Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Fun times ahead!

I dunno,

I feel like if Richards was able to be terminated, the Avs can definitely find reasonable grounds here. NHLPA will fight it and they'll settle on some sort of arrangement where Nuke gets a bunch of money and the Avs get a cap hit penalty that's much more reasonable then a buyout.

I hope. Ugly spot if not. Really ugly.

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
The core guys and the vets must really hate him now. This is so unbelievable f***ed up. He f***ed the team twice in a row, this cannot be accepted. I had my doubts about him earlier in the season after his stint in the programm but this is the worst. Makes me appreciate Sammy G even more as it seems he got his act together. Do whatever you can to terminate Vals contract ans bring back Drouin. Also on another note: f*** the f***ing Dallas stars, i really root for the cats or even the rangers now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I dunno,

I feel like if Richards was able to be terminated, the Avs can definitely find reasonable grounds here. NHLPA will fight it and they'll settle on some sort of arrangement where Nuke gets a bunch of money and the Avs get a cap hit penalty that's much more reasonable then a buyout.

It is a legal thing... terminate, then work it through mediation.

Even Bednar is over Nuke in his tone.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
After he pics in Russia in the offseason you just knew something was bound to happen again with him. I thought we were in the clear for awhile once he went to the program mid season, but man the guy couldn't even last like 2 months without getting caught.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I dunno,

The buyout is ugly. In 2026 and 2027 the cap hit is over $3M. In 2028 and 2029, the cap hit would be over $5M. Then it's $1.7M till 2035.

They can't do that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't help he went to the @S E P H school of spelling.
I went to the bank yesterday to cash my cheque and played hockey afterwards where I did this wicked pokecheque, but there was this massive cheque in the corner at the same time, so I had to cheque to make sure the bloke was okay. Cheque the teck.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
When he comes back in 6 months, just healthy scratch him and bag skate him in practice until he signs a mutual agreement to terminate his contract. I'm sure the players want no part of him anymore and will do some shenanigans to him too; Nuke's nameplate is already gone from the dressing room.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's why the God created Spoiler Tags and DM's my friend.
PC8B1E.gif

I went to the bank yesterday to cash my cheque and played hockey afterwards where I did this wicked pokecheque, but there was this massive cheque in the corner at the same time, so I had to cheque to make sure the bloke was okay. Cheque the teck.
I'm very disappointed tires were not mentioned.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean, it's inevitable Nuke will hit "stage 4" of the NHL program if he returns -- and then he'll get suspended for at least a year and won't count on the cap.
This is also true. Could be a direction to go in. Let him come back, dont try and cover for him or sweep anything under the rug anymore. Let him go off the rails again and then he's out of the league and we're cleared of the issue.

Reactions: Avs44

Avs44

May 16, 2011
This is also true. Could be a direction to go in. Let him come back, dont try and cover for him or sweep anything under the rug anymore. Let him go off the rails again and then he's out of the league and we're cleared of the issue.
As sad as it is, yes. If we can’t get rid of him this off-season we’ll sure be rid of him next offseason. The man is addicted and clearly doesn’t give a shit. And if half of what some posters said is true then the Avs have been actively covering up a lot of violations. He won’t be here in 2026, at the least.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
When he comes back in 6 months, just healthy scratch him and bag skate him in practice until he signs a mutual agreement to terminate his contract. I'm sure the players want no part of him anymore and will do some shenanigans to him too; Nuke's nameplate is already gone from the dressing room.
I am thinking its unlikely he will be back in 6 months. Addiction is a very powerful thing for most and a majority of people can't kick it. He put his career, marriage, family, health and money on the line and did it again. I am not confident he will ever fully recover.

As for the Avs, they need to find a way to separate themselves from the player and move on. Cap implications or not, it's the only way forward.

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As sad as it is, yes. If we can’t get rid of him this off-season we’ll sure be rid of him next offseason. The man is addicted and clearly doesn’t give a shit. And if half of what some posters said is true then the Avs have been actively covering up a lot of violations. He won’t be here in 2026, at the least.

Yep. Just let him destroy his own career and the problem will resolve itself for us.

Sucks, but its a legit way out if termination isn't possible.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can this last 2 seasons of Val’s issues be a valid cause for contract termination? Because that’s the only way I can see Avs parting ways with him. They can’t buy him out because that would hurt the Avs for a long time. Is there a team out there who would be willing to risk trading for him? I just don’t know what you do with Val. Such a shitty situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad