Buffalo Bills Offseason part 3, redux. Free agency and new league year begin March 16th, 4pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If all you need is depth then by all means draft someone. It would be a waste to do that in the first round though...

I like Burks at 25 - but i don't see how you then share enough snaps around everyone after the addition of Crowder.

If Stevenson makes the team as a returner - i already see six WR slots locked up. Stevenson could be your vertical/deep cover too.

If they get a guy that they think could be better than Davis in '22 or '23, I don't see drafting a 1st round WR as a waste. Especially if Davis prices himself out of Buffalo after his current deal is up.

If Bates is back, CB might be the only position that they NEED to draft a starter at. And given Allen and this offense, adding a dynamic WR that you might be able to get at 25 is neither a waste nor a luxury.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Corner is #1 priority, but WR should be too and will be much easier to do at #25 compared to corner. Outside of Davis, the WR room is getting old. I am not sure Diggs will be a true WR1 much longer and Davis is going to want to get paid. Keep adding weapons for Josh Allen!

Reactions: Husko

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Corner is #1 priority, but WR should be too and will be much easier to do at #25 compared to corner. Outside of Davis, the WR room is getting old. I am not sure Diggs will be a true WR1 much longer and Davis is going to want to get paid. Keep adding weapons for Josh Allen!
I am not sure what makes you think that. Like I am genuinely interested in the answer

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I am not sure what makes you think that. Like I am genuinely interested in the answer
He is going to turn 29 during the upcoming season. How many WRs production continues as is into their 30s? He would be a statistical outlier to be still producing at this rate at age 32. It is simple as that. It is not impossible he will continue to excel like he has, but it is unlikely.

Reactions: Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
He will turn 29 this year. Not exactly ancient, but that's already past prime age for physical performance. I hope he keeps playing at an elite level, but just sitting on our laurels expecting elite WR1 production into age 30 seasons is just foolish. Need to keep replenishing the position.

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Another tie! Kyler Gordon and George Karlaftis both get 33% of the vote and come off the board. I decided to take a small liberty with the add. David Ojabo overwhelmingly won the add poll with 56% of the vote, but given (1) he's dead; (2) 2 are coming off the board, adding just one would leave us with just 4 in the poll, one of which isn't playing this year and another is a QB. So I'm adding the #2 option as well, Jalen Pitre. Yes, I'm 100% biased as I've wanted to vote for him for a few rounds now, but well, of well.

New poll here: 2022 HF Bills Big Board 30

1. Aiden Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan (72.7%)
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon (72.7%)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (66.7%)
4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (72.7%)
5. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (44.4%)
6. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (28.6%)
6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (28.6%)
8. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (30%)
9. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M (42.9%)
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (25%)
10. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (25%)
12. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State (28.6%)
12. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia (28.6%)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (50%)
15. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah (37.5%)
16. Drake London, WR, USC (42.9%)
17. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (33.3%)
17. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (33.3%)
19. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (57.1%)
20. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia (55.6%)
21. Zion Johnson, G, Boston College (44.4%)
22. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (33.3%)
22. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (33.3%)
24. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (66.7%)
25. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (50%)
26. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (60%)
27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (50%)
28. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (33.3%)
28. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (33.3%)
One last chance to vote

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
overthecap.com has the bills with $3.98M in capspace and $787K in effective capspace. with the rookie class allocation of about $1.7M, i think the effective number reflects the $2.4M rfa tender on bates once you account for dropping the 51st contract. so unless there is a corresponding move or bates gets an offer they don't match, i think the bills are out of space for anything other than league minimum contracts.. for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad