Proposal: NJ-MTL

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I would say take out the Hab's pick at minimum.
You don't get top 2 defense at 22 years old for cheap.
But Guhle - Nemec would be a crazy good D line.

MTL : Guhle
for
NJ : Holtz + #10
Guhle-Marino would be the pairing.

Siegs-Hamilton
Hughes-Nemec
Guhle-Marino

Maybe you'd see more Guhle-Nemec and Siegs-Hamilton if NJD is trying to protect a lead.

NJD would pass on adding Holtz to 10th. If I'm offering that it would be for 5th overall. And especially if Dickinson drops to 7,8,9 I'd rather trade up for him than Guhle

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Exactly how is Holtz a terrible fit? MTL is incredibly shallow at LW, and Holtz fits the profile of the type of players Hughes has acquired two years in a row.

Like I told the other poster, the Habs would be more than fine at LD after this deal. They’d still have Matheson, potentially one of the mentioned LD from the draft coming in, all whom look close to NHL ready, Hutson, Xhekaj, and Harris.

Then, they’d get potentially another premium forward prospect (one of Iginla, Helenius, Sennecke, Catton, or Eiserman. Plus Holtz, who still has top-six upside and plays a position of need for the Habs.

Filling in holes in the lineup by trading from an area of strength is a dumb way to rebuild? News to me.
The offer is Garbage and Yuk, which is quite fitting that you proposed it!

Habs are not trading a developed Guhle. Habs are not giving up anything for a guy who is a poor one-dimensional shooter who can't skate. He is very likely going to bust.

But if you think they will, then keep smoking whatever you are smoking.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The offer is Garbage and Yuk, which is quite fitting that you proposed it!

Habs are not trading a developed Guhle. Habs are not giving up anything for a guy who is a poor one-dimensional shooter who can't skate. He is very likely going to bust.

But if you think they will, then keep smoking whatever you are smoking.
2nd time you’ve posted that same joke in the thread; nobody laughed the first time.

The Habs traded a developed Romanov for a similar pick just two years ago, who Habs fans recently assured me in another thread was every bit as good as Guhle is now.

The Habs traded for a similar player to Holtz in Newhook, who people were calling one dimensional and a bust, just last year for a late first and a 2nd - the same thing included in the proposal.

It seems you have no idea what you’re talking about and have no idea what the Habs would or would not do. Strange, considering you talk as if you’re some kind of insider with connections to the team, but your ranting directly contradicts the way Hughes has operated in recent years.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
2nd time you’ve posted that same joke in the thread; nobody laughed the first time.

The Habs traded a developed Romanov for a similar pick just two years ago, who Habs fans recently assured me in another thread was every bit as good as Guhle is now.

The Habs traded for a similar player to Holtz in Newhook, who people were calling one dimensional and a bust, just last year for a late first and a 2nd - the same thing included in the proposal.

It seems you have no idea what you’re talking about and have no idea what the Habs would or would not do. Strange, considering you talk as if you’re some kind of insider with connections to the team, but your ranting directly contradicts the way Hughes has operated in recent years.
Holtz is not similar to Newhook. The fact you think so proves how clueless you really are.

The rest of your post is mere nonsense.

Reactions: viceroy

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Holtz is not similar to Newhook. The fact you think so proves how clueless you really are.

The rest of your post is mere nonsense.
Blatantly false. They’re the same age, same production, same situation in needing a change of scenery.

Are you going to address the other points or are you done? Because it’s all facts. I guess that’s “nonsense” when you’re on some disingenuous BS.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Blatantly false. They’re the same age, same production, same situation in needing a change of scenery.

Are you going to address the other points or are you done?
Blatantly stupid. One can skate, the other can't. Totally different types of players. Do not want a poor man's Toffoli.

No point responding to garbage and yuk points.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You only stats watch or are you watching games? Matheson is terrible!!!
Is that why he plays 5 more minutes per game than Guhle?

Matheson is not the Habs best dman. He's a one-dimensional offensive dman who struggles to play D. Are you a Habs fan? If so, you would know this...
Why does he lead Habs skaters in ice time, and average 5 more minutes per game than Guhle then?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Is that why he plays 5 more minutes per game than Guhle?

Why does he lead Habs skaters in ice time, and average 5 more minutes per game than Guhle then?
Because he plays the PP and OTs. But you probably thinks he's a dynamite defensive dman because you don't watch the games.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
This is such an awful trade proposal jesus christ almighty.......Why are Hab fans in such a rush to trade Guhle? some of these hab fans that want to trade this kid need there heads shaken a bit sheesh...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
This is such an awful trade proposal jesus christ almighty.......Why are Hab fans in such a rush to trade Guhle? some of these hab fans that want to trade this kid need there heads shaken a bit sheesh...
Its just one clueless fan (though i don't think he's Habs fan). The rest are obviously in vehement opposition and disbelief.

He averaged more at even strength than Guhle as well. Try again?
Who cares. Guhle is a better defensive player than Matheson.

Change out Matheson for Guhle in your proposal and see what NJD fans think.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
He averaged more at even strength than Guhle as well. Try again?
1min more. Guhle is still a way better dman. Everyone who watch the habs would say that. Matheson is a train wreck who leash of pts on the pp even if he's a major reason why it suck. Can't wait to see Hutson take is place

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
In other words, your proposal is beyond idiotic from a Habs perspective. All Habs fans have told you this. You just don't listen because you are incapable of admitting to being wrong. You have an irrational hate for Guhle.
In other words, you’ve refused to address any points with counter arguments of your own because you’re incapable of discussion or disagreement without resorting to juvenile insults, and you don’t have the ability to articulate an actual argument. It’s ok to bow out. Take care buddy.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
In other words, you’ve refused to address any points with counter arguments of your own because you’re incapable of discussion or disagreement without resorting to juvenile insults, and you don’t have the ability to articulate an actual argument. It’s ok. Take care buddy.
Yep, that must be it. Me and every Habs fan in here who think your ridiculous proposal is garbage and yuk, must be wrong. The problem is that you don't make any points. You think Holtz is exactly the same as Newhook. You haven't even watched them play which is laughable. Yout think Matheson is a good defensive dman based on minutes played. No one can take you serious.

If you truly are a Habs fan, then keep the crazy in the Habs forum. ;)

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Yep, that must be it. Me and every Habs fan in here who think your ridiculous proposal is garbage and yuk, must be wrong.

You keep telling yourself that. :)
Meanwhile, you can’t articulate why you disagree, and ignore points I’ve made despite them being factual and undeniable because, again, you are unable to counter them. You tell yourself whatever you need to.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Meanwhile, you can’t articulate why you disagree, and ignore points I’ve made despite them being factual and undeniable because, again, you are unable to counter them. You tell yourself whatever you need to.
The problem is that you don't make any points. You think Holtz is exactly the same as Newhook. You haven't even watched them play which is laughable. Yout think Matheson is a good defensive dman based on minutes played. No one can take you serious.

Your facts are complete alternate reality.

But, you are entitled to your opinion even if its crazy. You are a boy on an island.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The problem is that you don't make any points.
I made the point that Hughes traded a similar D for a similar pick two years ago.

I made the point that Hughes traded for a similar player to Holtz last year.

I made the point that Holtz fits the profile of players that Hughes has traded for two years in a row and plays a position MTL is weak at.

I made the point that although losing Guhle would hurt, they would be trading from an area of strength and depth and bolstering areas of need with this deal.

You think Holtz is exactly the same as Newhook.
That’s a strawman argument (not my fault it’s ubiquitous on HFBoards). I said they’re similar in age, production, and situation.
Yout think Matheson is a good defensive dman based on minutes played.
Another strawman argument. I said he’s the best D overall on the team, and plays more minutes in all situations than Guhle.
No one can take you serious.
More insults because that’s all you’re capable of articulating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad