OT: Quarantine Canteen Pt.2

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Back to the culinary cook your own type of stuff.

Yesterday Salmon on barbecue tucked in foil with fresh dill, lemon pepper, some lemon juice, some olive oil and sliced lemons on top and wrapped loosely so steam can go out. important not to overcook salmon and put skin down on doubled foil. Frozen Salmon works fine for this. Do not under any circumstance de thaw. (barbecue cover down for this and roasting potatoes and carrots however) you want heat to do the cooking.

Also roasted potatoes and carrots. both finished with onions mix of chopped fresh and green onion. copious pepper on everything. Side of sauteed shredded red beats from the garden finished with some sour cream mixed in.
I’ve eaten so many baby potatoes and dill. Fresh carrots, kale salad, lately I’m starting to look like a potato and now the cukes are coming fast and furious. We’re leaving for the south for 2 weeks tomorrow just when the fruits from the garden are hitting. That will teach us to put the garden in late. Neighbor is going to water and harvest what they want while we’re gone. I’m sure we will still have copious amounts when we return. Started all my tomato plants from seeds in the house this spring myself these past few years and boy are they producing . The grape variety are seriously like actual grapes on the vine. I hope we dodge a frost so I can make some home made salsa and salsa verde when we get back.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Back to the culinary cook your own type of stuff.

Yesterday Salmon on barbecue tucked in foil with fresh dill, lemon pepper, some lemon juice, some olive oil and sliced lemons on top and wrapped loosely so steam can go out. important not to overcook salmon and put skin down on doubled foil. Frozen Salmon works fine for this. Do not under any circumstance de thaw. (barbecue cover down for this and roasting potatoes and carrots however) you want heat to do the cooking.

Also roasted potatoes and carrots. both finished with onions mix of chopped fresh and green onion. copious pepper on everything. Side of sauteed shredded red beats from the garden finished with some sour cream mixed in.
Do you loosely cover the salmon
With the foil to speed cooking Or let it go uncovered? I’ve done it both ways, I find it gets mushy if covered even loosely , must be me cooking skill…

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
87AAE940-A7DE-44F5-B7F3-14D41A677744.jpeg

Here’s my supper. It’s haddock in a wrap with mashed up avocado and cabbage plus some onions. Lots of lime. Accompanied by some of the green stuff I have to eat from now on. 🥲

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I made myself toasted tomato sandwiches. Cheese, miracle whip. Tomatoes. The tomatoes were from my moms garden. Sooooo good

Leah has covid and is pregnant so she’s pretty much dying in bed the last two days. Been on my own with the 4 dogs and the kiddo. Luckily for me, he’s east. Jam sandwiches and chicken fingers is all he ever eats. Easy enough for me lol

View attachment 577431
Here’s my supper. It’s haddock in a wrap with mashed up avocado and cabbage plus some onions. Lots of lime. Accompanied by some of the green stuff I have to eat from now on. 🥲
Looks good. Do you use any type of sauce ?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I made myself toasted tomato sandwiches. Cheese, miracle whip. Tomatoes. The tomatoes were from my moms garden. Sooooo good

Leah has covid and is pregnant so she’s pretty much dying in bed the last two days. Been on my own with the 4 dogs and the kiddo. Luckily for me, he’s east. Jam sandwiches and chicken fingers is all he ever eats. Easy enough for me lol

Ketchup

PS - I hope Leah is ok. I had that shit for the first time in early July after 4 doses(1 AZ and 3 Pfizer). It was wicked. I wouldn’t want to be an immunocompromised person. Just saying.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground

Just a little garlic infused olive oil and some balsamic. It was actually great. I’m still in a bit of mourning about having to end my relationship with fried food but my wife has been a rockstar with making me tasty healthy food.

Just a little garlic infused olive oil and some balsamic. It was actually great. I’m still in a bit of mourning about having to end my relationship with fried food but my wife has been a rockstar with making me tasty healthy food.
And hoping Leah feels better soon! Gotta suck to be under the weather while pregnant.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Ketchup

PS - I hope Leah is ok. I had that shit for the first time in early July after 4 doses(1 AZ and 3 Pfizer). It was wicked. I wouldn’t want to be an immunocompromised person. Just saying.
I’ll have to try that. Sounds good!

And yes no kidding!! Myself and leah have our 4 shots, and she can’t get out of bed. No idea how some people aren’t vaccinated. Without a doubt she would be on deaths doorstep if she wasn’t vaccinated I’m sure.

Oh man hats off to you.

And hoping Leah feels better soon! Gotta suck to be under the weather while pregnant.
Hats off to you! Giving up fried food is definitely a healthy choice but it’s so hard. I love fried food. I’m sure I should give it up at some point too at least for a while lol!!

And ya thanks man. She’s in rough shape. Hopefully by Thursday or Friday she will start getting back to her old self.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Do you loosely cover the salmon
With the foil to speed cooking Or let it go uncovered? I’ve done it both ways, I find it gets mushy if covered even loosely , must be me cooking skill…
Its a pretty open configuration. Basically wrapping the salmon just so the juices and lemon stay in there and don't spill out. But I make sure the Barbecue is hot. Its a lid down thing so that you get at least 400C heat through there. Which then doesn't take too long to cook the salmon. If the white fatty bits are popping out and the fish is not translucent its done. if I'm not completey sure sometimes I'll turn off the propane and just let the Salmon rest in the ambient heat (lid closed for a few more minutes. Its probably more oven cooking than barbecue, with lid close and two layers of foil but it still takes on the taste of barbecuing. Its really good. I've done whole salmon, whole long filet salmon, or salmon pieces. it all works. I find frozen works better than fresh. Has to be skin on Salmon. Skinside down.

I suspect you're either using fresh salmon or the temp is too low.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Congrats on baby #2!! When is she due? Sorry to hear she's having a wicked battle with Covid right now...hopefully she's starting to get on the mend here.
Thanks my friend! She’s due middle of February! Ya she is having a tough go this time around with the pregnancy. But she was doing better and then got hit with covid. She’s finally feeling better th r last couple days

Doesn’t help that our 3 year old has been such a handful and the new puppy lol. Chaotic house for sure.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Thanks my friend! She’s due middle of February! Ya she is having a tough go this time around with the pregnancy. But she was doing better and then got hit with covid. She’s finally feeling better th r last couple days

Doesn’t help that our 3 year old has been such a handful and the new puppy lol. Chaotic house for sure.
Man, I hear you. They always say "the terrible two's" but three is way worse.

Glad to hear she's feeling better. Did you and the boy just have mild symptoms? Didn't know you got another puppy...what did you get?

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Man, I hear you. They always say "the terrible two's" but three is way worse.

Glad to hear she's feeling better. Did you and the boy just have mild symptoms? Didn't know you got another puppy...what did you get?
I had two days where I could barely get out of bed. It was brutal. After that I felt good. Energy still seems to lack a bit with me. Covid seems to last a while that’s for sure.

We got a border collie whippet! She’s our one dogs puppy (Blitz). She will be Leah’s new flyball dog. She’s going to be fast. This is her
1661802459044.jpeg

Crust and weeds?
Lmao that’s what I thought too. Looks like grass clipping on dry crust.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I had two days where I could barely get out of bed. It was brutal. After that I felt good. Energy still seems to lack a bit with me. Covid seems to last a while that’s for sure.

We got a border collie whippet! She’s our one dogs puppy (Blitz). She will be Leah’s new flyball dog. She’s going to be fast. This is her
View attachment 580132

Lmao that’s what I thought too. Looks like grass clipping on dry crust.
Crazy how it hits people harder than others. Flattened the old lady for four days while my daughter had minor cold symptoms, I had minor cold symptoms and my son tested negative three times out of three different test kits from different boxes.

Cute little pup! Busy household lol.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Crazy how it hits people harder than others. Flattened the old lady for four days while my daughter had minor cold symptoms, I had minor cold symptoms and my son tested negative three times out of three different test kits from different boxes.

Ya I won’t lie I’m not in good shape. Seems to hit people out of shape harder lol. My brother works out and super in good shape. He didn’t get hit too bad

Yes very busy!

Delissio cheeseburger pizza for us tonight! So good
1661819164441.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Same here. I was really worried about the wife. She was in bed basically for a day and a half and small grade fever, feeling terrible, and mostly she was really down (not like her at all) She was scared. But here situation didn't worsen, and she recovered and then I was sick. But continued to be mobile and all that. I had fever, extreme phlegm production, hacking. Then it went to intestinal tract and bunged that up some. We both had the same thing and pretty different symptoms. She didn't get a lot of nasal discharge. She had more the body aches, tired, etc. Mine was more like a cold and then a stomach flu.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My elderly mom had it TWICE (Covid Classic and then Covid Omni), and the first time she had zero symptoms and only found out when they did the mandatory testing of the residents. She was pissed right off when they told her she had to stay in her room for 14 days.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Same here. I was really worried about the wife. She was in bed basically for a day and a half and small grade fever, feeling terrible, and mostly she was really down (not like her at all) She was scared. But here situation didn't worsen, and she recovered and then I was sick. But continued to be mobile and all that. I had fever, extreme phlegm production, hacking. Then it went to intestinal tract and bunged that up some. We both had the same thing and pretty different symptoms. She didn't get a lot of nasal discharge. She had more the body aches, tired, etc. Mine was more like a cold and then a stomach flu.

It's just incredibly crazy how different people get whacked with different symptoms or no symptoms. This is something you'd think you'd read in an Orson Wells book or something.

My elderly mom had it TWICE (Covid Classic and then Covid Omni), and the first time she had zero symptoms and only found out when they did the mandatory testing of the residents. She was pissed right off when they told her she had to stay in her room for 14 days.

Jeez, she must be a tough gal. But man that's rough on seniors to be isolated for two weeks. Thank God for zoom and face time and whatever else these days so people don't feel so alone.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Couple of items in the smoker and Primo cooker today.

Bacon wrapped Riagatoni stuffed with sausage and cheese in the smoker 3 hours. Little sauce, little smoke, lots of smoke,
Also, spice rubbed chicken with a little sauce.
Haven‘t posted in a while, busy summer.
4C894E91-ABFE-479A-80B2-77090BE84868.jpeg
D2588744-CD57-4FD8-A909-EAA0C180F62B.jpeg

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Couple of items in the smoker and Primo cooker today.

Bacon wrapped Riagatoni stuffed with sausage and cheese in the smoker 3 hours. Little sauce, little smoke, lots of smoke,
Also, spice rubbed chicken with a little sauce.
Haven‘t posted in a while, busy summer.
View attachment 581653View attachment 581654
Dear sweet merciful Jesus. My belly and tongue are sweating and my four artery blockages are seizing. So many competing things going on inside me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad