GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT (MOD NOTICE post #87)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Stars become the first team to play a full 60 this series. Game could've been over in the first but they kept pressing and eventually were rewarded.

As someone cheering for the Stars to not only win this series but the cup too, I have to concede that the Avs performance tonight was pathetic and unacceptable under the circumstances. They just looked lifeless out there with no desperation or urgency for a team on the brink of going down 3-1. Stars meanwhile had the killer instinct tonight and were intent on not giving the Avs any life.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
How do the league officials let that unfold like that?

I'd be pissed at the league office for how it went down.

Nuke is responsible. But give the Avs to have time to implement a plan.
You think the drug test takes just a few hours? I'm sure the NHL didn't know till an hour or so before they told Colorado. Hard to blame them for what Nuke did.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I bet you had your Avalanche winning against Florida/NYR before this series though.
I have confidence in the Avs against every team in the league except a Pete Deboer team.

Makar is the number one D. And Matthews doesn’t play for the Avalanche.
They should be deep enough to still be competitive.
Matthews is golfing buddy
1715661844872.png

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have confidence in the Avs against every team in the league except a Pete Deboer team.
Great. I had Dallas beating them but I thought the Avalanche would put up more of a fight.

Matthews is golfing buddy
View attachment 870442
Yes I know. He’s the number one goal scorer.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Stylistically the Avs match up better against teams like Edmonton/Vancouver that likes to open it up more. They've always struggled against teams the slow the game down to a halt and grind it out.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We lost one of our best players in Hintz and had to double shift for 2 periods, so I am calling bullshi*. These guys are professionals. Suck it up
I wasn't taking anything from the Stars idk why that post in response to what I quoted was taken so poorly.

The Stars have been really really good. The Avs lost important players and look even worse than they had looked. Having watched most of the games by all the teams in the playoffs the Avs were a one of the better playoff teams coming into tonight. But not as good as the Stars who have been one of if not the best team in the playoffs.

If anything it's a compliment to the Stars.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Interesting...I don't think the Rangers would have a chance against Dallas....but Florida could well win it all.....a Florida Dallas cup final would be a beaut and a nail biter.
My feeling too. I still don't see it with NY and I can't see either team in the Canadian matchup beating Dallas.

Reactions: Devonator

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Stylistically the Avs match up better against teams like Edmonton/Vancouver that likes to open it up more. They've always struggled against teams the slow the game down to a halt and grind it out.
Cool that they can do that but also be a high scoring team.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
I wasn't taking anything from the Stars idk why that post in response to what I quoted was taken so poorly.

The Stars have been really really good. The Avs lost important players and look even worse than they had looked. Having watched most of the games by all the teams in the playoffs the Avs were a one of the better playoff teams coming into tonight. But not as good as the Stars who have been one of if not the best team in the playoffs.
My apologies. I just saw the post as excuses.

Not only are the Avs down in the series (getting clobbered in the process) but they look spiritually crushed too. Two goals in two home games. No time spent with the lead. I thought this series was going to be a barn burner
Oh it is a barn burner for Dallas. Lol!!!

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Great. I had Dallas beating them but I thought the Avalanche would put up more of a fight.

Yes I know. He’s the number one goal scorer.
C’mon don’t be obtuse lol. You know he’s referring to playoff leading scorer and obviously top line dman, not top dman. No it shouldn’t be an excuse but also no, other teams are not going through that right now.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
Sure. Any team is better against weaker teams.

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
Odd. So they watch up against 3,4,5 but not 1st in the west? You don’t say!

Reactions: Puck Luck 73

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
C’mon don’t be obtuse lol. You know he’s referring to playoff leading scorer and obviously top line dman, not top dman. No it shouldn’t be an excuse but also no, other teams are not going through that right now.
Canucks are on their third string rookie goalie.
You have to at least put up a fight even if you’re missing a couple of good players. They still have lots of good players.
This is as one sided a series as we’ve seen.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
Sure. Any team is better against weaker teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad