Official 2024 IIHF World Championship Thread

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
GBs best result since the 1950s relative to the level of competition... though ofc the Belarus win was special.

Always makes me think where would we be were it not for the chaos in our national leagues (English+Scottish merger not working out and folding the league after a few years so had no hockey league for a few years!) etc in the early 1950s. They went from having pro ice hockey and being a top 5 team in the world in the late 40s and early 50s...

to withdrawing from Olympics, asking to drop down to what is now div 1... and then basically not participating in international ice hockey for 8 years, not having any leagues for a few years in the early 60s...

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
And here is Poland's first Elite goal in God knows how many years... Haha, f*** [:

Edit: @Fight4yourRight never thought I'd be so stressed over game vs POLAND. WHAT IS HAPPENING

Very entertaining game. Macias stood out for me a lot. Even had a chance to win in OT! Good game. If they play like this against France and Kazakhstan they may be able to avoid relegation and hopefully start drawing more and more youths to play and people back to supporting hockey in Poland.

Reactions: ellja3

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Very entertaining game. Macias stood out for me a lot. Even had a chance to win in OT! Good game. If they play like this against France and Kazakhstan they may be able to avoid relegation and hopefully start drawing more and more youths to play and people back to supporting hockey in Poland.

Agreed fully, but you had so many lucky bounces today, it might just run out. Not wishing that of course, just an observation!

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Agreed fully, but you had so many lucky bounces today, it might just run out. Not wishing that of course, just an observation!

That’s fine.. lucky bounces (or lack therof) are part of any game! Sometimes, you have to make lucky bounces happen, too. Like I said, the most important games for them were always going to be France and Kaz. And based off those teams’ game today, they are beatable.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
So ummm Great Britain you say

FB_IMG_1715547324236.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad