Buffalo Bills Offseason part 3, redux. Free agency and new league year begin March 16th, 4pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Joe B disagrees a bit:

I'm not actually in love with the move for the Bills. Doesn't save a ton of money and there's certainly risk with a 30 year old center that's had some nagging injuries the last few years. Hopefully he proves me wrong and we're not talking about how to get out of the deal a year from now.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Wonder if Saffold is in the mix on a 1-year deal to reunite with Kromer?

If they can keep Bates at a team-friendly price, upgrade RG, and draft a couple nice IOL pieces...look out

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Joe B disagrees a bit:

I'm not actually in love with the move for the Bills. Doesn't save a ton of money and there's certainly risk with a 30 year old center that's had some nagging injuries the last few years. Hopefully he proves me wrong and we're not talking about how to get out of the deal a year from now.

I think Morse is worth the roll of the dice. It will be interesting to see how things look at OG after all is said and done.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I think Morse is worth the roll of the dice. It will be interesting to see how things look at OG after all is said and done.
Agreed. I think he had his best season as a Buffalo Bill last year. McDermott also talked about how he took big steps as a team leader.

I think Morse’s play could improve further this year with Kromer as OLC and (hopefully) better guards.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Diggs dropped the ball on this one. It's runny and bland. Not a chunk to be found. No wonder it's $2 off.

diggs14.jpg

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Excited for noon today!

I’m not really expecting any big splash signings but I’m hoping the Bills at least plug some holes on the roster and ideally upgrade a few positions of need.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I doubt the Bills will want to pay a guard like Saffold UFA money.
Yeah, I wonder as well, but a 1 year stop gap deal for a 33 year old that got released from the Titans. Maybe we get a sweet deal for a Super Bowl run with his former OL coach?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Joe B disagrees a bit:

I like this much more now:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Looks like we've got about $7.5M of cap space right now with the Morse extension. Add in the inevitable Beasley cut/trade, and we've got a some real space to work with.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah, I wonder as well, but a 1 year stop gap deal for a 33 year old that got released from the Titans. Maybe we get a sweet deal for a Super Bowl run with his former OL coach?

I just have my doubts that he would take less than market cost to sign with the Bills. If he does, great. But, I am sort of expecting a draft pick to be that other OG.

We shall see how it plays out.

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
Jackson seems like a pipe-dream from a financial standpoint, but I would love Jones if they could figure it out! (I know that'll be a tough one to squeeze in too)

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I just have my doubts that he would take less than market cost to sign with the Bills. If he does, great. But, I am sort of expecting a draft pick to be that other OG.

We shall see how it plays out.
Beane talks constantly about not going into the draft with a hole in the lineup. Unless Cody Ford is "filling the hole" left by Williams ( :help: )I think he has some plan to get a veteran replacement. Since Saffold was released he could have already talked to the Bills and be Beane's plan.

I don't think that deters them from also making a draft pick, but I don't think his plan is to draft the starter (and I beg them not to plan on Cody Ford).

Maybe wishful thinking for Saffold but I trust Beane.

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad