Buffalo Bills Onto Week 3 at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It's September 1st, heading into Labor Day weekend, and we're 1 week out from the season opener. It's time for a new thread.

GO BILLS!!!

Accurate 53-man roster here

The depth chart at the Bills site is not updated for the cuts/IR/PUP/PS assignments the past couple days. I will edit this post when it is,
Accurate Bills Link depth chart provided by @Rowley Birkin you can click through to any team.

Transactions everything appears current here, from the final cuts to 53, the IR and PUP moves, the Sam Martin signing, etc.

2022 Regular season Schedule with times and broadcast info.

Standings

Last edited:

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Me next Thursday ~8pm:

A13BFF82-D753-4A77-93EA-763C1B765120.gif

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I have next Friday booked off work in anticipation.

@brian_griffin there is an updated depth chart on the official website:

I also like to use Ourlads to easily see all teams' depth charts. They do a good job of updating them. Particularly useful for fantasy football for anyone who plays it:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I am f***ing hyped for this season to start up. Just remember- the first few games normally don't tell us much about the team. I can remember many years where the media would harp on the Pats when they started slow saying their run was over, and by the end of the year they'd be making playoff runs.

So, I won't read too much into either wins or losses the first 3-4 weeks. Obviously, I'm rooting for wins, and how well they do early on will likely have a big impact on their seeding come Jan, but as far as it giving a glimpse of how good the team will be? Not much substance there.

Go Bills!

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I have next Friday booked off work in anticipation.

@brian_griffin there is an updated depth chart on the official website:

I also like to use Ourlads to easily see all teams' depth charts. They do a good job of updating them. Particularly useful for fantasy football for anyone who plays it:

The Bills official site link above appears to have (57) unique names on that list.
Ike Boettger is listed, but he was moved to the PUP 10 days ago.
Tradavious White is listed, he is on PUP injured reserve.
Duke Johnson is listed, but he is on the PS.
There must be one more error.

Your other link is accurate. You are "across the pond", I assume that site is an adjunct of Ladbrokes?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The Bills official site link above appears to have (57) unique names on that list.
Ike Boettger is listed, but he was moved to the PUP 10 days ago.
Tradavious White is listed, he is on PUP injured reserve.
Duke Johnson is listed, but he is on the PS.
There must be one more error.

Your other link is accurate. You are "across the pond", I assume that site is an adjunct of Ladbrokes?
The official list looks correct to me - but you're right - it does include the 'rostered' PUP / IR players. Also the suspended Andre Smith who is your 57th guy. No idea why Johnson is there - he's only listed as a returner so probably just an oversight. It's easy enough to ignore these names though .

I don't know where ourlads originates. I have used this since first getting into fantasy football a number of years ago. I don't play it any more but still find this site to be a good resource for researching opponents depth charts, squad numbers & so on.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

As I've gotten older, I avoid going to games outside of Sept and Oct.

Tons of freezing cold games but the kicker was one where my then girlfriend and I left just completely covered in frozen rain. Soaked and frozen jeans and coats. I don't even remember who we played but I remember us walking like gumby all the way back to the car.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
As I've gotten older, I avoid going to games outside of Sept and Oct.

Tons of freezing cold games but the kicker was one where my then girlfriend and I left just completely covered in frozen rain. Soaked and frozen jeans and coats. I don't even remember who we played but I remember us walking like gumby all the way back to the car.
I've done Bills games and all kinds of outdoor activities, and tent-camped in snow & winter in the single-digit temps through the 20's, one time even as cold as -20F (was a freak artic blast that weekend).
I'll take cold and snowy anything 11 times out of 10 over 33-35F and rain. Even with gear, near-freezing temps and rain turns miserable quickly, within 2 hours.

Onry

Mar 6, 2006

Ok, they clearly assert that "there are no renderings, so we should take nothing from this image. Artist renderings of major structural projects often offer intentionally mythical public excitement before the disappointing reality is erected.

But this. If the new stadium looks even close to this, it will be a worthy home to the best team in the NFL and the greatest fan base in all sports on this continent.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I've done Bills games and all kinds of outdoor activities, and tent-camped in snow & winter in the single-digit temps through the 20's, one time even as cold as -20F (was a freak artic blast that weekend).
I'll take cold and snowy anything 11 times out of 10 over 33-35F and rain. Even with gear, near-freezing temps and rain turns miserable quickly, within 2 hours.
Totally agree. Give me any type of hot or cold weather - so long as there is no rain I am happy.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I don't know where ourlads originates. I have used this since first getting into fantasy football a number of years ago. I don't play it any more but still find this site to be a good resource for researching opponents depth charts, squad numbers & so on.
ourlads was so valuable to me during the covid year(s). It was easily the best site at finding exactly who was out and who was next on the depth chart.

Onry

Mar 6, 2006

I was in tears watching this.

Over the past weeks, I've been increasingly afraid of one thing - with ALL the prevailing media hype and frenzy that the Bills are favored/stacked/destined, Von is a god, Josh stands to become the greatest ever: this team might fall into their mirror and just be #1 in self-entitlement. To a man, they all say they're focused, humble, hungry...but what else should be expected? What's it REALLY like away from the cameras/mics?

This Davis story could not have come (for me anyway) at a better time. His trainer/cook is one of the most prospective and eloquent tellers of a positive story I have witnessed...can't measure heart, indeed. Gabe Davis appears to have the competitive drive and dedication of a Kobe, Michael, Tiger, Muhammad, Derek.

In hoping/assuming that the others are pulling more and riding less, this was (for me) very revealing but even more reassuring

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I agree 110%. Just layer up and rock some snow pants, and you're good in those freezing games. I <3 that weather (not quite as much as a beautiful fall day, though)

Unfortunately, it's been a chore trying to get my wife to go to a game again. The last game she went to was 6 or 7 years ago. Buffalo was playing another meaningless game in December against the Jets, and the weather was exactly as you described. mid-30s and raining ALL DAY. It was awful. I didn't even want to be there. Finally talked her into going to the Pitt game on Oct 9th. Although I'm having second thoughts about going to that game since tickets are selling for around $300 in the 300s!

Also, I would never, ever want to go to a game where the temperature reaches 90F. Even 85F would be tough for me. Part of me thinks the reason the Bills sucked so hard against Jax last year is because they had to play in scorching hot heat. Of course, the o line being banged up and not providing more than 1.5 seconds of drop back time for Allen didn't help either, haha.

I was in tears watching this.

Over the past weeks, I've been increasingly afraid of one thing - with ALL the prevailing media hype and frenzy that the Bills are favored/stacked/destined, Von is a god, Josh stands to become the greatest ever: this team might fall into their mirror and just be #1 in self-entitlement. To a man, they all say they're focused, humble, hungry...but what else should be expected? What's it REALLY like away from the cameras/mics?

This Davis story could not have come (for me anyway) at a better time. His trainer/cook is one of the most prospective and eloquent tellers of a positive story I have witnessed...can't measure heart, indeed. Gabe Davis appears to have the competitive drive and dedication of a Kobe, Michael, Tiger, Muhammad, Derek.

In hoping/assuming that the others are pulling more and riding less, this was (for me) very revealing but even more reassuring
Definitely seems like they bought into their own hype at times last year. Hopefully that doesn't happen again this year. It's the difference between being the #1 seed and being the #3-4 seed.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I agree 110%. Just layer up and rock some snow pants, and you're good in those freezing games. I <3 that weather (not quite as much as a beautiful fall day, though)

Unfortunately, it's been a chore trying to get my wife to go to a game again. The last game she went to was 6 or 7 years ago. Buffalo was playing another meaningless game in December against the Jets, and the weather was exactly as you described. mid-30s and raining ALL DAY. It was awful. I didn't even want to be there. Finally talked her into going to the Pitt game on Oct 9th. Although I'm having second thoughts about going to that game since tickets are selling for around $300 in the 300s!

Also, I would never, ever want to go to a game where the temperature reaches 90F. Even 85F would be tough for me. Part of me thinks the reason the Bills sucked so hard against Jax last year is because they had to play in scorching hot heat. Of course, the o line being banged up and not providing more than 1.5 seconds of drop back time for Allen didn't help either, haha.

Definitely seems like they bought into their own hype at times last year. Hopefully that doesn't happen again this year. It's the difference between being the #1 seed and being the #3-4 seed.
The difference between being the 1 seed and the 3 seed last year was Allen slipping against Tennessee on 4th and inches.

I don’t know how they were “buying into their own hype“ when they went winless in one score games.

Their biggest enemy last year was luck. And one time wind.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The difference between being the 1 seed and the 3 seed last year was Allen slipping against Tennessee on 4th and inches.

I don’t know how they were “buying into their own hype“ when they went winless in one score games.

Their biggest enemy last year was luck. And one time wind.
The Jacksonville game was a shit show to be fair - but nobody's perfect - so we have to give them the odd game like that in ~20.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Jacksonville game was a shit show to be fair - but nobody's perfect - so we have to give them the odd game like that in ~20.
So was the Pittsburgh game. And what they have in common was specifically not buying into their own hype. They called vanilla conservative show nothing offense and got burned. Their hype is unstoppable offense and QB. Three of their losses were ones where the playcalling seemed to curb them on purpose. One of them they can use the wind excuse…but like every single person not calling the game knew would happen…when they let Allen throw into the wind he could do it. But it was too late.

If anything I wish they had believed their hype more and let the offense loose more.

The counterpoint to that is that they had their two best offensive games of the year in their two playoff games when nothing was off the table. So they were right on that in the end…but just a little more and that KC game is in Buffalo instead and who knows. One of the things no one brings up in that game where two QBs dueled basically perfect games…is that one of them had to do it on the road with a hostile crowd and one didn’t. Also we were missing our best CB. …I can’t wait to try that one over.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
So was the Pittsburgh game. And what they have in common was specifically not buying into their own hype. They called vanilla conservative show nothing offense and got burned. Their hype is unstoppable offense and QB. Three of their losses were ones where the playcalling seemed to curb them on purpose. One of them they can use the wind excuse…but like every single person not calling the game knew would happen…when they let Allen throw into the wind he could do it. But it was too late.

If anything I wish they had believed their hype more and let the offense loose more.

The counterpoint to that is that they had their two best offensive games of the year in their two playoff games when nothing was off the table. So they were right on that in the end…but just a little more and that KC game is in Buffalo instead and who knows. One of the things no one brings up in that game where two QBs dueled basically perfect games…is that one of them had to do it on the road with a hostile crowd and one didn’t. Also we were missing our best CB. …I can’t wait to try that one over.
The constant in all that was Daboll. We’ll know in the opener If “Daboll out & Dorsey promoted” is multiplication by subtraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad