HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They'll likely get a decent return for him but no where near what I've seen from some Leaf fans for what they're hoping to get back for him in a trade.

I'm still holding out hope though that Mitchy Boy says absolutely not to waiving his NMC this off season just for the meltdown that will occur with many in that Leafs fanbase. It's a long summer and I need some hockey entertainment. :)
He might.

I thought he was signed for two more years. If that were the case, I think itd Be a flat no. But with a contract coming up, he may not want to take a risk on money.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
8py7uh.jpg

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Fans of teams that say this do so to cope with the fact that their goaltending sucks. Leafs fans, Oilers fans, Colorado, etc.

There haven't been many times a team has won the cup and the goalie hasn't played well. Sure, there's been times random goalies come in and win the cup (Binnington, Ward, etc) but these guys played insanely well when they came in. Good goaltending matters and always has.
Of course good goaltending matters but you also don't need an elite one. Lundquist, Price and Rinne (arguably)were elite and won bupkis while Niemi, Murray, Ward won one. Cory Crawford was very good but not elite. It's more important to have a well balanced team with a solid goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad