GDT: POL vs. FRA May 14, 2024

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Interesting to see how we play vs. a team closer to our level. We'll have to get away from the purely defensive play and attack more, hopefully we don't play too open and concede early. It's France not Sweden or USA I know, but still can't play too open against them.

Reactions: Summer Rose

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Murray will start in net today.

Tomek Valtonen, former Polish NT coach and current Finnish club coach said in studio today that Murray is exceptionally talented, saying he's even one of the best goalies he's seen in his life. However, he doesn't carry himself professionally (diet, lifestyle, etc.) and if he was more serious about the sport would be playing at a much higher level (Finnish League or AHL was mentioned).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This game looks like something one would have expected France - Poland game to look like before the tournament. So it will be interesting to see if there is some pushback by Poles or the truly simply ran out of juice to play at 150%.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Writing this game off as a loss, there's still a chance vs. Kazakhstan but Poland has to play better than this, can't look at the level of the opponent and play the same game no matter if it's Sweden or Kazakhstan.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I always cheer for France but I was hoping for an upset here. Seeing though how overplayed, overstated they are against likes of France it is obvious they do not belong to this level. I’m sad for thousands of fans in Ostrava

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I always cheer for France but I was hoping for an upset here. Seeing though how overplayed, overstated they are against likes of France it is obvious they do not belong to this level. I’m sad for thousands of fans in Ostrava
I don't understand why people feel this need to go into dramatics. They have a point already. Does Latvia not belong to this level either?

2 days ago people were writing how Poland is great, and belongs and surely everyone underrated them, now it's the opposite after 2 periods of clearly the worst hockey they have played in the tournament.

Ylonen just is not having a good tournament.. France is lucky it probably doesn't matter anymore in this one.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This PP could use Chmielewski. I am sure they had their reasons to cut him but it would have been just more fun with him present.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
The polish strategy of shooting the puck from every angle and hope to god for lucky goal isnt working for them this period.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
I asked about T. Bozon in Team France WC thread. Has he always been such perimeter player? I mean great with the puck on his stick, makes mostly good decisions, but 90% of time he just floats around blue line waiting for an opportunity. Was in the stands today and it was kinda funny to see. Great experience, i also have tickets for USA game so more fun to come i guess. Only 90 minutes of drive to Ostrava from Oswiecim :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad