Buffalo Bills Offseason part 2. Combine Mar 1-7. Free Agency & 2022 season begins March 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Well, F me if this is real ?...

Edit, looks fake

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.04.34 PM.png

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Reading that were in on DE Danielle Hunter and DT Fletcher Cox

With so many fraud articles circulating take it like a grain of salt but I would be good with either or..

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
I dont want a big splash on McCaffery or Barkley.. I'm good drafting a Breida type RB and rolling with Motor and Moss

We need to fix the trenches to win a SB

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Ehh... Cousins was way above mediocre last season IMO.

Totally agree re McKenzie & it's great to see him signed. I'm personally fine with he, Diggs, Davis & Knox as the primary weapons. Spend those picks plus what little cap space there is elsewhere.

They NEED to trust him though.
In a league where there’s about 12 elite QBs, having #13 (or 14 or 15 or wherever you slot him) gets you absolutely nowhere. It’s classic spinning your wheels. I’d rather the Bills go 0-17 than live through 2 more years of what Cousins has given the Vikings.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I'm confused about Mario Addison.

Spotrac shows him having signed a 3 year deal in 2020 and also shows his contract as a "dead contract" with $2M in dead money. But I didn't see anything about him being released?

edit: The pay cut he took last year may have also shortened the deal. Still confused why there is dead cap money though.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
In a league where there’s about 12 elite QBs, having #13 (or 14 or 15 or wherever you slot him) gets you absolutely nowhere. It’s classic spinning your wheels. I’d rather the Bills go 0-17 than live through 2 more years of what Cousins has given the Vikings.
I'd argue that there are only 5 or 6 truly elite QBs. The Bills are very fortunate to have one of them.

I'd also argue that Cousins was on the outskirts of the top 10 last season. Somewhere in that 'best of the rest' 7-10 range:

10th in completions
9th in passing yds
9th in passing TDs
4th in QB rating
29th in interceptions (including the guys who played as many games - only Rodgers & Wilson had less)

He wasn't the reason they lost games.

Sure - they could tank for a new QB - but there is absolutely no guarantee that whoever they draft would be as good as Cousins.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
NFL on EPSN .. she is a fake lol all that corporate phishing training finally coming to fruition
The company i work for was bought a few years ago by a large US based corporation. And yes - the Phishing training along with all of the other BS we now have to re-do every single year is a pain in the arse.

I don't do social media outside of this forum - but I'm glad there is finally some practical use for it... :laugh:

Reactions: SundherDome

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'd argue that there are only 5 or 6 truly elite QBs. The Bills are very fortunate to have one of them.

I'd also argue that Cousins was on the outskirts of the top 10 last season. Somewhere in that 'best of the rest' 7-10 range:

10th in completions
9th in passing yds
9th in passing TDs
4th in QB rating
29th in interceptions (including the guys who played as many games - only Rodgers & Wilson had less)

He wasn't the reason they lost games.

Sure - they could tank for a new QB - but there is absolutely no guarantee that whoever they draft would be as good as Cousins.
What was the reason they lost games? One thing the stats don’t show (or they could if you have advanced stats) is how he faces stacked boxes and easy pass defenses because defenses don’t respect him, and they still didn’t have cousins let it rip. As far as where he falls, here’s the locked and loaded top 12 in my opinion:

Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Jackson, Wilson, Brady, Dak, Watson, Kyler, Stafford, Rodgers.

If you don’t have one of those guys, or someone with potential to become one of those guys, what’s even the point?

Cousins is fine. He’s right there with Carr and Tannehill. Sure, call any of them “top 13Ish” (which is really just a nice way of saying #13 at best), but in a 32 team league being 13 is being 60th percentile. Is that anywhere near good enough for the most important position in professional sports? I say no.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
What was the reason they lost games? One thing the stats don’t show (or they could if you have advanced stats) is how he faces stacked boxes and easy pass defenses because defenses don’t respect him, and they still didn’t have cousins let it rip. As far as where he falls, here’s the locked and loaded top 12 in my opinion:

Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Jackson, Wilson, Brady, Dak, Watson, Kyler, Stafford, Rodgers.

If you don’t have one of those guys, or someone with potential to become one of those guys, what’s even the point?

Cousins is fine. He’s right there with Carr and Tannehill. Sure, call any of them “top 13Ish” (which is really just a nice way of saying #13 at best), but in a 32 team league being 13 is being 60th percentile. Is that anywhere near good enough for the most important position in professional sports? I say no.
So you think nearly 2/3 of the league should just give up before they have even started?! Should Philly have done that in 2017?

FWIW I agree with much of your list:

'Elite' group last season was Rodgers, Brady, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Mahomes IMO

Murray has the potentital to be there but he still needs to put it all together.

Wilson had an off year - I'll certainly give him the benefit of the doubt for next season but he's not 100% guaranteed to be up there.

I didn't count Watson because he didn't play. Who knows how he will bounce back from his legal issues, not playing for more than a season & switching teams. He's still got the potential.

Jackson is a phenominal runner but he is too one dimensional. He will never be in the elite group for this reason IMO. If he wins a SB it will be despite his flaws.

I also have an extremely hard time putting Stafford & Prescott in that group. They're both in that 'B' tier along with Cousins, Carr, et al.

Tua & Mac Jones are examples of guys who i believe have the potential to make it to this 'B' tier as well.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

based on last season…Cous8ns wasn’t at fault.

their loses

Cincinatti in OT
Arizona on late score by AZ
Dallas got a late score when MIN had lead
Baltimore in OT
San Francisco…they had a 1st and goal down 5 and failed
Detroit had the comeback late to win.
Rams…D failed to stop thrm in 4 th forcing a punt.

Vikings easily could have been a playoff team if they won half of those.

i would not have Stafford or Dak ahead of him
Kyler, Hebert, Burrow haven’t done enough

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
So you think nearly 2/3 of the league should just give up before they have even started?! Should Philly have done that in 2017?

FWIW I agree with much of your list:

'Elite' group last season was Rodgers, Brady, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Mahomes IMO

Murray has the potentital to be there but he still needs to put it all together.

Wilson had an off year - I'll certainly give him the benefit of the doubt for next season but he's not 100% guaranteed to be up there.

I didn't count Watson because he didn't play. Who knows how he will bounce back from his legal issues, not playing for more than a season & switching teams. He's still got the potential.

Jackson is a phenominal runner but he is too one dimensional. He will never be in the elite group for this reason IMO. If he wins a SB it will be despite his flaws.

I also have an extremely hard time putting Stafford & Prescott in that group. They're both in that 'B' tier along with Cousins, Carr, et al.

Tua & Mac Jones are examples of guys who i believe have the potential to make it to this 'B' tier as well.
If I was in the 2/3 of the league that didn't have one of those guys, and also didn't have a young guy I thought had potential to become one of those guys, yes I would be doing everything in my power to upgrade the QB position. Two non HOF QBs have won the super bowl since 2003. The years of Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer winning 2 in 3 years are long long ago.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
based on last season…Cous8ns wasn’t at fault.

their loses

Cincinatti in OT
Arizona on late score by AZ
Dallas got a late score when MIN had lead
Baltimore in OT
San Francisco…they had a 1st and goal down 5 and failed
Detroit had the comeback late to win.
Rams…D failed to stop thrm in 4 th forcing a punt.

Vikings easily could have been a playoff team if they won half of those.

i would not have Stafford or Dak ahead of him
Kyler, Hebert, Burrow haven’t done enough
I mean if that's your position, I'd say lets just agree to fundamentally disagree on the ability of these 5 QBs and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad