..... probably.

But obviously something happened over the last few days that left them no choice but to throw him back into Player Assistance.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If by "buried" you mean respecting the HIPPA rights of an employee, not disclosing personal medical issues and trying to get the guy help before terminating his contract..... probably.

But obviously something happened over the last few days that left them no choice but to throw him bac into Player Assistance.
By burying, I mean fixing obvious legal issues.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Unreal. We can't have nice things. Huge blow to this run. Player unavailability is sinking what could have been multiple very deep runs over the last handful of seasons.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Aw f*** two playoff runs in a row. I was harsh on him when it first happened and it seems that should have been the team's stance as well.

Aves Fren

Eat the Stars
Dec 20, 2005
Is it wrong of me to say I don’t even care about Nuke “getting better?”

He doesn’t want to get better.

I’m an Avalanche fan and this guy has repeatedly f***ed over my teams chances of winning.

I couldn’t care less if he’s in Minsk snorting rocks out of a straw next year.
I agree. He is/was my favorite current player, but I'm an Aves fan first. I don't give a shit about his personal issues, only that he got caught.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Fold the franchise and move it to Phoenix.

The Avs have buried this a ton until it became untenable.
And you know this ? How??

They're not legal issues. There's no "fixers". No Michael Claytons running around. He's got substance abuse problems. That triggers state and federal privacy and employment laws.
Listen to the lawyer. He knows what he is talking about......

Reactions: Alienblood

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
IMG_7341.jpeg

IMG_7342.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad